What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a booger-bear for me... After 16 holes of butchering my pitches I met up with a very nice guy, also playing alone. He asked how my day was, I told him pitching was kicking my butt.

Long story short, turns out he's a teaching pro at another course and he gave me an impromptu pitch lesson, showing me what I was doing wrong. I now know what to practice doing.

Thanks guys for the recognition... THP is my favorite place :)

Congrats, spazz!

Shot 75 on the 1st 18 and 78 on the second 18.....oh I beat cookie 4&3 on the 2nd 18.

Shot a 82 this morning (46/36). Course rating 69.5/131 @ 6112 yards.
6.21 am tee time. No chance for warm up, so our group started off cold.
10 over at the turn. Holed a bunker shot for a birdie on The 13th.
Eagled the 457 yard Par 5 17th after sticking my second shot 4 feet from the pin.
All in all a good day despite the rotten start. :bananadance:

Shot 41/41 on the New Course at Grand Cypress.

Tappin' on my Blackberry

Shot 86 today after the 84 yesterday. Shot 44/42 with consecutive pars on 9-13. I choked on the back nine after the par train with three doubles on the last five holes.

On the bright side, I finally beat the guy I golf with most often, unfortunately he struggled most of the round and couldn't get things going. It'll be better when I beat him by shooting less than 85.

On fire, Smalls!

Posted via taptalk

87. Wtc. That's so obnoxious.

Solid round for me this afternoon.

37/37 for a (+2) 74. 3 birds, 5 bogeys, and 10 pars. Putting was excellent today.. If I wasn't sinking them, i was running them by.

God I love this game.

Had the chance to play the toughest in the Ash-Vegas area, Asheville Country Club, today. It's a classic Donald Ross design. Tiny greens, long par 4's, lots of undulation, and the greens were the fastest I've played so far in 2012. I invited chunky over but unfortunately he couldn't make it. Lucky for him I suppose. I ended up carding a 74 today, which is by far the best I've ever shot there. I feel like my entire game is coming together. I had one turd hole, that being the 605 yard, par 5 16th. Hit a great drive, wanted to then hit the F5, but was coerced into hitting the 6iron, which I proceeded to shank/thin/I don't know what the hell it was. I had 234 to the flag for my 3rd shot so I hit the F5. Hit it great but landed just short left and ended up in this bunker that was straight from the devil's arse. Got down in this thing and had at least 15 feet out mound to clear just to get the ball on the green. So I pitched out sideways. Chipped up and two putted for a double bogey. What I learned was "go with your gut". I wanted to hit the F5 for my second shot and got talked out of it. Then crapped myself on that hole. Shot even on the front, and 2 over on the back with that stupid double bogey on a par 5.

TC, that's still a crazy good round IMo dude!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had the chance to play the toughest in the Ash-Vegas area, Asheville Country Club, today. It's a classic Donald Ross design. Tiny greens, long par 4's, lots of undulation, and the greens were the fastest I've played so far in 2012. I invited chunky over but unfortunately he couldn't make it. Lucky for him I suppose. I ended up carding a 74 today, which is by far the best I've ever shot there. I feel like my entire game is coming together. I had one turd hole, that being the 605 yard, par 5 16th. Hit a great drive, wanted to then hit the F5, but was coerced into hitting the 6iron, which I proceeded to shank/thin/I don't know what the hell it was. I had 234 to the flag for my 3rd shot so I hit the F5. Hit it great but landed just short left and ended up in this bunker that was straight from the devil's arse. Got down in this thing and had at least 15 feet out mound to clear just to get the ball on the green. So I pitched out sideways. Chipped up and two putted for a double bogey. What I learned was "go with your gut". I wanted to hit the F5 for my second shot and got talked out of it. Then crapped myself on that hole. Shot even on the front, and 2 over on the back with that stupid double bogey on a par 5.

Hell of a round.

TC, that's still a crazy good round IMo dude!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, dude, I'm ecstatic on that course. It's a long beast and it's freaking hard. It's one of those courses where GIRs aren't good enough, you have to be below the hole on a lot of them, period. I had a 7' birdie putt that broke every bit of 4' today. Just brutal.

TC that's a great round. E on 17 holes? That will bode well in matchplay methinks!

TC that's a great round. E on 17 holes? That will bode well in matchplay methinks!

Well, there were some bogeys and birdies in there dude. I actually birdie'd 3 holes in a row from 9-11.

Well, there were some bogeys and birdies in there dude. I actually birdie'd 3 holes in a row from 9-11.

Yeah, that sounds like it will be okay against ddec. Lol.

Yeah, that sounds like it will be okay against ddec. Lol.

There's not anyone in the MC that can beat me in singles. Not a chance.

There's not anyone in the MC that can beat me in singles. Not a chance.

I can imagine dude. I don't really know him at all, but isn't Biggsy good?

I can imagine dude. I don't really know him at all, but isn't Biggsy good?

Yeah, he's good. But not good enough :bulgy-eyes:

I like my chances dude, that's all.

Great round, TC.

Gracias Smallie!

I wish I could have been there to see that big fella. You would have trounced me!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I wish I could have been there to see that big fella. You would have trounced me!

Nah, I made a double and a couple of bogeys. I did have some 3putts too. I'm telling you man, these greens were ridiculously fast. Like, make your anus quiver fast.

I wish you could've been there though, you'd love the course. It's a test and a spectacle.

Great round, TC! I shot a 46 through 9 holes today (blah) but still won my matchup vs. my next door neighbor. It was a battle.

Nah, I made a double and a couple of bogeys. I did have some 3putts too. I'm telling you man, these greens were ridiculously fast. Like, make your anus quiver fast.

I wish you could've been there though, you'd love the course. It's a test and a spectacle.

We will get together broski. Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back