2013 Nike 20XI Golf Ball - More RZN

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Looking forward to hear your initial findings when you get a chance to hit these in a round. The 20XI could have been a great ball but it felt completely different than every other ball when you hit it. It was startling different.

I'm certainly not surprised but I'm just hoping the cover improves with more RZN though otherwise I'll have to check it out if it does what it says

I have no clue why, but I'm somewhat skeptical about this line of golf balls. I need to try them myself on of these days.

Actually was a fan of the 20XI-X ball. I know few folks didn't like the "feel" of the nike ball but I quite enjoyed it. Interested in trying this ball

My buddy Sam said he really liked the previous 20Xi off the driver and putter, but he said they felt awful off the irons. I am not familiar with the line, but it seems from what I have read from others, there were some real inconsistencies with this ball.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

One of my regular playing partners swears by last years line. One things for sure, there is a good chance this ball will rack up some wins on tour this year.

I hope they put a lot more RZN on the cover. Last premium Nike ball I tried didn't look too hot after 1 round. Scuffed pretty easy from sand wedge shots.

I never tried this year's 20XI. Maybe I'll try this line.

I have never played the Nike series of balls but it is interesting about the technology that they speak to in their descriptions of these new offerings.

Would be curious to see if the 20XI X has enough feel around the greens to be a normal gamer along with the added distance off the tee.

Im very interested in this ball. Nike has too much R&D power to not produce one of the best balls available.

Is there a release date?

Chipped via Tapatalk 2

Didn't Nike first come out with Rubber core golf balls when the market just had wound balls? I've never tried this ball and don't know if I my duffing swing can even game it but the whole perimeter weighting thing makes sense. Who doesn't want less spin and increased distance off the tee and more feel/ spin off the tee? Then again, I feel every OEM promises this.

Excited to try these out next year. I was a fan of the current 20XI-X off the driver/irons and thought it had great spin into the greens, but found it much too soft off the putter face. I'm hoping the new ones feel a bit better/different.

I have been meaning to give these a shot for awhile. maybe some positive initial thoughts would push me to finally buy a dozen and give them a try.

I think the RZN tech had some problems in its infancy and the more Nike experiments with it the better it will be. This could be an advancement in the golf ball where we can all benefit I can't wait to try out some Nike products.

I'm pretty excited to see these coming soon, I'll definately give them a try. One thing I have noticed though recently is that here in the windy season, I've seen a lot of ballooning with the Nike balls where as I didn't see that with my previous ball. It will be interesting to see how these compare.

Im very interested in this ball. Nike has too much R&D power to not produce one of the best balls available.

Is there a release date?

Chipped via Tapatalk 2

Feb 2013 per what Nike just tweeted along with this photo:

697651101.jpg

Feb 2013 per what Nike just tweeted along with this photo:

697651101.jpg

nice set of balls right there.

But seriously, i liked the 20XI-X that came out but found it to sound pretty awful off the driver (like hitting a rock) and wasn't too great on windy days...I kinda expected such a result of a first time go at it for Nike...hopefully this new round is significantly better, definitely worth a sleeve or two come spring time

Hmmm.. That is mighty interesting COOK

I guess it's not surprising that the marketing speak is geared towards even greater distance vs worrying about the cover or spin.
I tried out both the xi & the xi s this year with mediocre results. Both models did not take well to my grooves at impact.

I'm really looking forward to trying these as well as reading about THP testing if/when that happens. I've mostly played the Tour One D, which got phased out. And, my impression of the current 20XI's was that they had great distance off the driver. But, poor distance off the irons. And, I think everyone, at least on THP, is aware of the durability issues.

From what I've heard, Nike has figured out the compression issue related to irons and fixed it with this new version.

From what I've heard, Nike has figured out the compression issue related to irons and fixed it with this new version.

I have heard the same thing.

I have to figure that with another year of research, Nike probably has figured out some of the issues. I played the originals a bit this year and had mixed results. But than again, I was not playing well. I hit some great shots with them but also some terrible shots. I do agree with the lack of iron feel. I'm not sure I would say it was like hitting a rock or was too soft. Just weird.

Back