Regripping-How Often?

Hmm good call. I will have to look into that it would be a cool thing to know how to do. Perfect for the winter when we cant play as much.

Deal for you. If you are coming to the THP Invitational in Myrtle Beach, take all of your grips off before you arrive. I will install a new set for you in 10 minutes.

I know you aren't asking me, but I throw in my thoughts on the Lamkins.

I haven't had the R.E.L.'s on anything long enough to gauge durability. However, I've had the Performance Plus on my wedges for 9 months now and they are still very grippy. They are white and getting a little dingy, but they clean up well and the grip comes back to life very easily.
So they hold up fairly well?

Yes from what I've seen they do.

Posted via tapatalk.

I use an air gun on an air compressor, but if you don't have that you really just need solvent and some grip tape. A vise makes things a lot easier.

Vice makes it very easy. Air gun makes it even easier. Even by doing it with the solvent and tape it's not hard to do, just makes more of a mess.

Which Lamkins?

The oversized greens. Crossline I believe. I'm having trouble finding anyone who carries them anymore though and have taken to getting the medium double wrapped.

Maybe oversized grips just last longer?

Hmm good call. I will have to look into that it would be a cool thing to know how to do. Perfect for the winter when we cant play as much.

X2 ... Interesting idea

Deal for you. If you are coming to the THP Invitational in Myrtle Beach, take all of your grips off before you arrive. I will install a new set for you in 10 minutes.

Oh man that is an extremely generous of you but not sure I am going to be able to make it down there for this event. I am getting married this year and still have so much to do but as soon as possible I will be at a THP event.

Anybody got an opinion on the New Decades after a year of play?

You will most likely need to regrip the shorter irons and wedges before then. They start to get slick after a few months if you play/practice a lot.

John Deere Tap'n

Yes, I wrote earlier in this thread that I maybe should regrip after my 100 rounds...the reason I said maybe, is the fact that I have the new decades. I think they are in a really good shape, and they have not got hard, torn or even lost their colors (white/blue on the irons). So, if you want to have durable grips, I'd say the ND's are a good choice, but they are quite harsh on the hands & gloves. I'm trying the Lamkin 3GEN performance on my other irons for the next season, but I'll keep the ND's on my mizzies.

You will most likely need to regrip the shorter irons and wedges before then. They start to get slick after a few months if you play/practice a lot.

A good rinse has been enough for me now.

Yes, I wrote earlier in this thread that I maybe should regrip after my 100 rounds...the reason I said maybe, is the fact that I have the new decades. I think they are in a really good shape, and they have not got hard, torn or even lost their colors (white/blue on the irons). So, if you want to have durable grips, I'd say the ND's are a good choice, but they are quite harsh on the hands & gloves. I'm trying the Lamkin 3GEN performance on my other irons for the next season, but I'll keep the ND's on my mizzies.

A good rinse has been enough for me now.

I missed that you had the New Decades on. I am really looking at them or a full cord. It gets hot and humid here in Alabama in about late July / early August.

I had the NDMC white/Black on my driver for a little over a year. The white part got a bit dingy and slick so I just replaced it with a newer one. I got new irons this year, so I'm using the stock grip for now, but will be switching to the ND Patriot once they wear down a bit next year.

About every other year.
I keep them clean and use sandpaper on them to rough up my GPND's.

I have the VDR's too and noticing the same thing. I've had em on for about 10 months now. So I'll be changing them soon.

I sure liked those VDR's when I first got them. Bummer that they lost their luster so fast.

I sure liked those VDR's when I first got them. Bummer that they lost their luster so fast.

maybe the wear is normal. There were weeks that I used them 5-6 a week. 100-200 swings per day.

I played a lot of golf too. Tough to say I guess.

I missed that you had the New Decades on. I am really looking at them or a full cord. It gets hot and humid here in Alabama in about late July / early August.

My bad :) Didn't say it :D

I usually get about 1 1/2 years out of a set of grips. But, sometimes I need to change them more often.

I regrip every year, needed or not. I'm also pretty religious about cleaning clubs and grips after each round.

Hit a Razr Fit with a New Decade grip on it tonight. Liked the grip and the club. Will probably go New Decade on the clubs.

I've got matching NDMC's from my driver to my gap wedge and when the stock tour velvet's on my Vokey's wear out (just switched from Cleveland) and I've been wearing them out most of this year. Still very tacky, no need to regrip yet. Maybe next summer but I'll be replacing with the same thing, maybe just in whiteout this time instead of red/black.

Before I started using Iomic: twice per season. After Iomic: once, and that is because wear & tear, not because they've gone dry.

Ok favorite grip then cause I am thinking of going back to the Tour Velvet
This may have been mentioned but the THP Pure Grips have lasted me a year with some pretty good use. Still tacky and firm as the day I bought them.

Back