Can a regular guy play at Augusta?

But they can get on. Tigger just played there Sunday on relatively short notice. I don't know how, but he did.

Yeah but chances are he went through a member who jumped at the chance to go with Tiger

Yeah but chances are he went through a member who jumped at the chance to go with Tiger

Good call. I'd bet a bunch of famous people could get on that way. In my experience, rich people like to meet famous people. Seems odd.

How did this thread get 80 replies?

I have a friend who used to work in one of the Augusta tv stations. I think he's played it more than once via the media day. I've also ridden past it a couple of times when I was calling raido games with an arena football team that played against the Augusta Stallions. It was the week before the Masters and we actually stayed at the same hotel some of the players were (at least their caddies were...I saw some of them with clubs). And the area around it does kinda suck. If you didn't know where you were, you would have no idea Agusta National was there.
That's the closest I've ever been. Oh, and Tiger on X-BOX...even playing that for the first time kinda feels like holy ground.

Sam, find that card and frame the living crap out of it!

Tap tap taparoo

Sam, find that card and frame the living crap out of it!

Tap tap taparoo

LOL again - I just went thru my nightstand drawers again thoroughly, because I was so sure it was there. Now those two drawers are organized, and the junk in them is in the trash can, but the location of the card is still a mystery.

In 1983 I was at my wife's office Christmas party. Her boss came up to me and asked me what was I doing next Feb. 27. I said it was wide open as far as I knew. He said the magic words - "Keep it open - that's the day you are going to play the Augusta National!"

Turns out he had spoken at the Augusta Rotary Club at the request of one of the National's local members, and the member told him to bring a couple of guests to play. So, Feb. 27, 1984 is the day I played the National. I've been to easily 50 practice and tournament rounds there, but playing it gives one a totally new concept of what the course actually is.

I now personally know 5 people who have played Augusta National. That is about as closed as I will ever get. Of course I have probably been to 25 practice & tournament rounds myself, so that will have to satisfy me. I hope you find the scorecard buddy, I would love to see it when you post it.

Easiest way to do it: become a famous professional golfer. Then you can play there pretty much whenever you want.

The pros you hear who are playing it have already qualified for this years Masters, and there is a mechanism for them and a guest to come play practice rounds prior to the Masters. I believe they are still accompanied my a member, but I'm not sure how exactly they set that up.

Pros who are not qualified for the Masters do not have the same access.

But how many Augusta members have ever been invited to play the Morgan Cup? Take that, you stuffed shirts.

Good call. I'd bet a bunch of famous people could get on that way. In my experience, rich people like to meet famous people. Seems odd.

Haha shine you're on the range "umm sir you're going to have a guest with you today and he'll meet you at the first tee, hope this won't be a problem" most people will complain and then they walk to the first tee and see tiger. Talk about surprised haha

But how many Augusta members have ever been invited to play the Morgan Cup? Take that, you stuffed shirts.

Truth - none! Although I would not mind seeing their videos submitted after being filmed at Augusta. :D

Personally, I would be giddy just to go to the Master's, let alone PLAY the course. Even just a practice round! :(

Not completely true, even Masters champions cannot call the club and book a tee time.

Only two that can are Jack and Arnold since they're now legit members.

The pros you hear who are playing it have already qualified for this years Masters, and there is a mechanism for them and a guest to come play practice rounds prior to the Masters. I believe they are still accompanied my a member, but I'm not sure how exactly they set that up.

Pros who are not qualified for the Masters do not have the same access.

I think those who are invited can go whenever a month or so prior. Usually if a champion wants to play, they probably have to call the pro shop and see if they can have a member host them for the day within X time frame. I'm pretty sure there's little/no problem with that to be honest. Nick Faldo wants to play here? Sigh.. I guess I'll take him around for 18.

How did this thread get 80 replies?

You didn't get to 15,000+ posts without replying to threads did you? Haha! Just picking!
Heck, you could just post a thread with nothing but the words Augusta National, and being this close to the Masters, 50 or more replies would come as no surprise.

The masters is coming. So I'm thinking can a regular guy like me play at Augusta course? If yes, what will be the green fee? Do they have white tees like regular courses?

Augusta is ranked second after Pebble beach in "the dream course I want to play before I die".

I'm pretty sure I saw a discount rate on GroupGolfer for Augusta National a little while ago. I just couldn't make any of the 3000 available tee times they had listed... ;-)

Just realized that someone from my company is on that list... looks like some expensive bottles of champagne are on the horizon.

He will likely store it in the cellar with the other 24,367 bottles he's been 'gifted' :banghead:

He will likely store it in the cellar with the other 24,367 bottles he's been 'gifted' :banghead:

[bubble bursting]. Thanks, Sam. At least let me have the dream, man.... the dream!

Plus... the intent is not to gift, the intent is to get him so drunk that he makes the offer out of alcohol induced pride.

I gotcha! :drinks:

Back