Davis Love III Named 2016 US Open Ryder Cup Captain

coers

@andrewcoers
Reaction score
Groveland,IL Central Illinois/Just south of Peoria
Handicap
This sounds even worse, offically.

I'm just hoping he can put a team together and get the USA to win again. Currently live on GC asking him questions.

i wasn't a fan when i first heard it, but having Phil & Rickie sitting there supporting him & them saying this is what THEY wanted, I changed my mind

maybe he can avoid a melt down this time

i wasn't a fan when i first heard it, but having Phil & Rickie sitting there supporting him & them saying this is what THEY wanted, I changed my mind
It sounds like the team will be behind him.

Change in way the team is picked:

I think he has a right to redeem himself after the last meltdown of team USA. Maybe he learned some things after his Capt and this last year

I like DL3 in the Captain position again.

Because letting the players pick their leader has worked every other time its been used. In any sport. Or in business. Christ this is participation trophies at it's finest.

Because letting the players pick their leader has worked every other time its been used. In any sport. Or in business. Christ this is participation trophies at it's finest.

hasn't worked for the past few Ryder Cups, mine as well say "ok guys lets try it your way & see if it works"

hasn't worked for the past few Ryder Cups, mine as well say "ok guys lets try it your way & see if it works"

Fill that team with Web.com players and the US routes the Euros in a landslide.

This is about who wants to be there and who doesn't.

seems like there is a difference in support & enthusiasm based on the presser I am watching

seems like there is a difference in support & enthusiasm based on the presser I am watching

You just gave the kids a toy they want and it's Christmas morning. Let's see what happens when it's time to do work and justify changing everything because Tom was a meanie.

European Tour captain selection process. Seems like the US really are just trying to make it more like theirs and hoping for the best?

The European Tour's Tournament Committee selects the European team’s captain, although the choice must be ratified by the European Ryder Cup Players and Stakeholders Board. Recent European selections have had similar characteristics to their American counterparts. European captains from 2004 to 2012 have ranged from 45 to 51 years old and all have had previous Ryder Cup playing experience. The only one of the five captains who didn’t win a major championship was 2010 captain Colin Montgomerie, who finished second in majors five times.

Talk about GC running a story into the ground. Is THIS much in-depth detail necessary for most people?
I got bored after the press conference. Well, except Phil, he's such a good speaker and knows how to answer the right way.

I remember when the Chiefs players got John Mackovic (10-6 in 1986) fired after the first playoff appearance since 1971, and got Frank Gansz hired as head coach. Two four-win seasons later, they hired Schottenheimer.

Talk about GC running a story into the ground. Is THIS much in-depth detail necessary for most people?
I got bored after the press conference. Well, except Phil, he's such a good speaker and knows how to answer the right way.

i heard Tiger was up at Medalist this week, maybe they could switch to that :)

LOL. Have to agree. I see the beatings continuing. Nothing against DL III, but when you have to have a "task force", the problems are deep, and the PGA of America needs serious help.

Or our top college players. They have no money and know how to play as team.

This is their idea of taking a break from Tiger coverage.

I'm glad he got the nod, I think he'll do fine. Good choice.

I was hoping for Couples but Love was my second choice. Right on at least he'll let the guys kind of dictate partnership and matches instead of the bad approach you get from a head strong guy like Watson.

I'm glad he got the nod, I think he'll do fine. Good choice.
Watching him right now and he has swayed me to his side. I think they did well with this pick.

Back