Titleist 712U Prototype Utility Irons Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The 712U is currently a Tour-only product, but the feedback we receive during this validation period will influence the final design and specifications, as well as determine the product's place in the Titleist club line-up.

712U_2D00_01.jpg

Beat me to it by 1 minute JB. Please delete my thread.

Is it a full set or just something to get me out of the trees?

Well, that's interesting timing. Sure looks nice.

Looks like yet another Titleist offering I'll never be able to hit properly.... :banghead:

I like the simple look to it

I don't get how this will be for the masses? Or is this another elitist iron? Can't see too many people having weekend success with this.

Not my cup of tea, but must say, out of all of the utility irons that seem to be coming out, like the clean and traditional looks.

Old school look.........wonder how they hit?!

I like that look a lot.

I don't get how this will be for the masses? Or is this another elitist iron? Can't see too many people having weekend success with this.

Not sure I am following here. Any club designed for the "better player" is elitist? They already make a traditional hybrid.

I like the looks of it, the Callaway looks like it will be a bit more forgiving but I would certainly give them both a go.

Is this a wide soled driving iron/hybrid replacement? Looks intimidating.

Oh i think that thing is BEAUTYfull!!!

Not sure I am following here. Any club designed for the "better player" is elitist? They already make a traditional hybrid.

I like the looks of it, the Callaway looks like it will be a bit more forgiving but I would certainly give them both a go.

No. Not necessarily. I like their traditional hybrids but I don't understand how this will be beneficial to the everyday golfer? I understand that they aren't out to make everything for us weekend warriors. I agree I think Cally did it better. This just looks ridiculously difficult to hit

Looks nicer than the other clubs in this class that have so far been released/announced.

It reminds me of the Yonex driving iron a little bit (although this looks thinner) that we have had out at the Tour Van Events and THP Demo Day. I like that thing quite a bit.

I was just looking at pictures of the Yonex to compare. The whole 712 series is very easy on the eyes.

I really like the idea of this type of iron. With my home course being as short as it is with narrow tree lined fairways I would love to put a club like this or the Callaway in my bag. Would love to see some more pictures but I like the classic clean look.

I look the look of it but will be interested hear the performance of it.

Do we know what lofts it will be available in?

It reminds me of the Yonex driving iron a little bit (although this looks thinner) that we have had out at the Tour Van Events and THP Demo Day. I like that thing quite a bit.

I am still kicking myself for not hitting that thing, I'm sure I would love it.

No. Not necessarily. I like their traditional hybrids but I don't understand how this will be beneficial to the everyday golfer? I understand that they aren't out to make everything for us weekend warriors. I agree I think Cally did it better. This just looks ridiculously difficult to hit

It isn't for the everyday golfer, right now it is tour only, and is obviously designed with the better ball striker in mind. Blades aren't for the everyday golfer either but just about every company makes them.

I thought my pondering days were over. I'm curious to see what shaft offerings will be made available and how versatile this guy will be.

I think it looks pretty nice but it's hard to tell from just the one pic. Can't wait to hear/see more about it.

I am not a huge fan of these. Personally I think the callaway design a little better. I think this looks a little to small for a club that is supposed to give you the function of a hybrid.

Back