paid for online lesson-

Status
Not open for further replies.

putterSRT11

Reaction score
Handicap
So I paid someone for an online lesson, 45 via paypal and was told after I sent my swing he would send me the analysis within 2 hours tops. I was pretty happy that it was going to be that fast. Anyway, I never received anything that night or the next morning so I sent him an email asking if maybe there was a problem with sending it and that I was just letting him know that I havent received it. He sent me an email back pretty fast saying "Might be in outbox, will check". This was at 11 am, didnt hear anything from him the rest of the day, so I sent him another email at about 8pm that night asking if he checked his outbox, havent heard anything since.

I know it has only been since thursday evening when I sent my swing to him but the fact he told me 2 hours tops and hasnt communicated anything really since besides "might be in outbox, will check" kind of has me wondering whats going on. I don't want to say who it is but most of you guys would probably know him.

Kiss your 45 goodbye. We have a free service here and although sometimes you wait, you eventually get the help you need.

So I paid someone for an online lesson, 45 via paypal and was told after I sent my swing he would send me the analysis within 2 hours tops. I was pretty happy that it was going to be that fast. Anyway, I never received anything that night or the next morning so I sent him an email asking if maybe there was a problem with sending it and that I was just letting him know that I havent received it. He sent me an email back pretty fast saying "Might be in outbox, will check". This was at 11 am, didnt hear anything from him the rest of the day, so I sent him another email at about 8pm that night asking if he checked his outbox, havent heard anything since.

I know it has only been since thursday evening when I sent my swing to him but the fact he told me 2 hours tops and hasnt communicated anything really since besides "might be in outbox, will check" kind of has me wondering whats going on. I don't want to say who it is but most of you guys would probably know him.

If it is someone from this board, especially someone in good standing on this board, I'd tread a little lightly before going public with a name.

Kiss your 45 goodbye. We have a free service here and although sometimes you wait, you eventually get the help you need.

its paypal, I can file a claim. Im not sure if he is on this board but hes pretty widely known, not hugely though.

If it is someone from this board, especially someone in good standing on this board, I'd tread a little lightly before going public with a name.

I know that, I don't think hes on this board but Im not going public with the name until I have to file a claim. I just wanted some opinions.

Definitely file the paypal claim

Sounds like a scam were did you find this person/ lesson???

If he told you two hours and now it's been two days with no communication. File and claim and let everyone know who it is.

If he has a website, check for a phone number or something. Probably would email him and say if you don't hear anything by Monday then you will file the claim.

If he has a website, check for a phone number or something. Probably would email him and say if you don't hear anything by Monday then you will file the claim.

yea I don't want to throw any threats out there yet to him, after all he is suppose to be doing an analysis for me, lol, but I will file on monday evening if I havent received anything.

If he said 2 hours and that was Thursday, and its Saturday and now he isn't responding..then I would file the claim now and let us know who it is so it doesnt happen to someone else.

If he said 2 hours and that was Thursday, and its Saturday and now he isn't responding..then I would file the claim now and let us know who it is so it doesnt happen to someone else.
I got one response "might be in outbox, will check" yesterday at about 1

I think you should file the claim now and let the guy regret that he didn't answer you.

Yeah man when it comes to
Money, don't hesitate, $45 is quite a bit and a lot of proffesional instructors charge the same or around that price and you don't want to Lose that money.
If someone advertises 2 hours, then they have to keep that claim, plus its been a few days so file that dispute, you can do it any day with pay pal I believe.

Also the ask the pro section is the same, but for free. Sure you have to wait sometimes and people posting in your thread will make the wait longer- but you get real analysis from real golftec pros and that's the best way to do an analysis ( besides the Freddie he's way better!)

'Wingin' it with Tapatalk

i sent him another email this afternoon and he got back with me a few hours later saying "Yes figured it out. It's in my outbox. Once I get wifi aftetwork ill resend".

Putter
Can you tell me what you were supposed to get for your $45. It seems very steep just to give you an analysis of your swing. Not wishing to criticize the pros on this site but I'm sure they would all agree that no amount of online advice would replace a lesson in person where the you can get instant feedback and physical hands on adjustment for your posture etc. The pros on here do a great job and they are free but I am interested in knowing what you get for your cash and is this type of thing popular in the states. Here in the UK you could get 2 half hour lessons from a pga professional for that amount of cash.
I hope I'm not sounding over critical. I'm just interested.

Putter
Can you tell me what you were supposed to get for your $45. It seems very steep just to give you an analysis of your swing. Not wishing to criticize the pros on this site but I'm sure they would all agree that no amount of online advice would replace a lesson in person where the you can get instant feedback and physical hands on adjustment for your posture etc. The pros on here do a great job and they are free but I am interested in knowing what you get for your cash and is this type of thing popular in the states. Here in the UK you could get 2 half hour lessons from a pga professional for that amount of cash.
I hope I'm not sounding over critical. I'm just interested.

its basically where you send in your video from Face on and Down the line, they take a look and give an analysis of stuff to work on. Its their voice played over a video of your swing with lines etc showing you what you need to correct and how to correct it. Most places charge about 30-35 for this, like swingfix.com.
I like it and I like in person instruction, the only problem with in person instruction is there is no note taking and it can be hard to retain everything they are telling you at the moment, if you videotape the lesson that helps that way you can watch it again and go over it, just like a recorded analysis.

Most places do charge for that, but THP does not. Hence the reason we have partnered with GolfTEC and someone can post that here and get basic analysis completely free. Im a little confused by the thread. If you found this guy on another forum, why not report him to that forum since he is actively using their space to conduct business. To me that is no different than SPAM really.

Most places do charge for that, but THP does not. Hence the reason we have partnered with GolfTEC and someone can post that here and get basic analysis completely free. Im a little confused by the thread. If you found this guy on another forum, why not report him to that forum since he is actively using their space to conduct business. To me that is no different than SPAM really.

Exactly, known on all forums? Not known here... And for good reason!!

He doesnt use any forum to conduct business. He is on some forums and discusses swings with other members every once in awhile. Just thought I was bring it up here for general opinions of the situation. If he did rip me off I would let it be known on any golf forum I know of.

Exactly, known on all forums? Not known here... And for good reason!!

How would you know, you don't even know who Im talking about? I guarantee people would know who Im talking about on here

Maybe he will come through. $45 is quite a bit man, heck my in-person instructor only charges $20 a lesson.

Wish I could find one of those....the one I just found is $50 for 45 minutes

Well I have an idea who it is but it would plainly be a guess. If it is who I am thinking, the dude is swamped and usually takes a long time to get back to someone. Not an excuse I know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back