Callaway Pre-Owned New Site - Looking for Feedback

I think the site looks great and I have always had great service from Callaway pre-owned! The clubs in good condition look as good as new.

Last edited:
I think the site changes improve on what I thought was already a very user-friendly format.

The old site had a Left Hand link where you could see all club offerings for lefties. The new site seems to want you to click on a club-type first, then you can select to see left hand inventory. So the method in the old site was a bit more friendly to us lefties, but the new method isn't bad, just less good.

I'm anxiously awaiting delivery (tomorrow) of the LH Backstryke 2-ball putter I ordered from your site last week. Great customer service as always.

New site looks good, much more modern looking.

Tequila - thank you very much for the feedback. I am not see the dropdown issue that you are speaking of but it might be a browser issue. Do you by chance know what browser and version you are using?

IE 7.

My steps were as follows: Golf Clubs > Select Clubs > Hybrids/Razr X > View Inventory > Filter By Club. At this point I can only see about the top half of the line for the 3 hybrid.

I'll try again from home tonight on IE (might be different version) and on Firefox.

This site is an improvement. Would it be possible to 'freeze' the column headers at the top (shaft, condition, etc) as I kept having to scroll back up to the top to see the headers.

Nate and RadRob (and others lefties out there) thanks for the feedback. We have a very large left handed selection so we certainly want to cater to you guys.

One thing that we have incorporated is that the gender/hand filter is now persistent. On the product and category pages you will see that the site initially defaults to search for 'mens/right' but once you choose 'mens/left' the site should start defaulting to 'mens/left' for you. Does this solve not having a link in the top header?

Nate and RadRob (and others lefties out there) thanks for the feedback. We have a very large left handed selection so we certainly want to cater to you guys.

One thing that we have incorporated is that the gender/hand filter is now persistent. On the product and category pages you will see that the site initially defaults to search for 'mens/right' but once you choose 'mens/left' the site should start defaulting to 'mens/left' for you. Does this solve not having a link in the top header?

I do realize that it is easy to select mens/left rather than right....I guess I just miss that link because it made it SO easy to default to your lefty stock. However, if the website automatically defaults to it once it is selected, then there really isn't a big issue at all.

This site is an improvement. Would it be possible to 'freeze' the column headers at the top (shaft, condition, etc) as I kept having to scroll back up to the top to see the headers.

Thanks Perkins. Docking the headers has been talked about and will be a coming soon feature most likely.

Thanks Tequila. Knowing the browser is a big help to fixing this. Although even then sometimes it is hard to figure out as it might be a combination of browser, operating system, java version... But your help is greatly appreciated.

Yes, this solves not having the direct Lefty link. I also noticed that the site saved my preference for "Men's Left", so the second time I went in, that was the default. NICE!
Thanks for being here on THP and asking us for our input.

Yes, this solves not having the direct Lefty link. I also noticed that the site saved my preference for "Men's Left", so the second time I went in, that was the default. NICE!
Thanks for being here on THP and asking us for our input.

Sure Rob, we are definitely a company that listens to feedback.

Pretty golden you had there. Ours passed away 4 years ago. We have a little 12 pound mutt now. A lot easier in several ways having a little dog but not quite the same as a golden.

Pretty golden you had there. Ours passed away 4 years ago. We have a little 12 pound mutt now. A lot easier in several ways having a little dog but not quite the same as a golden.

Thanks, Tawny was a sweetheart, and I miss her daily. We're also down with the "carry dogs". Two Cavalier King Charles Spaniels that weigh about 18 pounds each.

Great website enhancements and I already am a repeat customer, and will check in regularly. Best of success!

Very nice layout. I'm the type of person that gets fed up pretty quickly if I have to use the back button all the time when shopping. I especially like how the product description and reviews are all there on the same page so I can get all the info in one stop.

Oh, OK, I'll give it a couple of days and try again. The folks I have dealt with there at Callaway pre-owned have always been super nice and helpful.
This site hasn't really been launched yet. It's in a beta stage, so the final checkout/password stuff isn't working at the moment.

Ive spent a lot of time and money on the CGPO site. I always felt that the Old site was easy to use but I like the "feel" of the new one more. Oh, and the fact that I no longer have to keep clicking "lefty" every time I log in is great.

Thanks Tequila. Knowing the browser is a big help to fixing this. Although even then sometimes it is hard to figure out as it might be a combination of browser, operating system, java version... But your help is greatly appreciated.
At home with IE9 and Firefox 4.0 and the problem reported earlier with IE7 is not present.

Oh, OK, I'll give it a couple of days and try again. The folks I have dealt with there at Callaway pre-owned have always been super nice and helpful.

Just so you know, it could be more than a couple of days...it seems like CGPO is taking stock in a lot of our feedback, and programming a website like this isn't done in a day, IMO. I'm so glad that they came to us for feedback so that they can please more consumers. In the meantime, I've been eyeing a couple things on the current active website...but I must wait.

I may be in the minority on this one, but I don't like that I have to click something to "view inventory", I'd love it if it was already displayed when I came to a page for a certain club. The tech specs and all of that stuff is nice, but I want to know immediately if the club that I'm looking for is available or not.

I may be in the minority on this one, but I don't like that I have to click something to "view inventory", I'd love it if it was already displayed when I came to a page for a certain club. The tech specs and all of that stuff is nice, but I want to know immediately if the club that I'm looking for is available or not.
I am with you on this one.

If there are ever any 50, 54, 58 Callaway Forged Wedges (Dark Chrome Finish) wedges, I'll be all over them.

Site update looks great imo.

I am with you on this one.

Ary and Tequila - I'm with you on this one. The first test to be run once the site is up is whether that inventory should be open off the bat.

Tequila - we were able to reproduce your issue in ie7. The programmers are looking at it.

I wonder if there would be value in adding something to show the dates that the models were in production. The reason I thought of this is that the stock descriptions from when the clubs were still being actively marketed may get to be a little dated.

First off, I must say that I have purchased from your website before and absolutely love it. In fact, the current putter in my bag was purchased from you. The only other thing I would like to see is a comment of whether or not a product has been refinished. As of the last time I checked, it read possibly refinished. Not that it is really that big of a deal, but some people might want to know if the product is truly like new, or refinished to look like new. Excellent website and thanks for listening to us!

I LOVE the new screen shots of the clubs- especially the putters at address. Excellent new addition!

Yeah looks good. It was fine before, I never had any problems.

I am though going to share my post from another thread about cgpo since now apparently somebody related to them might actually hear my words.

My first experience with them I bought an "average" condition driver. It was in terrible condition, I did not realize "average" meant beat to sh t. Dent in the side club head, paint chips, and a million scratches all over the head. Needless to say I was not happy. I wrote an email to customer service with pictures and all, and never heard back from them. Then time passed the 30day thing and then they offered to only give my 90% of what I paid and I would have to cover shipping. So I said F them and their crappy customer service.

Normally I would not buy from a company again that had such atrocious customer service but then close to 2 years later they had a really good deal on drivers and hybrids. It was too good to pass up and I reluctantly made a purchase from them. This time I rolled the dice and bought "good" condition and to my surprise all 3 clubs that I bought were in my opinion awesome condition. They were so good I do not know how other than being like new or outlet condition they could have been nicer. What have you done for me lately and they exceeded my expectations so they are back on my good side. I would still be careful of buying "average" condition though.

So there is my experience, 4 clubs, 3 were awesome and 1 was garbage.

Back