Size difference in shoes

Gezer

junior golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
I normally game footjoy sports in size 8 UK (I think its 9 USA)
But I saw some adidas ATV going cheap and they were size 9 UK (10 USA)
Would they fit ? (I hear that adidas are small in size )

Just tappin away

Just tappin away

I'd say that Adidas is slightly smaller, but the issue for me is that their standard shoes are quite narrow. I think you can get them wider also, but haven't seen them in stores.

Quite a narrow foot myself, the footjoys are only snug when the laces are pulled as tightly as possible

Just tappin away

I'm a 10US in Adidas and a 9.5US in the FJ Sport. It would be a close fit. Maybe see if there's a return policy?

I wear a 14m, 14m in Addias ATV is a 14m.

The FootJoy's are wide on my foot also.. those laces are going to break if I keep pulling on them!

I've heard that and experienced that too, I normally wear an 11-10.5 depending on what brands I wear, but with adidas, I wear 11.5

Just tappin away

Decided to get them should be here soon :)

Decided to get them should be here soon :)

Let us know how they work out. I am an 8 in everything, but 8.5 in adidas and I have my eye on a pair on ebay that are 8.5s.

My experience with Adidas is that they run small. I always go up at least a half size

My experience with Adidas is that they run small. I always go up at least a half size

Agreed. I normally wear a 13, but the Adidas 360s were killing my feet and I had to go to 14

So I got some 9 uk (think its 9.5 USA)
Well they fit just right
And now I need a blue Adidas shirt and a blue cap (I like blue by the way)

I believe Footjoys are made for "Fat Feet". I have a friend that can't pull the laces any tighter and they still look loose.

Not all Footjoys are made for fat feet. I can barely squeeze my foot into the FJ Sports. The Contours in a wide are about the only shoes that I've had that actually fit and I really need longer laces as I can barely get them tied. The funny thing is, my feet measure to right on the bordline of medium/wide with.

As for the Adidas running small and narrow, I usually wear a 10.5 or 11 in most shoe brands, but a size 12 Wide in the ATV 360 is too narrow and only a slight bit too long.

So I got some 9 uk (think its 9.5 USA)
Well they fit just right
And now I need a blue Adidas shirt and a blue cap (I like blue by the way)

Pretty sure its a full size up, so a 9 UK is a 10 US.

Nope, I just had a look in my Adidas 360
9 UK = 9.5 USA :)

Nope, I just had a look in my Adidas 360
9 UK = 9.5 USA :)

For some reason Adidas does this with their golf shoes, but not others.

Back