Titleist - Who's the new face for them now?

They will get a young up and comer.

Do they even need a "face", have they ever had a "face"?

Seems to me they're done well with just a bunch of good guys in the past.

Titleist makes great clubs, but I think that they're content to be a company that makes more money on balls than on clubs.

Titleist makes great clubs, but I think that they're content to be a company that makes more money on balls than on clubs.

I am not sure I agree with that. Sure their bread and butter is their golf balls, but they consistently put out quality clubs and certainly spend $$ on advertising on them.

Are they content because they are methodical in their approach to releasing new clubs/ irons? I don't believe so.

Do they advertise less than some other companies when it comes to advertising clubs and advertise more for their golf balls? Absolutely.

But there is a difference between identifying your strength and being content. I don't think they are content.

I am not sure I agree with that. Sure their bread and butter is their golf balls, but they consistently put out quality clubs and certainly spend $$ on advertising on them.

Are they content because they are methodical in their approach to releasing new clubs/ irons? I don't believe so.

Do they advertise less than some other companies when it comes to advertising clubs and advertise more for their golf balls? Absolutely.

But there is a difference between identifying your strength and being content. I don't think they are content.

I've gotta side with you on this one. Just because they don't advertise to the extent of other companies doesn't mean they don't believe in their clubs. They make quality clubs that would stand up to anyone else's clubs. Just because they don't advertise that they do doesn't mean they don't believe in them.

Titleist sponsors a lot of school golf programs. That is how they can get so many quality staffers. I also love their classic looks. I played on my college team and we got pretty much whatever we wanted for either cost of production or free.

Titleist sponsors a lot of school golf programs. That is how they can get so many quality staffers. I also love their classic looks. I played on my college team and we got pretty much whatever we wanted for either cost of production or free.

Yeah they sponsor our team too, the whole team gets significant discounts on their equipment. Heck even the Golf superintendent is a Titleist Staffer. The whole team get's black Titleist bags, they look fantastic.

The university has an official Titleist hat too, I want one.

Bud Cauley is going to be an icon for Titleist soon I feel. He is young talent that will rise and rise to the top.

Bud Cauley is going to be an icon for Titleist soon I feel. He is young talent that will rise and rise to the top.

I disagree. I think he will be solid enough with a win here and there but never a star. However, if he does reach star status then he will be like everyone else and leave Titleist for the guaranteed money (which I don't blame any of them for doing).

Back