Puma Plaid Tech Pants

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I love having these threads when I'm apparel hunting so I hope it helps..

Just bought the Puma tech plaid pants this week and got them on course today. I stand about 6'2 or so and weigh right around 170-175lbs. I bought the 34/32 as I like to have a touch shorter pants when I'm golfing to avoid drag.

images
images

Right out of the bag they look awesome. Great lines and a nice breathable material that is very light, yet didn't seem to bite that hard in the wind when wearing long underwear. All pockets seem to be the same depth (I hear that's an issue haha) and they fit closely on the waist as their 2012 shorts do.

Potential gripes are not that bad. I own a pair of 2011 Puma golf pants which are far and away my favourite pants ever. I bought them at 34/32 and here are the variables:

- length between the two is one inch shorter in the new tech plaids. There is also no split at the bottom to rest on the golf shoe.
- I would consider these a bit more 'low-rise' on the waist, and that made them ride a bit lower vs what I am used to, especially when reading putts.
- the width of the pant leg is slightly slimmer cut on the tech plaids. Not a bad thing and didn't limit my movement

...and that's it. Everything else is positive. There is about an inch and a half on the bottom hem that I plan to take down an inch and have the same slit cut as my former puma pants because I really like that design.

Hopefully this helps anyone thinking about purchasing! They sure do look sweet.

Dude I like these, I may have to branch out a bit. But I am not a fan of putters crack virus on the green

Great info Dan. Love these pants and the cut.

Dude I like these, I may have to branch out a bit. But I am not a fan of putters crack virus on the green

It's got me curious. I may go to Golf Galaxy and size up to see if that makes a difference.. Sometimes the difference of 34 vs 36 is quite a bit of room in the midsection.

Great info Dan. Love these pants and the cut.

The more I think about the cut the more I like it. 5/10 years ago I would have hate these hahaha

It's hard to find slim fitting pants these days, Puma has an offering at least.

Awesome. I can't wait to try some puma pants on now.

Tapatalking on my iPad 2

I can honestly say that I could not pull off that look

Love the pants Dan- question though. I'm right around 6'1 and 170 lbs and I always go for 32x32, and sometimes they are a little big. This is especially the case when I tuck in a thin golf shirt rather than a regular fabric polo, there is just too much fabric in the waist. Do these pants run tight? Otherwise I can't imagine a 34 would fit

Those look pretty slick Dan. Are they flat front or pleated? I can't tell from my phone

I can honestly say that I could not pull off that look

The plaid, or the narrowness?

Love the pants Dan- question though. I'm right around 6'1 and 170 lbs and I always go for 32x32, and sometimes they are a little big. This is especially the case when I tuck in a thin golf shirt rather than a regular fabric polo, there is just too much fabric in the waist. Do these pants run tight? Otherwise I can't imagine a 34 would fit

Tight in the waist? I don't think so. At least compared to other Puma offerings from this year. What are you hoping to compare them to?

Those look pretty slick Dan. Are they flat front or pleated? I can't tell from my phone

Flat front. I don't do the pleatage.

The plaid, or the narrowness?

More the narrowness. I can't pull off the skinny jean look. Though I doubt the plaid would work well either

I need to run more miles to fit in these haha

Thanks for the info. Pants look great!

More the narrowness. I can't pull off the skinny jean look. Though I doubt the plaid would work well either

The more I wear them, the more I like them. What's really nice, is that they are narrow enough that sitting on top of the shoes like the picture shows would probably look weird with baggy pants, but not these.

Incredible for Ohio fall where everything is super mushy and muddy -- My shoes were a muddy mess today, and yet my pant legs only had flecks of mud on them. That's quality right there.

Canadan those are some noice pants. Nice description as well. Funny thing, we wear the same size pants. Mine drag since I have a 30" inseam and are a bit snugger :)

They are Puma's tightest fitting pants in the leg/thigh/waist. If you have extra fabric in the pants you have though, a simple tailor fix would take care of it.

Canadan those are some noice pants. Nice description as well. Funny thing, we wear the same size pants. Mine drag since I have a 30" inseam and are a bit snugger :)

You bought the red/pink ones earlier this year right buddy? I might be just a touch taller than you..

i know whatcha mean....... not a pretty sight.

You bought the red/pink ones earlier this year right buddy? I might be just a touch taller than you..

Yeah dude, your 5" taller than me.

I grabbed a photo today to show where the 32 length sits on me. It's saved my butt in a big way with how crazy muddy it's been. Not much mud on the pants after today's round.

20121215_142331.jpg

need me a pair of these bad boys.
i like the darker pair Dan....i have a pair of shorts that are similar to the 2nd ones there.
how much these run? $70? need to find a deal somewhere....

Hmmmm...might be able to get them on one leg:arrogant:

I like the looks of them, but I am cheap and wouldn't pay $70 for a pair of pants. Also, it seems like I would have very few (if any) shirts that go with most of these pants. I like the way they look though.

I like the looks of them, but I am cheap and wouldn't pay $70 for a pair of pants. Also, it seems like I would have very few (if any) shirts that go with most of these pants. I like the way they look though.

They also come in solid colours.

Back