the boss

golf addict help me!!
Reaction score
Handicap
What did you work on during your last lesson and why?

My lat lesson we worked on turning my body in the backswing, I was taking some nasty divots 8 inches behind the ball and cutting it really bad, turns out I was using just my arms to turn back , started using my shoulders and wham!.

The position of my hands at the top of the takeaway.

This could be a really good thread to follow. I am going to work on an entire swing overhaul coming up very soon and I spoke to my teacher just this morning about it. He wants me to work on nothing more than the 1st 18inches of the takeaway for a bit. Nothing more, just that.

My last lesson was devoted to my wedge game. It helped a lot.

It's been many moons since my last lesson (probably 8 years ago). A goal of mine this next season is to find an instructor.

My last lesson we just worked on my finish. I thought my whole problem with my swing was in my backswing and everything there ended up being good, it was all in my follow through. Within a few swings everything was good and it has been good since. Hopefully that will be the case still after winter, but come spring I will be signing up for a few lessons to spread out over a couple months just to keep things in check.

This could be a really good thread to follow. I am going to work on an entire swing overhaul coming up very soon and I spoke to my teacher just this morning about it. He wants me to work on nothing more than the 1st 18inches of the takeaway for a bit. Nothing more, just that.

Im on a 6 week shoulder turn exercise im not to worry if I fade or draw the ball, he wants to ge me feeling comfortable with using my shoulders to turn back. I have had a total swing rebuild this year due to the fact i tried to self diagnose my swing an dtotally messing it up so I dont envy your task since may I have thought I had got it then 3 weeks later something else goes wrong lol.

The position of my hands at the top of the takeaway.
man, thats a good thing to work on. I need to do this. I always go with the catchers mitt drill.

The takeaway.

Can I ask guys why your working on what you are? What in-particular is going wrong?

man, thats a good thing to work on. I need to do this. I always go with the catchers mitt drill.

What's that?

I worked on widening out my backswing and not turning my shoulders so much. Lots of one-handed takeaways.

What's that?

I worked on widening out my backswing and not turning my shoulders so much. Lots of one-handed takeaways.
just act like there is a catcher back there and you want to put your club in his glove. and boom

Interesting. I always feel like my hands are too low, but then I see video and they're not where I think they are.

My last lesson was 2 1/2 years ago and we worked on course management.

I really need a couple of lessons! Viewing some recent video of my swing, all of my bad habits show up. The worst is that I go a million miles past parallel.

Interesting. I always feel like my hands are too low, but then I see video and they're not where I think they are.
this may be wrong, but I saw or read somehwere that the butt of the shaft should aim at or near your belt buckle.

Had my last lesson yesterday and we worked on keeping my right arm bent through impact instead of flipping my arm over and closing the club face.

Can I ask guys why your working on what you are? What in-particular is going wrong?

My contact suffers or I hook the ball off the planet.

this may be wrong, but I saw or read somehwere that the butt of the shaft should aim at or near your belt buckle.

Remember when you told me to take a 1/2 swing at True Blue and I piped the ball? That's pretty much what my instructor had me doing to shorten my back swing as well in the last couple weeks. It was freaking hard at first because I'd let it get so big. Took some video the other day and it's coming along. It's so weird becuase I truly do feel like it's half a swing, but video showed me I'm still a little farther than I want to be.

I've worked very hard on covering the ball with my chest through impact. It has built consistency, power and greater speed. I also worked hard on my putting. Mainly stance, posture and alignment. Knocked 4 strokes off my putts per round.

My contact suffers or I hook the ball off the planet.

Remember when you told me to take a 1/2 swing at True Blue and I piped the ball? That's pretty much what my instructor had me doing to shorten my back swing as well in the last couple weeks. It was freaking hard at first because I'd let it get so big. Took some video the other day and it's coming along. It's so weird becuase I truly do feel like it's half a swing, but video showed me I'm still a little farther than I want to be.
Good stuff buddy!!! Keep it up man, your game is looking pretty good right now.

I've worked very hard on covering the ball with my chest through impact. It has built consistency, power and greater speed. I also worked hard on my putting. Mainly stance, posture and alignment. Knocked 4 strokes off my putts per round.

4 strokes per round is pretty awesome. when did you do this? recently?

It is all interconnected. For me, it usually is something like posture > tempo > swing plane > hands > swing plane > finish. Hand position can be both an indication that preceding elements of the swing were done properly (or not) and a key for the rest of the swing to come. If I execute it all properly I get good results. If any of that is off just a bit I don't compress the ball very well but get playable weak fades and pulls. If any of that is off more than just a bit I start seeing real ugliness.

Good stuff buddy!!! Keep it up man, your game is looking pretty good right now.

4 strokes per round is pretty awesome. when did you do this? recently?

Ever since I put the m5 in play. I went from 32.7 - 27 after last round

My last lesson, back in late Sept. We worked on tucking my left shoulder under my chin more, turning down instead of out and around my spine. Then we worked on a transition move.

Working on getting the inside-out swing going. I tend to start turning my hips too early on the downswing, which causes a bit over-the-top, which leads to outside-in-path and chicken wing.

Who was surprised at what was wrong? Every time I think I have an idea as to what's wrong my pro surprises me and its something else.

Working on getting the inside-out swing going. I tend to start turning my hips too early on the downswing, which causes a bit over-the-top, which leads to outside-in-path and chicken wing.

I lead my downswing with my hips they are the firsts things I turn I thought that's the way everyone starts it?

Back