2015 The King Is Coming - Featuring Callaway XR Drivers

You can always call the hotel and see if they have a shipping center on site like fedex or UPS, some hotels do.

Just got off the phone with them. They don't have an actual shipping center on site, but they said they'd be happy to have their mail room arrange shipping through UPS or FedEx. Just need to touch base with the folks at the front desk when we get there.

Just got off the phone with them. They don't have an actual shipping center on site, but they said they'd be happy to have their mail room arrange shipping through UPS or FedEx. Just need to touch base with the folks at the front desk when we get there.

That's great they can help. Make sure they have a box big enough.

This is awesome, such a great surprise! I can bring 2 extra bags if anybody needs one for Friday's practice round.

Kickass surprise right there.

Hit up your local Goodwill store and pickup a junker on the cheap. Worked great for last years MC.

If you do choose to ship don't forget the travel bag for the return trip.

It's just keeps getting better. Such an awesome surprise.

Thank you Callaway and THP.

Might not be a bad time to look up those websites like shipsticks to help get your bags there.

Might not be a bad time to look up those websites like shipsticks to help get your bags there.

I was just planning on going through Southwest. First time ever bringing my clubs anywhere.

I was just planning on going through Southwest. First time ever bringing my clubs anywhere.

You guys flying into San Diego need to be extremely careful. Many airlines require the use of certain types of golf club travel bags (i.e. hard cases) for them to ensure your clubs arrive undamaged. If you put your clubs in say a soft-case and they snap your driver, you're S.O.L. If the clubs are damaged in a hard case, you will have to file a claim, but at least you have a leg to stand on.

I fly to Vegas with my clubs all the time. I personally use the Deluxe Standard ATA Golf Travel Case. Yes it's heavy and bulky, but my clubs arrive safe and ready to go.

Southwest FAQ: Sports Equipment
- Golf bag in hard-sided golf bag carrying case provided by Passenger, including clubs, balls, and shoes. Hooded golf bags or golf bags in a soft-sided carrying case provided by the Passenger will be conditionally accepted.
Note: Overweight charges will apply to golf bags exceeding 50 pounds.

Wow! Callaway being awesome once again? No surprise there. Can't wait to follow along for this one.

So awesome of Callaway, absolute first class!

How should are you guys going to take your clubs? Box them up and fit them in your travel bag maybe?

How should are you guys going to take your clubs? Box them up and fit them in your travel bag maybe?

Bring them in a cheap bag and then either trash the bag when you get to San Diego or ship the new bag back.

At least Team Chad will leave La Costa with something nice to help remember the event.
I was gonna say the same about team Harry :alien:

What a surprise! Thp and Callaway always taking it to next level

I've got a hard case I use for travel.

I'm a little concerned about playing Friday though if I leave my bag home. but a driver, 5 iron, wedge and putter should suffice anyway!

A BIG thanks to Callaway and THP!
That ugly bag of yours could be left in a garbage can in California lol

That ugly bag of yours could be left in a garbage can in California lol
You leave that warrior of mine alone sir. He's served me well for a very long time.

You guys flying into San Diego need to be extremely careful. Many airlines require the use of certain types of golf club travel bags (i.e. hard cases) for them to ensure your clubs arrive undamaged. If you put your clubs in say a soft-case and they snap your driver, you're S.O.L. If the clubs are damaged in a hard case, you will have to file a claim, but at least you have a leg to stand on.

I fly to Vegas with my clubs all the time. I personally use the Deluxe Standard ATA Golf Travel Case. Yes it's heavy and bulky, but my clubs arrive safe and ready to go.

Southwest FAQ: Sports Equipment
- Golf bag in hard-sided golf bag carrying case provided by Passenger, including clubs, balls, and shoes. Hooded golf bags or golf bags in a soft-sided carrying case provided by the Passenger will be conditionally accepted.
Note: Overweight charges will apply to golf bags exceeding 50 pounds.
Now you have me worried. I've got a soft travel case that I've used twice without issues, do I really need to look for a new travel bag?

Now you have me worried. I've got a soft travel case that I've used twice without issues, do I really need to look for a new travel bag?

No. I've traveled with a soft sized case a number of times. Get a Stiff Arm or go to Home Depot and get a 48" wooden dowel. Or simply remove the heads from the adjustable clubs.

No. I've traveled with a soft sized case a number of times. Get a Stiff Arm or go to Home Depot and get a 48" wooden dowel. Or simply remove the heads from the adjustable clubs.

Gotcha. Got a stiff arm already, so my current case should work.

Yeah I'm going to remove the heads from my driver and hybrid and wrap the other clubs with some bubble wrap.

Team Harry don't worry. I called my buddy Brutus at SAN baggage claim and told him to take extra special care of your clubs.

Not too worried with my hard case. :)

I respectfully disagree. You should contact the airline you'll be flying on and ask them what happens if your clubs get damaged while in a soft case. Most airlines will NOT accept liability if your clubs are in a soft case but will if they are in a hard case. I'm not saying something will happen, but if it does you don't want to have to pay for new shafts/clubs out of your own pocket.

http://www.criticalgolf.com/blog/2013-airline-rules-regulations-traveling-with-golf-clubs/

I know it's 2013, but it's pretty much what each airline post on their website. Southwest is extremely vague. Who knows what "conditionally accepted".

I know plenty of folks that use soft cases and haven't had any issues. Pull the heads off the woods if possible and it'll be fine sir.

Here is my take. I fly exclusively with a soft case. I dont use a stiff arm (adjustable heads make it not necessary). I have honestly never had any damage at all. I take the heads off and put them in the pockets. I put the shafts upside down back in the back. I wrap two golf towels interwoven between the clubs.

There is always a risk, but I love my travel bag and the airlines have gotten so much better. They are still terrible and damage can occur, but frankly with the hassle and such, I say gamble away.

Back