Cheers from a Coquitlam, BC golf addict

Seamus MacDuff

Chipper
Reaction score
Handicap
I'be been reading this forum for a while but for some reason never took the time to join. I suppose that was because often I'd get here when searching for a specific equipment review or strategy question (pin in or out!?), then see 200 pages on the topic (RBZ irons anyone) and feel like I'd never get caught up enough to make a contribution that wasn't repetitive. That said ... when it comes to golf I have a huge appetite for reading, talking, reviewing ... as long as none of that distracts me from my true interest: playing golf.

In fact, my biggest impediment to improving my game is not practicing enough. I'll get to the range at my club with a plan to work on something and if anyone wants a game, I'm on the tee in a heartbeat.

I play out of Pitt Meadows Golf Club, a casual private club in the suburbs of Vancouver. If anyone on here is a member there, let me know. Or, if anyone is in the Vancouver area and wants to play there, let's get a game going.

Yesterday I broke 80 for the first time, shooting a 36-40 in some seriously wet conditions. I did it using some old no name irons lurking in my garage while I waited for my Burner 09s to come back from TaylorMade after having four of them snap the heads off at the hosel.

Today, I got the news that TaylorMade had decided to send me a brand new set of RBZ irons with True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 shafts. So, I went down to golftown and picked them up. I was like a kid in a candy store and can't wait to bring them onto the course tomorrow. I have a rbz 5iron from the promo contest, so I know I hit them well enough. That said, looking down on them the face looks huge and I think I'd prefer something thinner ... not quite a blade ... but, can I really complain with a brand new set of irons? TaylorMade has some of the best customer service around.

Anyway, I play an R11 driver and 3 Wood, some relatively unheard of (but seriously awesome) hybrids called Kasco K2K, and Cleveland wedges. Though I also carry a 64 deg vokey and it's one of my favorite clubs.

Although I have decent distance, there are plenty of longer hitters than me ... where I really shine is chipping. Some days I feel like I can stick it tight from anywhere. Twice this year I chipped in three times in one round (once was in a scramble and they were all 20yd chips for eagle).

I love playing new courses and traveling along the west coast camping and playing golf. I've real all Feinsteins books, and an plowing through a book called Unplayable at the moment. As far as golf books go, nothing is better than The Greatest Game Ever Played. Even if you've seen the movie ... Grab this book.

My index now is the lowest it's ever been. Last year it was about a 16 and the year before a 26. So, I'm improving and hopefully this isn't the end of it.

I think my wife and friends are tired of a hacker like me going on and on and on about golf, so hopefully this will be a good outlet for me. I also tweet on BC golf at SeamusMacDuff

Welcome! Glad you decided to join, and you'll have plenty of folks to go on and on about golf with.

Welcome to THP

Welcome!!

Oh hell, before y'all get too friendly, I forgot to warn you ... I golf lefty!

Welcome to THP

Welcome and glad you joined.

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to THP. I'm another golf addict like you. LOVE playing golf more than anything else I could do.

:welcome: great intro Seamus MacDuff, glad you decided to join in.

Welcome to :thp: Lefty , we are glad to have ya' !

Welcome to THP fellow lefty!

welcome to THP!

Welcome, glad to have ya.

Welcome to THP!

Hey! Welcome to THP! I am just over the Port Mann parking lot in Langley, usually play at Fort Langley, Belmont, or Northview.

Welcome to a fellow lefty!!

TapaTalk from the iPhone

Welcome to THP.

Nice to meet you!!

Welcome to THP! And congrats on the new sticks from TM!!!! Excellent customer service!

Welcome to THP!

Congrats on the new low round !

Welcome to THP!

Welcome!

Back