2012 US Open Contest & Official Thread [Spoilers]

Im going mad here, but I think Tiger makes a run at this thing early on today. I was right about yesterdays round, but I still think he has a shot at winning this.
I think I'm with you on this. I defenatly would not count him out. We've all seen that he can do it.

I think I'm with you on this. I defenatly would not count him out. We've all seen that he can do it.
I want to see Gmac or Furyk drop a bird on 18 to break a tie with tiger.

I'm not a Tiger fan, nor am I a hater... He is, admittedly, one of the most talented golfers that has ever played. He just is not my idea of a "nice guy".

That being said, I don't root for him but do give accolades when due. If he is able to outplay the leaders today and win it, good for him... But I chose Graeme to win (if my favorite high schooler doesn't get it done).

Im going mad here, but I think Tiger makes a run at this thing early on today. I was right about yesterdays round, but I still think he has a shot at winning this.

Yeah I think anyone within 6 shots or so can win, but will Tiger do it? I'd like to see him get within a stroke or two just to get everyone fired up, but today is Westy's day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I think anyone within 6 shots or so can win, but will Tiger do it? I'd like to see him get within a stroke or two just to get everyone fired up, but today is Westy's day.

I dont know. Just yesterday morning and the evening prior, we were reminded that he was the best again. The tournament was over and it was a lock. I mean if you go back and read this thread (no you dont have to), it was as if they already gave him the trophy. The people that dislike TW were no where to be found except complaining that he had a dip in or something. His fans were here going nuts and posts like "Do you honestly think he can lose this" were being made. Then reality happened and he had to do EXACTLY what he said the high school kid had to do and that is play golf for 2 more days. His fans vanished and the hatred starting pouring out. Its as if nobody can discuss this guy in actual sanity sometimes.

Personally, I think the guy could still win this. Will he? To me it all depends on whether or not he starts out okay. If he pars the first few and can make the turn in 34 or better, I think he can.

Tiger is done IMO. Things I'd like to see beyond that

1) Gmac get a 2nd
2) Westwood finally not be the best to never have a major
3) The kid Hossler pull a rabbit and shock the world

I agree with you, he gets off to a good start then yeah he'll put himself in a spot to have a chance on the back 9. This is sort of reminding me of the last US Open that Gmac won at Pebble, some of the same names in similar spots. That Open was super exciting, I hope we get something like that again. Only with Westy winning.

I dont know. Just yesterday morning and the evening prior, we were reminded that he was the best again. The tournament was over and it was a lock. I mean if you go back and read this thread (no you dont have to), it was as if they already gave him the trophy. The people that dislike TW were no where to be found except complaining that he had a dip in or something. His fans were here going nuts and posts like "Do you honestly think he can lose this" were being made. Then reality happened and he had to do EXACTLY what he said the high school kid had to do and that is play golf for 2 more days. His fans vanished and the hatred starting pouring out. Its as if nobody can discuss this guy in actual sanity sometimes.

Personally, I think the guy could still win this. Will he? To me it all depends on whether or not he starts out okay. If he pars the first few and can make the turn in 34 or better, I think he can.

Unfortunate to see such contempt for a guy. If nothing else the guy gets more avg joes out to the course which raises money to keep those courses in better shape for the avid golfer.

I don't think he will but if he does great, if he can't, see above post.

I see a Lee/Gmac/Furyk playoff coming

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I see a Lee/Gmac/Furyk playoff coming

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

........not sure if it will be exactly these three ( I hope so!), but I'm definitely thinking it's gonna be a playoff on the way!

Personally I'd like a Lee, Furyk, Dufner playoff.

I think tiger has a slim chance today, very slim. His confidence is wavering and his only chance of winning is if he has a great day on the greens and the field comes back to him.

I like Gmac or Westy today. They both looked extremely confident yesterday and if either if them putted well they would have had a 3 shot lead going into today, same for Dufner who still has a chance as well.

I really dislike Furyk and his attitude on the course, looks pissed off all the time and I read a couple interviews he did and sounded just unpleasant. Hossler looked good yesterday as well and missed a couple easy putts that could have him in he lead today, it would be pretty cool to see him win.

Either way it should be a fun day of exciting golf!

Tapalk. That's why.

I have no contempt for Tiger...when he plays great golf I will give him his due....when he plays crappy golf, I will talk about it.

What I hate is the all the Tiger homers that think if one thing is said bad about him that you are a Tiger hater...I am not a Tiger hater...I don't care for the fact that the media plays up to him and will feed us shots of him all day today even though he is 5 shots back, we will here more about Tiger than Westy, or Els or any of the other great golfers that are ahead of him on the leader board.

In fact I will be willing to bet that we get to see several segments of nothing but Tiger on the Golf Channel coverage today. If he goes HAM and pulls it out today then great job...but don't beat somebody up just because they say something critical about the guy.

I'm not a Tiger hater or a huge fan. However I am a fan of greatness wheather its Him or someone else. Over the years no one can argue the fact that he has given us some great golf.

My Sunday Root List, since I am most likely out of the THP Open Contest.

1.) Ernie! Ernie! Ernie! Would love to see Ernie get that 3rd Open, and get himself back to Augusta next year, where he belongs.
2.) Hossler stays competitive until the end. Would love to see him win, but Sunday contention pressure is a touch different than "try to be low Am" pressure.
3.) If 1 fails, I would love to see Westy win that first major, so we can move on from the discussion and the guy is just too damn good not to have a major.

Sunday is shaping up to be an exciting day for golf. Can't wait.

Furyk seemed pretty normal in that interview yesterday after his round. Cant say I remember too many other interviews with him but that one wasnt too bad.

I'm not a Tiger hater or a huge fan. However I am a fan of greatness wheather its Him or someone else. Over the years no one can argue the fact that he has given us some great golf.

I will agree with that completely...you cannot agrue with his record and some of the perfomances he has given. But if I say he suddenly has a crappy short game I shouldn't be tarred and feather for it <braces for the tar.....it burns!>

In my rep on this forum I actually have 2 negative reps that were given to me because I said something critical of Tiger....WTC?

Furyk seemed pretty normal in that interview yesterday after his round. Cant say I remember too many other interviews with him but that one wasnt too bad.

It was a interview that was online, I read it, but I've never had a problem with him before and actually like he guy but just watching him yesterday and his on course demeanor but perhaps I'm readin too much into it.

Tapalk. That's why.

I will agree with that completely...you cannot agrue with his record and some of the perfomances he has given. But if I say he suddenly has a crappy short game I shouldn't be tarred and feather for it <braces for the tar.....it burns!>

In my rep on this forum I actually have 2 negative reps that were given to me because I said something critical of Tiger....WTC?
I agree... If who ever it is tiger or rory who ever... He they play like crap I'll say they played like crap.. But if they played great ill say that as well

If Tiger doesn't make a run..then go Furyk!! Represent Pittsburgh.

I don't really care who wins if it isn't Tiger. I'm not one of those who only watches when he is playing, but he is my favorite golfer so I hope he wins. My other favorites are not in contention so he is my biggest rooting interest. If he falls short I hope it's Els or Furyk.

I will say I'm not a huge fan of the U.S. Open most years because I can't stand the way they set up the courses, but I'm really enjoying this one. My biggest grip is that there are usually very few opportunities to make up ground since it is such a struggle to make par. Not the case here. Several holes that could be a birdie if you hit a good shot or two. There is a driveable par 4, a very reachable par 5, and a couple of par 3's that are short irons or a wedge. If you hit the right shots, the birdies are there for the taking. The last two holes could go birdie-birdie pretty easily. Even though the guys aren't making a ton of birdies, they are at least out there which to me, adds to the excitement.

I've played courses like this where you never have a level stance, every hole is uphill or downhill or sidehill. It's very frustrating to have a tee shot run through the fairway, but that's just the way the course is. You deal with it an minimize the damage. It's a tough course, but they didn't make it impossible like some years.

I can't decide whether I think Tigger has a shot or not. I could see him opening with a few birds to get back into it, but I could also see him making bad bogeys like yesterday. Hmmm.

Go Lee!

I decided to go into the office today and take a 3 day next weekend, I brought the conference room flat screen over and rest assured it will be on mute because one more second of Johnny Miller and Im gonna burn NBC to the ground. I hope ESPN buys the golf channel.

I decided to go into the office today and take a 3 day next weekend, I brought the conference room flat screen over and rest assured it will be on mute because one more second of Johnny Miller and Im gonna burn NBC to the ground. I hope ESPN buys the golf channel.

Unless ABC really wants to make a huge splash and buy NBC, I dont see that happening. Especially considering the parent companies.

Back