Good stuff right there, I am finishing off my bottle of JW double Black

That's great to hear, Freddie. Sort of took a chance with it from reading the bottle.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

That's great to hear, Freddie. Sort of took a chance with it from reading the bottle.

It's not the end all be all but it's tasty

Jack isn't bourbon OG it goes through a different process that doesn't match the law for bourbon. Yes there is actually a law on what constitutes bourbon whiskey.

Elijah is good stuff, I am guessing you are talking the 12yr old, I've got a bottle of 18yr unopened that's apparently hard to come by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang thanks for the education bro! Anyways I enjoy JD and yep the EC I enjoy is the 12 year version. I hadn't seen an 18 year in my store at Five Points in Athens, Ga. It must be rare as this store has a huge selection of everything. College town.

Picked up Bushmills Black from Duty Free on the way home. Look forward to giving it a try this weekend during the US Open

Black bush is great for a relatively inexpensive whiskey.

Black bush is great for a relatively inexpensive whiskey.

In Athens airport they didn't have Crown, for a similar price, figured it was worth a shot.

Dang thanks for the education bro! Anyways I enjoy JD and yep the EC I enjoy is the 12 year version. I hadn't seen an 18 year in my store at Five Points in Athens, Ga. It must be rare as this store has a huge selection of everything. College town.

No prob OG, all bourbon is whiskey but not all whiskey be bourbon

Yeah when we were on the bourbon trail 2yrs ago and at Heaven Hill distillery the lady was talking about it and I looked at my wife and said think I got a bottle of that. After the tasting the lady asked me about it and said I could easily sell it for way more than I paid for it. I said I'd pass and keep it.

I have quite the collection $30 bottles or so of whiskey 25 or there abouts is bourbon, Irish, Japanese, Canadian, wheat, rye, and Tennessee. Everything from smooth and light to quite peppery and robust.

Five Points is a great store, OG... They have a real good Cigar selection too.

After the Hawks wrapped up #3 in the last 6 years, my buddy popped to bottles one Macallan 18, and one Oban 14. I have never really enjoyed Scotch being pretty big into Bourbon at one point before giving up the fire water completely about 7 years ago. I guess the Scotch I had tried before was always of the peaty variety and I am not a fan of that style. Anyway the Macallan was excellent coming from a Bourbon fan. The Oban was tasty but quite a bit more wood and not as smooth.

So, Bushmills Black is nice. Not the best I've had, but for the price, very nice. Would buy again to change it up down the road.

So, Bushmills Black is nice. Not the best I've had, but for the price, very nice. Would buy again to change it up down the road.

You should treat yourself to some 21 some time.

Best whiskey of any type IMO.

You should treat yourself to some 21 some time.

Best whiskey of any type IMO.

I'll have to keep that in mine once this is gone. Variations of Bushmills is hard to find here. By the sounds I'll have to try and track it down though.

Whiskey Thread

I'll have to keep that in mine once this is gone. Variations of Bushmills is hard to find here. By the sounds I'll have to try and track it down though.

I love scotch, bourbon, and Irish of course.

I love all things whiskey and the smooth mellowness of the 21 is amazing to me.

Expensive though

I love scotch, bourbon, and Irish of course.

I love all things whiskey and the smooth mellowness of the 21 is amazing to me.

Expensive though

No worse than the shoes she brings home haha

No worse than the shoes she brings home haha

I buy a bottle for my birthday every year and make my wife hide it from me otherwise it will be gone in a few days haha.

I believe they call that a problem .

I buy a bottle for my birthday every year and make my wife hide it from me otherwise it will be gone in a few days haha.

Nahhh. Mostly because that means if you have a problem, I have a problem and I don't have one

Nope just enjoying what you enjoy, if you start selling off tools to buy them. Then you have a problem

Picked up some Ardbeg today. Divine.

Opened up a bottle of Four Roses Single Barrel that was collecting dust in the cabinet, smooth with a peppery note and a mellow after taste 100proof good stuff

Bought a bottle of Elijah Craig 12 today. Asked the lady if they had any flasks and she gave me one free from one of those gift packs.

My father in law asked for a good bottle of single malt scotch for his retirement. I wanted something I knew he had never tried before. I did some searching and narrowed it down to a few selections being that i know he likes that strong peaty taste.

Lavagulin 16
Ardbeg uigeadail
Laphroaig quarter cask

I ended up with something completely different and am glad I did! He loved it and said it was one of the best he has ever had. It had a nice smoky taste and was very smooth. It also not as expensive as the others at only $60. Would definitely buy again.

1fd6d8a19f395a683d79f0e5129f67e3.jpg

Just got back from a trip to Dublin. Had a fantastic time. While there I went to the Whiskey Museum and to Jameson's Distillery. Brought back 3 fabulous Irish Whiskies. Yellow Spot, Teeling, & Knappogue Castle 14. Yellow Spot is unbelievable. I also was on a quest to find the best Irish Coffee. Must of had 2 to 3 a day. Best one I had was at The Pier Head Bar and Restaurant in Kinvarra, County Galway.

79780a104b56812636801d60089d135f.jpg

Cockeyed picture but it's going to be a good night

79780a104b56812636801d60089d135f.jpg

Cockeyed picture but it's going to be a good night

Jealous. I can't even find a bottle near me. If you don't like, let me know and I'll send a courier for it.

Back