Ping Adjustable Driver?

Ping homers have taken over from Turdeliest homers as the worst ever.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping homers have taken over from Turdeliest homers as the worst ever.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to like you. Ouch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the adjustable drivers, at least the Titleist line. It's simple to use, and works well. I have 4 different shafts I change out, I adjust the loft depending on the course and I set my club face from .5 open to 1.5 open quite often depending how I'm swinging. I fight a hook and being able to open it up and still swing aggressively is awesome.

I get that what people say about not using their club as a crutch but if thats the case why not just use persimmon woods and old blades because big headed titanium drivers and cavity back irons mask some of our swing faults. I say use what's best for you, and for me, it's an adjustable driver. My D2 is the best driver I've ever played. It may be part mental but even if it is, if I think I hit it better, i swing with more confidence and do hit it better.

Ping Adjustable Driver??? Coming eventually???

Ping Adjustable Driver??? Coming eventually???

Ping Adjustable Driver???

2012-ping-anser-driver-1.jpg

Hmmmm. Ok.

Links removed. THP does not allow links to any websites that do not honor embargo dates.

There's already a thread for this

I think this is gonna be a really successful driver and will be one of the better adjustables.

There's already Anser forged irons and wedges. The only thing left to make it a full line would be the Anser metals.

I just started catching up on this thread. I personally love the idea. I have gamed 2 of the latest PING drivers for about a season each and really loved them. I now have the chance to play an adjustable driver for the Morgan Cup and I really do love playing with the settings and trying to figure out ball flights based on the settings. At least till I found the right one for me...

Interesting small print at the bottom of that picture lol.

Agreed lol.

Basically due to me being stubborn, I've always thought adjustable drivers look bulky and have too many moving parts. I like the simpleness of a regular driver. Not that it matters...I'm sure they'll offer a line of non-adjustables too, just my .02.

yeah that is pretty funny. While I think the picture might be a little off, I'm starting to think that it's similar to the real deal. I'm really looking forward to seeing if it is true or not. I believe it to be true and I think it's coming out soon. Just a hunch though, no real inside info or anything. I'm dying to find out what makes this one different from others. PING has held out for a long time, seemingly to perfect the technology. I'm hoping that is the case at least.

yeah that is pretty funny. While I think the picture might be a little off, I'm starting to think that it's similar to the real deal. I'm really looking forward to seeing if it is true or not. I believe it to be true and I think it's coming out soon. Just a hunch though, no real inside info or anything. I'm dying to find out what makes this one different from others. PING has held out for a long time, seemingly to perfect the technology. I'm hoping that is the case at least.

I think anybody that has waited or been passed in technology can say that though right? Right now it seems the only reason not to offer it, is if you are going lighter and adjustability adds weight. Otherwise, I guess the only thing one can say now is that they have been waiting to "perfect" the technology.

I often wonder when it comes to adjustability, do golfers use it the way it is designed (for fitting), do they use it at all, and/or is it just "cool". I mean its amazing to me to see people changing face angles constantly but never touch the weights in their driver (using TM as an example).

I for one have never used it. When I finally make the leap from my R5, I am going to be a lost puppy with a bunch of questions to try to gain and understanding.

All I know is I will want to open as much as possible, and probably on the lowest loft setting...but a proper fitting will tell me what is best. Past that, I doubt I will really tune it at all.

Exactly. It's not like a co. can say 'oops, we missed on that one'. well aside from Micro$oft anyway hehe

Fine print aside, I'd like to see that picture come to fruition

I think anybody that has waited or been passed in technology can say that though right? Right now it seems the only reason not to offer it, is if you are going lighter and adjustability adds weight. Otherwise, I guess the only thing one can say now is that they have been waiting to "perfect" the technology.

I guess that's the only way to spin it. Otherwise just come out and say either "we missed the boat on this" or "we didn't agree with it then, but it's what the consumers want".

Does anyone else think that the "G" series will be the one to receive the adjustable tech? It would make sense, would it?

Is Ping a little late to the party?

I personally dont care for adjustable clubs. Only thing I like is being able to swap out shafts seemlessly.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk 2

I like the idea of a G20 I can fiddle with to lower the flight. That would be a beast.

I often wonder when it comes to adjustability, do golfers use it the way it is designed (for fitting), do they use it at all, and/or is it just "cool". I mean its amazing to me to see people changing face angles constantly but never touch the weights in their driver (using TM as an example).

I agree JB, I have an R11 and the 1st thing I did was move the heavy weight to the toe to prevent the lefts.I keep the ASP plate nuetral and The loft I keep at 10.5 as I like a higher loft.

Does anyone else think that the "G" series will be the one to receive the adjustable tech? It would make sense, would it?

Not to say that you're wrong, but might I ask why?

Not sure if I should comment b/c I have never owned an adjustable driver but here are my thoughts.....I see them being more of an asset to players looking for a quick fix. With proper technique someone can learn how to alter ballflight fairly easily if you have the time to do so. With people as busy as they are and not having a whole lot of time for practice I can see how these have probably made the game more fun for a lot of people out there, but I just dont think its my cup of tea.

Back