What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to see Team Paradise putting up some low scores.

I played my first night of league golf. I was great off the tee and ok with the irons. I struggled with the really slow greens. I came out with a 43 for the first night. I should have shot worse to set my handicap high. HAHA

Gold tees, 72.2/137, rode, didn't putt well. 78 (39, 39)

Got off work early today and hit the course...hit about a half a small bucket to warm up and then right to the first tee....course was pretty empty so I was able to play 18 holes in just under 3 hours...had a pretty good day...struggled a little with the driver but was hitting everything else really well....I ended up with

5/13 Fairways
8 GIR...which is great for me
31 putts...not too bad

41/41 for 82

I was really hitting my long to mid irons well today....had a nice little 10 yard draw working on them....it felt good...normally I have been hitting 3 to 4 GIR....so to double that was huge!

Suppose to rain tomorrow afternoon so I am going to try to get a round in before the rains come.

Nice rd TBT.

Gold tees, 72.2/137, rode, didn't putt well. 78 (39, 39)

Nice scores Lefty, since I started visiting the gym my game has gone kaput, planning to get out tomorrow with a good buddy.

Today was a day of extremes. Shot 42/45 at Centura Hills, a beautiful course 45 miles from home today. Cold, rainy with lots of wind, this place was brutal. The back nine chewed me up. #1 handicap hole was 575 yards, all into the wind. I hit a big driver and two 3 woods to leave myself 80 yards short. From there I hit a pw as hard as I could to get flag high and make bogie.

Winds 20 to 35 mph, the last hole was my best chance. I hit a huge draw 280, (all wind), and 60* wedge to 8 feet. Missed the putt, but happy after the long drive.

Stupid wind anyway. Nice effort, Duey!

Smalls, I missed it, but nice job on the 84!

Played 4 holes by myself and was 2 over. Joined a group for a Thursday night scramble at the club and we could only manage -3 through 9. Not enough to get into the money. No putts made over 12 feet - pathetic.

Played 4 holes by myself and was 2 over. Joined a group for a Thursday night scramble at the club and we could only manage -3 through 9. Not enough to get into the money. No putts made over 12 feet - pathetic.

Being outside of 12 feet for birdie putts during a scramble is what's pathetic.

Being outside of 12 feet for birdie putts during a scramble is what's pathetic.

LOL - true, true. Well, I was the low capper for my group....that was problem number 1! Winning score for the 9 was -6 and that was 5 dudes all 25-30. Little age handicap with my group if you get my drift. Great people but not able to help too much.

LOL - true, true. Well, I was the low capper for my group....that was problem number 1! Winning score for the 9 was -6 and that was 5 dudes all 25-30. Little age handicap with my group if you get my drift. Great people but not able to help too much.

Young pups suck! Lol. Glad I was always old.

Shot a painful 50 for nine yesterday. Ball striking was okay, but I had 23 putts for nine holes, including my first 4-putt in I don't know how long! By far the worst putting this year for me. First time on this course and I ran straight to the tee, with no time on the practice green -- but that doesn't excuse the putting after the first few holes. I didn't put myself in good shape with approaches, always finding the farthest point on the green from the pin, but still -- 23 putts? Ouch.

Only bright spot was my new 21* VR pro hybrid was sweet! Beautiful contact every time. Oh, and I did get my first sand-save of the year, so that 23 included a 1-putt!

as i usually try to do...i went out last night for revenge on the same 9 holes that tore me up the day before.
like night and day man...
37 (+2)

Played a friendly round today on a course I have never played before. It was a tight course with a lot of side hill shots. We played 2-2-2 and 1 for birdies. The two lads I was playing with were 14 HCers. I lost to first 9 to both of them played pretty poor shot 49. Back 9 I came alive hit 2 birdies and a 44. We were playing stableford so I ended up winning on the back 9 and overall + an extra 4 for birdies. All in I took €9 off the lads which paid for my lunch :D

Nice job David! When playing in a match like that, score becomes less important and winning is everything. Nothing better for MC prep than matches like this!

nice work Kelly, I don't care if its .50 or $50 I just want to have them hand over some cash.

nice work Kelly, I don't care if its .50 or $50 I just want to have them hand over some cash.

Exactly!! The last 2 weekends I think I have won $2 one weekend game and $3 in the other...but the point is I got their money and they didn't get any of mine....we don't play for big money anyways...its not the amount it's the what it represents

Exactly!! The last 2 weekends I think I have won $2 one weekend game and $3 in the other...but the point is I got their money and they didn't get any of mine....we don't play for big money anyways...its not the amount it's the what it represents

Nice Tim you can't beat a good cash beat down

Played 4 holes before it got too cold. Birdie, birdie, bogey, birdie. Putting really well. Even the putt for par that I missed (12 feet, downhill) was purely struck and on the right line.

Had my first golf league match of the season yesterday. I drove the ball great - 100% of fairways, don't think I've ever done that before (1 of them was a drop kick for only about 170 yards but the rest were legit). Could not capitalize with the good position though as my approach shots were not good. Only hit 28% of GIR. Shortgame was bad also. Still managed to hang in the match and went into the 18th hole tied, but lost due to a poor play from just off the green. Shot an 89.

I shot a best ever 75 today beating my previous best by 5 shots! 38 front 37 back! I don't know what to say this is the first time I have been in the 70s! I have been threatening for a while but blew it in a hole!! Today everything worked together! I'm abit unhappy that I missed a 2 footer for par on the 16th aswell! So happy I just had to tell you all!

I shot a best ever 75 today beating my previous best by 5 shots! 38 front 37 back! I don't know what to say this is the first time I have been in the 70s! I have been threatening for a while but blew it in a hole!! Today everything worked together! I'm abit unhappy that I missed a 2 footer for par on the 16th aswell! So happy I just had to tell you all!

congrats!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back