jacob1

Needs more cow bell
Reaction score
Handicap
Is it just me or does the way his students swing the club look awkward? To me they seem to bent over and there hands seem so low. Now granted there better than me, It just doesn't look right. What do you guys think?

:popcorn:

Nothing is ever bad when debated in a friendly way. There are those that like his thoughts and those that dont. Then there are those that like his thoughts because he started working with Tiger and those that dont because he started working with Tiger.

LOL. Did I just start something bad?

Popcorn.gif

...just kidding, man. It'll be a good discussion to read. I am pretty much impartial on the subject.

I think Tiger has a perfect swing (was probably more perfect before), but I'm really not for or against Foley.

Last edited:
Nothing is ever bad when debated in a friendly way. There are those that like his thoughts and those that dont. Then there are those that like his thoughts because he started working with Tiger and those that dont because he started working with Tiger.
I don't know his thoughts on ball flight and what not. I just think it looks a bit weird.

Foley addresses the golf swing from a very bio-mechanical view point. It works for some players.

Hunter has won twice this year. Justin Rose has won once this year. And tiger has won twice.

I have been incorporating a lot of Foley swing thoughts into my swing this year. I am not a "feel" player and his thoughts work for me.

I should read up on his swing thoughts. I'm just going off of what it looks like to me.

In general the idea is to get your hands low through impact. That way it is easier to come through the inside of the ball.

I should read up on his swing thoughts. I'm just going off of what it looks like to me.

It's a much more "rotary swing"....he has them swing more "around" the body than down the target line.....just my observation, I am by now means an expert.

Forgive my ignorance. But what does coming through the inside of the ball do? For me I would slice the crap out of it.

If Tiger wins a major, everyone will talk about what a genius he is. Bottom line: if you work with Tiger, you win.

Forgive my ignorance. But what does coming through the inside of the ball do? For me I would slice the crap out of it.

Your path through the ball gives you the curvature of the ball. Swinging from the inside to the outside helps you draw the ball. Swinging outside to inside (aka cutting across the ball, or what usually happens when you come over the top) makes you slice the ball.

Your clubface at impact determines the initial direction of the ball. For a right-handed golfer, open clubface at impact = ball starts right of target. Closed clubface at impact = ball starts left of target.

This has been posted in other threads

swingpaths.gif

The Green or Blue path are the better ones...the green path will promote a draw or a hook...the blue more of a straight ball.

The maroon path is the average golfer's over the top swing that results in pulls and slices.

EDIT: What Ary said above, but with visual aids...LOL

It's the path that creates a draw, power fade, and the less spin. A player can also release the club through impact which is more consistent than coming from the outside and trying to time the clubhead release.

Thanks guys for clearing that up! Edit.. I still think it looks odd. Seems to bent over.

I like the look of Tigger's swing a lot. Hunter's looks a bit funny to me. Is Rose also a Foley guy? I like his swing too.

I think Foley has a book. I'm going to check it out now.

I like the look of Tigger's swing a lot. Hunter's looks a bit funny to me. Is Rose also a Foley guy? I like his swing too.

Yes he is. He was just featured in a really good article in Golf Magazine about his swing triggers.

Well I did some research on Foley.. I kinda like his swing thoughts. However I'm not so sure I like him. He seems to come off like a used car salesman.

Well I did some research on Foley.. I kinda like his swing thoughts. However I'm not so sure I like him. He seems to come off like a used car salesman.

:laughing:

I think he dresses funny.

He reminds me of the guy that was down at the University of Miami paying those players and ratted on everybody when he got caught.

He reminds me of the guy that was down at the University of Miami paying those players and ratted on everybody when he got caught.
Exactly.

Your path through the ball gives you the curvature of the ball. Swinging from the inside to the outside helps you draw the ball. Swinging outside to inside (aka cutting across the ball, or what usually happens when you come over the top) makes you slice the ball.

Your clubface at impact determines the initial direction of the ball. For a right-handed golfer, open clubface at impact = ball starts right of target. Closed clubface at impact = ball starts left of target.

Actually the curvature of the ball is determined by the how open or closed the face of the club is relative to the path. You can have an inside path and hit a fade or even slice if the face is open relative to the path. It would be a push fade instead of an over the top pull fade. May seem like minutia, but you can have a club face open to the target, but closed to the path of the club and hit a push draw.

Back