do you always remove the pin when by yourself?

rollin

"Just playin golf pally"
Reaction score
Handicap
I am very very rarely alone when I play but on that rare occasion I am I leave it in. I've also played as twosome on "some" occasions and it just depends what the circumstances are (ball positions etc) when at each green. Usually it comes out but if both players are far enough away, we may leave it and then also finish the lag putts with it in on some holes.

I know it sounds lazy but its just a pain in the butt especially when by yourself. Besides, I cant even remember the amount of times the pin was influential in my putting. But again I'm most rarely ever alone. If it happened more often and I found the pin affecting my putts I may then remove it "some" more.

Lazy man here, if I'm by myself the pin stays in. 2 or more and it comes out every time though.

I never remove it if I'm playing by myself.

depends on what time my wife expects me home......

I feel odd putting into a hole with a flag in it when on the green. I prefer to pull it

I play a lot in the late evening as a single and the pin stays in 99% of the time.....I play as a 2some with a buddy a few times a month and we always pull the pin.

When playing alone I am just too lazy to walk to the hole to take it out...LOL

Always take it out except on very long putts when by myself.

No, only if I am walking by it on my way to the ball.

Always. Unless I am playing through and trying to move quickly through the group out of respect.

I figure, why not?

Most of us don't hit everything to 5 feet like you Dan :act-up:

If I'm far from the hole and my ball is front of the green I'll wait until after my first put for the sake of pace.

On my own - leave it in. Otherwise - out it comes.

When playing alone I always pull the pin when putting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I play alone alot and usually I lag putt with it still in but pull it out to finish the hole. I finish out most holes because putting is one of the main areas that I have been working to eliminate strokes and pull the flag to finish so it won't look different during play with others.

unless i'm rushing to play through, I always pull. Gives me a little extra time to analyze the green.

Playing alone, I leave it in, otherwise it comes out.

I will pull the pin most of time. The only I won't pull is if I am playing through or I am running out of daylight, trying to get a couple last holes in.

If I'm by myself, I usually don't which gets me in a little trouble when playing with my weekend group. I forget to pull it.

hardly ever if by myself

Rarely...it's all about knocking extra mins off the round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually do remove the pin, but if I'm by myself and wanting to play fast, then sometimes I don't....It just depends.

I pull it 99% of the time when alone.

Hardly ever, but did remove it for a few of my shorter birdie putts yesterday.

By myself the pin stays in.

Back