Create Your Own Project X Shaft - #TheHandCraftedExperience THP Event

I'm looking forward to getting the custom shaft with a callaway tip. I've kept coming back to callaway woods over the past few years. I should be able to game the custom shaft for a long time and just keep updating the head.

Agreed guys, I can't get this thing out of my head!

It's very unlikely that I'll change prior to the event, but if I do it will likely be either upgrading to 915D2 or switching it up and going Vapor Pro. Outside chance of XR too, if I happened to get great fitting results or something.

For anyone who saw Project X's Instagram post today.....be excited!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Just saw it. Pretty cool. My head is full of ideas.

For anyone who saw Project X's Instagram post today.....be excited!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Interesting and very cool. I have two ideas for what I want to do. I'm going to keep them under the hat until time gets closer :)

Do share?? I don't go on Instagram haha

yes please post for the instagram impaired haha

Do share?? I don't go on Instagram haha

Project%20X%20instagram%20_zpskqttppib.jpg

Pretty cool!
I did get the FlyZ, with wrench. This is my new driver head for the Project X event - and I cannot wait!
I want to take it to the range, but I gotta get a different shaft first. I think I will use my BioCell shaft (same wrench) for the time being.

That is very cool! I've got some ideas brewing for my design...need to refine them though! I really like the clean look of a white, matte finish, so I plan on applying whatever I decide on over a white base, or maybe a white with a gradient to another color.

And congrats on the Fly-Z, Spivey! I still haven't hit that head, but heard good things.

I am thinking of maybe some kind of candy cane design with two colors.

I am thinking of maybe some kind of candy cane design with two colors.

That would be sweet!

My thoughts right now are some sort of Virginia Tech theme (my alma mater), but the primary color will be white and the maroon and orange will be details on top of the white.

That would be sweet!

My thoughts right now are some sort of Virginia Tech theme (my alma mater), but the primary color will be white and the maroon and orange will be details on top of the white.

I was thinking GReen and Gold for my alma mater also haha

Now you have me thinking.....
Tulane U colors would be ugly, but I might do it anyway.

So many options I dont think I will truly know what I am gonna do until I arrive but have it down to a few options.

Well, my attempt to keep my thoughts in the bag lasted only a few hours. I have a few idea. Hoping a few people will vote on what they like best.

Thought 1: Ole Miss Landshark Theme
Disregarding the fact that some people might not like Ole Miss, our school has sort of adopted this unofficial mascot/personal called the Land Shark. It stems from our defensive players throwing up a shark fin after a big tackle:
Landshark-650x342.jpg

So, I'm thinking of doing a navy shaft with some kind of gray shark fin motif:
e7abfa93a28734463823ae7eb76d8f69.jpg

My second thought is something computer code based. I'm finishing my PhD in computer science so I think something nerdy would be cool. I'm still thinking a dark navy shaft, but this with my alma mater in dark gray text with "Dr. Humphries" as the focal text. Something similar to the Fujikura Blur theme but with the colors inverted:
81El-ks%2BUbL._SX425_.jpg

Both are really cool ideas, Courtney. The Ole Miss one will definitely be louder, where the computer code idea will be more understated. I'd start with that decision point.

I'm guessing we can't use a copyrighted image? Or does it not matter since it's a one off for personal use only?

Both are really cool ideas, Courtney. The Ole Miss one will definitely be louder, where the computer code idea will be more understated. I'd start with that decision point.

I'm guessing we can't use a copyrighted image? Or does it not matter since it's a one off for personal use only?

I'd use a neutral shark fin with "Fins Up" as the focal text I think. I was thinking a dark navy shaft with very small shark fins in almost a herringbone pattern with the Fins Up in a brighter red.

Wow this seems like an awesome event

I'd use a neutral shark fin with "Fins Up" as the focal text I think. I was thinking a dark navy shaft with very small shark fins in almost a herringbone pattern with the Fins Up in a brighter red.

Nice. I was just thinking that it'd be really tough for me to make a design that didn't have a "VT" logo in it. But I could manage.

I was thinking the same thing about a copy righted image. But we arent buying the shaft? Not for re-sale loop hole maybe. But I am guessing it will be a no on using anything copyrighted but I am sure JB will elt us know soon enough.

Nice. I was just thinking that it'd be really tough for me to make a design that didn't have a "VT" logo in it. But I could manage.

If you do go VT, how about a dark maroon shaft with small muted VT logos (or hokie birds or an outline of the state of virgina) with "Hokies" as the focal text.
3869574036_9489750ebf.jpg

Collegiate shafts are out there so that's kind of why I was doing my best to think a little outside the traditional college shaft. Something unique to me like my 2nd thought.

Definitely cannot use copyrighted images.

If you do go VT, how about a dark maroon shaft with small muted VT logos (or hokie birds or an outline of the state of virgina) with "Hokies" as the focal text.
3869574036_9489750ebf.jpg

Collegiate shafts are out there so that's kind of why I was doing my best to think a little outside the traditional college shaft. Something unique to me like my 2nd thought.

Answers that.

No worries, I'll figure out something else. May just theme it VT by using the colors, but go in a different direction. Forces me to be more creative :D

I was already leaning towards my second option which pays homage to my alma mater, but has nothing on the shaft that would invoke any copyright infringement so that's a win/win for me :)

Back