Overcoming Leg Fade

BradMorris64

Turf Fears Me
Reaction score
Looks like I'm going to need to work on leg stamina over the winter. When my legs start to go during a round I have found that there seems to be nothing that I can do to overcome it and I simply end up lunging at the ball trying to slap it towards the target with my hands. This normally produces extremely weak shots that are either fat and left or weak high slices to the right. Sometimes I can play 36 holes with no problems and sometimes they start to go after 14 or 15. It's one reason I shy away from hitting too many balls before a round. Once they go, there is no getting them back except resting them for a couple of hours. Unless somebody can offer me some advice to salvage some sort of swing even if they start to fade during a round.

Looks like I'm going to need to work on leg stamina over the winter. When my legs start to go during a round I have found that there seems to be nothing that I can do to overcome it and I simply end up lunging at the ball trying to slap it towards the target with my hands. This normally produces extremely weak shots that are either fat and left or weak high slices to the right. Sometimes I can play 36 holes with no problems and sometimes they start to go after 14 or 15. It's one reason I shy away from hitting too many balls before a round. Once they go, there is no getting them back except resting them for a couple of hours. Unless somebody can offer me some advice to salvage some sort of swing even if they start to fade during a round.

Excercise excercise excercise. I think we would be amazed at how much time a lot of tour spend in the gym. Work on core and leg strength.

I was definitely impressed with Jim Furyk's pre-round workout. Who knew?

Consider biking or spinning rather than straight up weight training. Biking/spinning works endurance and leg strength simultaneously, both of which you'll want in golf.

In the words of Freddie Mercury "I like to ride my bicycle"

Back