Fit a lady? (hint: ladies flex isn't the answer)

Aw, thanks! Couldn't have done it without the help from this forum :) Now, let's see how I can hit these things!
Aaand, check out my new snazzy sig ;)

Aw, thanks! Couldn't have done it without the help from this forum :) Now, let's see how I can hit these things!
Aaand, check out my new snazzy sig ;)

Haha, I like it. The nonexistent bag is a nice touch. Waiting is definitely the hardest part!

Speaking of nonexistent bags and waiting, I just couldn't... so I went to the decent one of the two stores we have here and splurged... signature complete! ;)

Speaking of nonexistent bags and waiting, I just couldn't... so I went to the decent one of the two stores we have here and splurged... signature complete! ;)
Awesome! Sweet decisions! Those should do great for you! I've heard nothing but great things about everything you chose! Enjoy!

Found a used Cleveland Classic 270 12* in senior flex that I purchased for $100. Figured I'd try this and if I don't like it, back to the drawing board...

Another great choice! I love my Classic. I have the 290 10.5* in regular flex and hit it really well. FWIW, I could not hit the older XL270 well at all but hit the SL290 great (the shafts have different flex points). I have a friend who has the XL270 12* in senior flex and she smashes the heck out of it. She would fight you over that thing.

Thanks! Can't wait for them to start arriving :) Now I don't know if I want to hit a round before everything gets here... it'll just be disappointing!

Congrats on the new clubs! Sorry if I'm hijacking this thread, but interestingly enough, I had a fitting today for irons. I have been playing for just a few years, and my irons are senior flex steel shafts. I was pondering if the length was right, wondering if I should switch to graphite, or even ladies flex, etc... (I'm in my fifties, after all.) His recommendation was regular steel flex Rocketballz irons, same as the shop recommended for CallMeAl82. I believe the fitter is pretty reputable (or I wouldn't have gone) but I'm pretty stunned by the recommendation, and questioning it simply because it is pretty far in the opposite direction of what I was thinking. But, what do I know? He said since I'm still planning on taking lessons, my swing probably will get faster, rather than slower, over these next years. (I was worried about my swing changing and slowing down as I age.) I have a few days to think about it, and I have to say, the club he put together at the end felt pretty good, and certainly had increased distance from my current club. I know about lofts of one series equating a different club from another series, but what struck me was how nice that last combo felt. (I think I've read hear not to get hung up on the number on the club, but look at the gaps.) Anyway, if this is correct, then should I be questioning the senior flex driver and 3 wood the golf store fit me for? Actually, the driver wasn't fit--my husband got it based on the 3 wood because I hit it well and liked how it felt. (Cleveland Launcher 15*, Cleveland XL270 10.5* driver, senior flex for both.) Anything else to consider? How silly to have this fitting because I don't know what I'm doing, and then question it. Or should I be questioning it?

I would trust your fitting on your irons. I am 54 and just switched from sr flex irons to ladies. I prefer the graphite because I have issues with my joints and its easier on them. I still play regular flex woods/driver and so far am hitting them well. If I buy new ones I'm sure I'll switch to sr flex. Good luck!

Golfergirl83, you're welcome to hijack!! I'm really sorry that I didn't see this sooner.

Really interesting that we were placed in similar clubs. I did a lot of research and just felt like the RBZ were something that I'd grow out of pretty quickly. That, and my current swing speeds and expected gains were on the upper end of ladies/lower end of senior, so going with senior flex gave me something to play with now and room to grow. I've also read that you should err on a softer vs stiffer flex, so senior seemed to be the right call for me.

Anyway, I ended up with what's below. I too went with the Cleveland XL270, but in a 12 deg loft, after also reading that most players aren't in a high enough lofted driver. I may have gone too high, however, but I'm still getting used to playing what's newly in my bag, so the full range of benefits/mistakes remain to be seen.

Being a complete noob to this, it still sounds like you're on the right track. Also, I'm on a 2H right now, but want to get a 3 wood for variety, or in case I hit it better ;) I'm going to look into the Launcher 15* now!

Cheers,

Allie

So, a quick report out.

I've played 3 rounds of 9 hole par 3, and 2 back nines at my LGC. The summary is that when I hit them right, they're sweet. The irons seem like the right call, and the driver is great. The hybrids have been a mixed bag, but I think it's just about getting used to everything, though the grips are quite thick and I'll want to switch them out before anything. As I said above, I'll probably get a 3 wood in the next month or so to give me options. The putter is AWESOME, and I love my approach wedge :)

Right now, though, it's all about playing and potentially lessons for me. This forum has been a great help, and I hope to continue checking in while I progress.

Back