The Jordan Spieth Thread

He must have seen my witb last year and copied me.

Loved this clip Ary. I also like a pic that you posted earlier today of Jordan. I ended up copying that pic and making it my back ground on my phone.
Love these videos that the PGA Tour has been putting out recently with the pros' warmup routines, here is Spieth:

A lot of faults in that swing. But he proves courage and playing the game for score is the key.

A lot of faults in that swing. But he proves courage and playing the game for score is the key.
I dont see how its a fault if it clearly works for him? Just because someone isnt textbook i dont think its wrong. Same with Bubba, Furyk etc. They swing and repeat something that works very well for them.

You're kidding right? It's no LocoMotion but it's pretty darn solid and repeatable which it the key.

Just went back and watched his front 9 today. He left a few stokes out there. Very encouraging if he can keep his stamina up this weekend.

You're kidding right? It's no LocoMotion but it's pretty darn solid and repeatable which it the key.

Just went back and watched his front 9 today. He left a few stokes out there. Very encouraging if he can keep his stamina up this weekend.

And the strokes he left out there the putter let him down more than the swing...

I just don't care for it .. Looks like he chicken wings it. But he wins and i like his attitude and demeanor. My opinion but nice to have an opinon on what we like and what we don't like. He is the best player on the planet now and can only wish him continued success

I just don't care for it .. Looks like he chicken wings it. But he wins and i like his attitude and demeanor. My opinion but nice to have an opinon on what we like and what we don't like. He is the best player on the planet now and can only wish him continued success
Nothing wrong with opinions. Genuinely curious tho, do you hate watching anyone who swings their swing? Whats considered proper? Just wondering what we are basing proper on? Not an attack im seriously curious.

It's pretty funny hearing those comments about Spieth but Dustin Johnson has one of the most unethical swings going but is now the longest and straightest driver of the ball in the game....bent elbow/wrists and all.

Nothing wrong with opinions. Genuinely curious tho, do you hate watching anyone who swings their swing? Whats considered proper? Just wondering what we are basing proper on? Not an attack im seriously curious.

You'd think with that perfect swing he'd have more wins........ Being serious.

I've jumped on the band wagon with how he handles himself on and off the course. He is really a great role model for the younger generation to emulate. Fun to watch his career unfold, just not the style I find appealing swing wise.

You'd think with that perfect swing he'd have more wins........ Being serious.
Has to a lot to do with the longest club in his bag, the putter.

I've jumped on the band wagon with how he handles himself on and off the course. He is really a great role model for the younger generation to emulate. Fun to watch his career unfold, just not the style I find appealing swing wise.

Respect your opinion and it sort of makes sense considering your thoughts on the swing approach and philosophy you use and have stated in other threads here. Works for you which is the important thing.

Still curious who it is you really like swing wise MM? I know Jrod posted the Scott swing but I'm wondering if that's who you like too?

His swing works for him and what he wants to do with the ball. Why does there have to be a "model" swing. Isn't the beauty of golf that each person has their swing and it's unique to them? Pros all have different swings but look the same at impact.

Lots of better looking swings on tour and lots of those guys with no majors and less wins.

Well, maybe. That wing looks probably keeps him from shutting face down too much, and control the face better. Which is why he is so accurate. I will take that over the Tiger losing the best swing in the game trying to have the best technical looking one.

or Adam Scott jrod posted. I Like silky smooth

but for all around class, Jordan is the best for golf. Just fun listening to him and enjoy how he handles himself. A true gentleman that golf desperately needed with all the scandal popping up. I'm pulling for him this week, I think he might pull this out. If he does, I wouldn't be shocked if he also wins the PGA

or Adam Scott jrod posted. I Like silky smooth

but for all around class, Jordan is the best for golf. Just fun listening to him and enjoy how he handles himself. A true gentleman that golf desperately needed with all the scandal popping up. I'm pulling for him this week, I think he might pull this out. If he does, I wouldn't be shocked if he also wins the PGA

I've fallen for it, Spieth's swing is faulty but this one above is good? Even with that massive reroute?

The fact is, most swings, tour pro included, are far from mechanically perfect. It's all a matter of compensating those faults. The best pros are the ones that repeat those compensations.

In my humble opinion a golf swing should be judged purely and solely on 1 thing:

Results!

I'd say Spieths swing is mighty fine. The idea that golf swings all need to look the same or share the same fundamentals is laughable. Impact is all that matters and the guys who can repeat their good impact position the most win tournaments.

Sounds like a new thread idea....Pros With Swing Faults

Please no TW trolling in the Spieth thread.....Spieth does the TW thread trolling.

The hottest man in golf on the planet and not number 1 in the world...system fail.

Back