birdsboro

something witty
Reaction score
Handicap
10-15?
Anybody get a discount where they work, assuming your in a position that offers goods and services to the public, and are you willing to share them with your family and friends? Of course i am allowing for the "i would but i would lose my job" faction.... for example, where i work i routinely recieve a minimum of 50-95% off on all products that we produce and am always quite willing to help out friends and family if they ask.... what about you all?

Yes, I get a discount on most things at my work. I would pass the discount on to my folks if they needed anything but my old man just goes out and gets everything he needs himself. Everyone else can pay full price, discounts for everyone else mean less money in our pockets.

No discounts where I work (I'm an electrician)

People always ask me though.

I do offer discounts on side work labor to: Teachers, Boy Scouts & family. Everyone else pays full price.

are you self employed? so if your brother or mother asked you to help him out and rewire a panel you would charge them full freight? never mind......i read it too fast....
you are only self employed on the weekends.....and good for you for helping out the BSA.....

I'm in I.T. for a hospital- unfortunately I can't get discounts on medical bills or I.T. services. I do some stuff on the side for friends/family and always try to give them a good deal.

Birdsboro/Craig Mac what type of goods are we talking about that you can offer discounts? I'm always looking for a good deal!

i run the wonkavator........just kidding.....i work in the world of super premium chocolate....the kind that most people here would never ever buy.....well actually i am hoping that with the new line of products coming out that will change.....we even have TOP SECRET STUFF....... a specific assortment made just for our friends at costco...when i was told this i thought...geez...costco? and then they told me that costco is the #1 seller of Dom Perignon in the world.....so i figured it cant be all bad..... because we would be in the same if not a slightly higher relative price point.

i will tell you what P4B you pm me an address and i will see if i cant help you make mrs P4B forget about you sleeping with that sweet putter in the bed........LOL........ (seriously).

This might be the scariest proposition I've been confronted with in a while....but I tell you what birds....I'm feeling a bit adventurous....I'm in, PM sent!

How cool is it to work with chocolate? That's one food facility that I haven't wired, is a chocolatier or candy manufacturer.

Mrs Gummi gets a big package of Godiva from me at Christmas every year (I brave a trip to the super snooty mall, because it's the only retailer I know of)

Generally no family/friend discounts in the industrial refrigeration business. Although I got a water pressure valve and gauge from our supplier at company cost last year. Normally things we use don't generally work for homes that don't use ammonia for cooling!

i run the wonkavator........just kidding.....i work in the world of super premium chocolate....the kind that most people here would never ever buy.....well actually i am hoping that with the new line of products coming out that will change.....we even have TOP SECRET STUFF....... a specific assortment made just for our friends at costco...when i was told this i thought...geez...costco? and then they told me that costco is the #1 seller of Dom Perignon in the world.....so i figured it cant be all bad..... because we would be in the same if not a slightly higher relative price point.

You might have one of the top 3 coolest jobs ever!!

1. Part time job at a golf course
2. Zamboni Driver
3. Work at a chocolate factory!!!

Generally no family/friend discounts in the industrial refrigeration business. Although I got a water pressure valve and gauge from our supplier at company cost last year. Normally things we use don't generally work for homes that don't use ammonia for cooling!

I didn't know that's what you do Smallie... I've done a bunch of large refrigerated facilities.

Because I'm too dang lazy to search I'll just ask...is there a thread of what you do for a living? I don't know why, but to me it is wildly amusing to hear what it is people have chosen to do for their profession. You ever see a guy in public and wonder what he does and what got him in that line of work? Maybe it's only me, but I'm intrigued by that.

I don't do any installs, I'm one of the safety officers, along with several other jobs that no one else wants to do! (Take care of the fleet, building maintenance, travel, phones, etc.) Although I have been working with the vice president on his jobs as an assistant project manager, so I'm learning some new stuff as well.

I do indeed work for Godiva......yeah it is pretty cool.....sometimes i wonder who is gonna open the package and what will there reaction be and so forth...which is why i try and stress PERFECTION on my watch....you never get a second chance to make a first impression, especially when the expectations are that high....it is a very cool feeling to know that what your making may be part of a celebration of someones lifetime achievement...whether it be an aniversary or a birth or a wedding or just even just to reward themselves for some little or major job well done....it is very satisfying....

Birdsboro/Craig Mac what type of goods are we talking about that you can offer discounts? I'm always looking for a good deal!

I am not in a position to offer discounts. I am a manager in the screen printing department and there are no discounts there. I do recieve an employee discount in the hardware store that is part of our business, but that is for employees only. My comment was if my folks needed an item or two I would use my discount for them(as much as they have given me it's the least I could do), however my parents have never asked in the 11 years I have been here.

Because I'm too dang lazy to search I'll just ask...is there a thread of what you do for a living? I don't know why, but to me it is wildly amusing to hear what it is people have chosen to do for their profession. You ever see a guy in public and wonder what he does and what got him in that line of work? Maybe it's only me, but I'm intrigued by that.

Here you go P4B, it's old though: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60&highlight=living

It also (surprise) got off topic early on in its life!

I do indeed work for Godiva......yeah it is pretty cool.....sometimes i wonder who is gonna open the package and what will there reaction be and so forth...which is why i try and stress PERFECTION on my watch....you never get a second chance to make a first impression, especially when the expectations are that high....it is a very cool feeling to know that what your making may be part of a celebration of someones lifetime achievement...whether it be an aniversary or a birth or a wedding or just even just to reward themselves for some little or major job well done....it is very satisfying....

Just so you know, you're doing a hell of a job. Mrs Gummi lights up when she tears the paper off the package. She's happy for days. :D:blob:

We shoulda known what we were getting in for, since it was one of the first posts ever on this site!

Manager for science payloads onboard the Space Station..:alien2::alien2:
Might be able to get someone a trip on the shuttle for say 2 million...
Wire the money to my Antigua account and you should have confirmation within 3 months.......:bye:

Last edited:
i i work in the world of super premium chocolate....the kind that most people here would never ever buy

Not sure how to take that comment? Why would most of us here never buy Godiva chocolate? I have bought it plenty of times for my wife, there is a store in in Woodfield mall that sells nothing but Godiva. And they sell it at the checkout counters in Barnes & Noble bookstores.

Back