Butterfield Trail golf course review

cwbonner

Reaction score
Handicap
Don't asK!
Today I had the opportunity to play Butterfield Trail golf course in El Paso. It is a very nice public course located on the NE side of the city. It has one of the nicer pro shops in the area, and a great practice area. For a $15 fee you get unlimited balls and use of the putting and short game areas, which are very nice. We were close on our tee time so I didn't get to spend much time there, but have in the past.

The course itself has 5 sets of tees, ranging from 7307/72.8/130 to 6008/66.9/117 for men and 6008/72.3/129 to 5053/67.8/119 for ladies. The course is a Tom Fazio design, and is just beautiful. Fees are not too bad for a course of this caliber, $85 including cart on weekends for non-residents is the highest rate, and my round today for a weekday resident with cart was just under $50. Bottled water is included as well, and available at several coolers around the course.

The course is quite challenging, with water on several holes, a large number of bunkers and waste areas, and typical desert ball eating landscape for those WTF shots. Rough is not too long, but VERY thick and easy to hang a club in, and the greens are multi-tiered, large, and fast, but roll very nice and true. Overall, even though it is one of the most expensive courses in this area, it is well worth the trip if you are in the area. Here are a few photos for you to enjoy:

DSC00070.jpg

DSC00069.jpg

DSC00068.jpg

DSC00067.jpg

DSC00066.jpg

DSC00065.jpg

DSC00064.jpg

DSC00063.jpg

Quite the appealing looking course you have there. The rate sounds like a very good deal as well, but is the resident rate a local area deal? Thanks for sharing!

Man, that thing looks fun and itlooks to be in great shape, Well done and thanks for the review.

Quite the appealing looking course you have there. The rate sounds like a very good deal as well, but is the resident rate a local area deal? Thanks for sharing!

That rate is for El Paso residents since it is an El Paso municipal course. The weekday rate for out of the area is still only $65 IIRC. Glad you enjoyed the review, and it is a nice course.

That rate is for El Paso residents since it is an El Paso municipal course. The weekday rate for out of the area is still only $65 IIRC. Glad you enjoyed the review, and it is a nice course.

That's a fantastic muni!

Thanks for the review. Very different aesthetics from what I'm used to, but looks like a lot of fun.

That's a fantastic muni!

It is very nice. Usually gets rated in the golf magazines as one of the top munis in the country. Its nice too because the price keeps the pressure low. Played in around 4 hours and I got very good value in cost per shot :banghead: and still was only around 4 hours.

Glad you are enjoying the review!

Absolutely dude, shy of equipment these are my favorite reviews on the site. Seeing where folks are playing is neat to me.

I agree, that is one good looking muni. Thanks for sharing.

That looks like a great course! I love seeing pictures of courses in places that I have not been

Back