Callaway Apex Irons Review Thread

Just placed my order for a set of 4-AW with xp 95 shafts 2* upright and 1/2" long. Neon new decade grips built up to midsized. Now I wait!

Such a great club. XP 95 was what I was fit to as well.

Nice! uploadfromtaptalk1432076312049.jpg

Such a great club. XP 95 was what I was fit to as well.
I'm so excited. I tried the rsi 2s, xr and xr pros, and Mizuno 850 forged. Absolutely love the feel and flight.

Tap it in.....

I was fitted for the XP95 as well. Love the feel of the combination. I've hit a lot of different irons since being fit and nothing comes close to the Apex goodness.

Thought it was about time I add my 2cents to this thread. I was fit into the Apex, prior to being fit I was play Mizuno MP53's which I liked very much. I really enjoyed the Mizzys but if I was not striking the ball particularly well on a given day...it was noticeable. The added forgiveness the Apex provide is very much welcomed to my game. When I was fitted I went with the 6iron as my longest iron. After spending some time with these I took the oprotunity to pick up the 4 and 5 iron as well. The long irons are so much easier to hit than anything I have played before. (I still have the 4 and 5 bertha hybrids in the bag, even easier to hit!) I would say they are about a half club longer than my MP53's. I am really drawn to the classic look of the head its self the badging is classy and minimal. The feel on a well struck ball is really good, definitely a hotter feel than the mizunos. The thing that really impresses me about these irons is the forgiveness that is built into such a classic attractive package. I have hit some shots that I thought were going to end up in real bad shape and I just have not been penalized as I thought I would be. I am really enjoying them and look forward to adding more as the season goes on.

I have had my Razr X forged for 2 years now, have had the apex pro 7 iron as a test and practice. absolutely love the feel, just have yet to pull the trigger on it....

I took a chance on a set of Apex's on CPO that had my exact specs and were on sale. Wanted a lighter setup because of recent back troubles. Wow, these are great irons. Never been a fan of Callaway irons until these.

I put the 5 hyron in the bag today for my XRP 5i, only hit it once, but it was a fun little rope hook me jaysoos out of trouble. Can't wait to get the full set out here in a couple of days just for grins.

Not sure if there's a separate thread for them, but CPO site has 20% off a single item today. I pulled the trigger on an Apex UT 21* with KBS shaft. Based on what I've read online here and other reviews, I cannot wait.

I think my X2 Hot hybrids may be in trouble...

Love my 24 ut it supplements the yardages that used to plague me. Still have my hybrids however, there isn't much that will make me switch them out.

Guys with the set AW...are you seeing the expected distance with this club? I just can't get the yardage I want out of it so I am thinking about bending it 2 degrees strong. Just curious if it is 100% my poor swing or if others might be experiencing it as well...

Guys with the set AW...are you seeing the expected distance with this club? I just can't get the yardage I want out of it so I am thinking about bending it 2 degrees strong. Just curious if it is 100% my poor swing or if others might be experiencing it as well...
I am seeing normal out of mine

I see a decently large gap between my PW and my AW, probably about 15 yards or so. But that is not uncommon in all of my previous set wedges gaps.

I see a decently large gap between my PW and my AW, probably about 15 yards or so. But that is not uncommon in all of my previous set wedges gaps.

Mine is about 25 yards and I don't know what to do. I just try to avoid the yardage but that's not always possible. Ugh

If it's your aw being shorter consistently, I'd try bending it strong. I have a blade 50* and hit it a little shorter than the set AW in the Apex, so just goes to show how individual these things are.

I too have this gap. I hit my PW about 130ish and the AW maxes out for me at about 110 which is odd. Ideally I'd like to bend it to get to 115-120, because I can hit my 54* vokey 100ish no problem, so the AW is kinda awkwardly positioned in the bag. However, it's an awesome club, I just think it could be bent a degree or two stronger.

And here are my new apex irons! 4-gap 2* upright and 1/2" long with New decade multi compound built to mid size
3266164c99ec2cb30d624b79fdf80bb2.jpg
aaed94deeaf8068b86ee73a16d93a9a1.jpg
1dd0bbdf9f01abef84b5d8c2da673f29.jpg

Tap it in.....

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1433388729459.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1433388729459.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1433388707979.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1433388707979.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1433388720124.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1433388720124.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Those are pretty cool and springtime fresh with the yellow grips, what shafts did you get? These clubs are keepers!

Also: I have the AW and it is in alignment for me gap wise to the PW, right around 100-110yds vs 120-130yds with the PW

Last edited:
Those are pretty cool and springtime fresh with the yellow grips, what shafts did you get? These clubs are keepers!

Thanks! The pictures make them look yellow but they are actually neon green. The grips are built to. I'd size and I got them with true Tempe xp95 shafts in stiff.

Just got back from my first range session and absolutely love the clubs. So freaking easy to hit and the launch is Incredible with these shafts.

Even when struck low on the face they travel almost the same distance. Very forgiving clubs and feel absolutely amazing.

Few questions and the top of the Apex filled bag.
Do you use the 4i or what's your longest iron?

What is your hybrid/wood arrangement?

Can you add average distances for your long iron and hybrids?

I have 5-GW. I'm debating 3 hybrid and 4 hybrid vs 3hybrid and 4i. My 5i is 180-185. I play my old 4hybrid from 190-205. Recently bought an x2 hot 3hybrid. Wondering if I should have the corresponding 4 hybrid or if the 4i would come in handy vs 2 hybrids.

Few questions and the top of the Apex filled bag.
Do you use the 4i or what's your longest iron?

What is your hybrid/wood arrangement?

Can you add average distances for your long iron and hybrids?

I have 5-GW. I'm debating 3 hybrid and 4 hybrid vs 3hybrid and 4i. My 5i is 180-185. I play my old 4hybrid from 190-205. Recently bought an x2 hot 3hybrid. Wondering if I should have the corresponding 4 hybrid or if the 4i would come in handy vs 2 hybrids.

I have the 5-AW set up, and I just got an Apex 21* Utility. I'll let you know how that goes. I had X2 Hot hybrids (3, 4) but I ended up not liking them after an initial honeymoon. They're up in the marketplace now...

Back