Wilson Staff FG Tour TC Wedges Review

I have the 56 and 50 degree as well and after a well struck shot you can look at the face of your club and see white from the ball where you make contact. These clubs grip and spin the ball plain and simple

Had my 50* out on the course for the second time today - now that I feel like I have the distance dialed in this thing is pure money. On one shot today from 100 out I could tell from the trajectory that I hit it slightly thin, but it still felt good in the hands and it didn't have more than a few feet of rollout after the initial hop (and that was with a surlyn cover "distance" ball). Had another shot from about 60 out - easy 2/3 swing and it stuck for a great birdie opportunity. The look of the face at address, the finish, the spin you get without sacrificing the cover of the ball...this club just works for me. I imagine I'll eventually replace my X Hot SW with another TC, maybe a 56* tour grind.

I'm very intrigued by the tour grind but the blue ones are so hot

I'm very intrigued by the tour grind but the blue ones are so hot
I liked the blue wedges, but the wear of the blue seems to be a little quicker than what I've experienced with the black wedges.

I liked the blue wedges, but the wear of the blue seems to be a little quicker than what I've experienced with the black wedges.
I have noticed this as well. I think the wedge started to wear after the first time I used it.

Only wear is on the face and sole and I think it wears similar to the rtx 2.0. Don't have any issues with the back of the club.

i am loving my 52 and 56. They feel great on full and partial shots. The spin on these is very good. Hit shot from 101 to 4" and it spun and stopped a few inches to the right

Found a great deal and pulled the trigger on the 56* tour grind. Really excited to have it in hand and on the course.

Continue to absolutely love this wedge. I need another one badly.

These wedges might be what I am most excited for. I'm so eager to put them to work and see what they can do!

Continue to absolutely love this wedge. I need another one badly.

after yesterday day I have decided the rtx2.0 48* needs to go for one of these. I am impressed with how good these wedges are and I have been a CG homer on wedges for awhile.

I've read that, but I read that the back of the club stays fine, obvi the sole and face of any black/blue wedge will wear

I've read that, but I read that the back of the club stays fine, obvi the sole and face of any black/blue wedge will wear

That is what I have experienced so far. The blue will wear out on the toe if shots are hit there. The wear on the face and sole is as expected for me

For me personally I'm out a huge fan of the color wear, and fading. I went with Satin for that reason. And I will admit it also has to do with the color configuration of head, shaft and grip that I'll be gaming during the Legacy. However none of this has anything to do with the quality of the wedge itself. Just personal preferences really.

For me personally I'm out a huge fan of the color wear, and fading. I went with Satin for that reason. And I will admit it also has to do with the color configuration of head, shaft and grip that I'll be gaming during the Legacy. However none of this has anything to do with the quality of the wedge itself. Just personal preferences really.
Same here bud. I went with satin because of the color combo and because I don't want them to wear funny.

I do see wear on the side you don't see with the blue one. When I get my next one it will be the black or satin. Blue is cool but I do not want three of them.

I went with black. I have never gamed black wedges, but I am hoping they are less prone to glare.

I finally got out to the range and got in 18 over the weekend so I was able to take some swings with the 50*. I went with a C-taper shaft as I am wanting to be able to flight down the ball flight as much as possible. I am really trying to get away from swinging 100% with my wedges, dial it back to get more control over the distance. I was able to do it quite easily with the 50* and had some fun on the range messing around with different swings. I only ended up using the 50* one time during my round on Saturday, but I was able to put it to about 10 feet from the pin from about 130 out and made the birdie putt, which was the start of a nice string of holes on the back 9. As others have noted, I could see the white from the ball on the clubface. It's nice to see where you are hitting and it cleaned off pretty easily so no worries there for me. I don't know if it is the swing weight difference or something else, but I am not "feeling" the head as much as my J40s during my swing. It may just be an adjustment period for me, but I really like what I see so far.

Grabbed a couple pics of the wear I am seeing on the Blue 56

908f31ca83a1741303e0fd3bf5717772.jpg

bc0c9a012d17de8725f7b43c83b24da6.jpg

869be8b9cf55fc71bbdee03cd7d3c836.jpg

Only complaint is the wear, performance is awesome and was shocked that it kicked my Vokey out of the bag.

Just got an email from RBG saying they're out of the chrome 56* tour grind so they're sending black instead. Well, no harm, no foul, I suppose... :D

Grabbed a couple pics of the wear I am seeing on the Blue 56

908f31ca83a1741303e0fd3bf5717772.jpg

bc0c9a012d17de8725f7b43c83b24da6.jpg

869be8b9cf55fc71bbdee03cd7d3c836.jpg

Only complaint is the wear, performance is awesome and was shocked that it kicked my Vokey out of the bag.

I have very similar wear on my blue 56 as well. And oddly enough I have that same toe scratch too lol

I have very similar wear on my blue 56 as well. And oddly enough I have that same toe scratch too lol
Haha yeah not my best attempt at a wedge shot... What can ya do

I love the look of a warn wedge. It makes it look like I'm able to get out on the course more than I'm able to. Of course the look could backfire. A really good golfer shouldn't be using the wedge all that often. Of course everyone here on THP always hits the green on our approach shot.

Back