Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played yesterday:

193 Yard par three, water across width of fairway about 30 yards in front of green. Hit the Ping I20 Hybrid 23* to within 4 feet(off a tee) and then putted in the birdie. It was honestly the best shot I've had with a slight draw (been drilling that daily on the range).

Thanks for sharing the stoke!

Played yesterday:

193 Yard par three, water across width of fairway about 30 yards in front of green. Hit the Ping I20 Hybrid 23* to within 4 feet(off a tee) and then putted in the birdie. It was honestly the best shot I've had with a slight draw (been drilling that daily on the range).

Thanks for sharing the stoke!

Nice shot, long par 3s absolutely kill me.

Thurs. nite playing a twilite round I was on a 500 yd. par 5, After my drive I had approx 185yds. left. That was my best drive ever, I,m really startin to dial in the new R11. YAHOO! I was using a Wilson FG Tour ball with my R11 at 10.5* w/ the heavier weight in the toe of the head.

4 iron from 170 yards into a par 5 that I drew in to a back pin four feet from the hole (made the birdie).

8i approach pulled left a bit, hit the OB stake and bounced into the second cut 10 feet from the pin (rolled the putt over the corner and 6" past). I think that shot helped me win the Eder Trophy at the club with a nett 67 yesterday!:clapp:

On a par 5 I pitched in for what would have been my first ever eagle, but there was an OB drive first. Still, it was a nice par and I halved the hole because of it.

Couple come to mind but all were with my ping i20 hybo today just crushed it today off the tee was out driving the guy I was playing with who was using a Superfast 2.0 driver. Right down the middle. Love the look on people's face that i meet on the course as my ball lands past their drives and they realize I'm only hitting a hybrid. Lol

Couple come to mind but all were with my ping i20 hybo today just crushed it today off the tee was out driving the guy I was playing with who was using a Superfast 2.0 driver. Right down the middle. Love the look on people's face that i meet on the course as my ball lands past their drives and they realize I'm only hitting a hybrid. Lol

I know that feeling all too well...lol..

I played some boring golf today, so my best shot of the day was a 220 ish yard 3 hybrid second shot over trees on a par 5 (HOTD video uploading). Was left of the green with about a 30 yard pitch to the flag.

duffed my teeshot on a long 417yrd par4
hit a massive 3w onto the green from 230ish out
2 putt par

Snap hooked my drive to the left edge of a hole (into the rough) on a short 500 yard dog leg left par 5. I had to hit a high, drawing hybrid. I don't really know much about working the ball but I just knew that it'd happen. Crushed it. Perfect high, draw, ending up back in the fairway 85yds out. Bad chip then made a 20ft putt for bird and my first ever even par round. :banana:

Buckjob, what loft are you teeing off with? I've got the 23* and am really loving it and am considering the 20* as I have a 17* 4W and don't think the 17* I20 will fit my gaps...

Nice shots everybody!

I played a charity scramble yesterday on a course I'd never seen before. I managed to drive the green for the first time ever on a 287 yard uphill par 4, into the wind. It felt nice.

8i approach pulled left a bit, hit the OB stake and bounced into the second cut 10 feet from the pin (rolled the putt over the corner and 6" past). I think that shot helped me win the Eder Trophy at the club with a nett 67 yesterday!:clapp:

Congrats on the win!

was hitting my 3i hybrid really well today. After a good drive on the #11 par-5 on my home course today, I nailed an approx 205 yd shot to leave my self on the green in 2, pin-high about 25 feet right of the flag. mis-read the break and left my Eagle putt about 6 feet left of the cup but did manage to save the birdie.

hit 2 other really nice 3i hybrid 2nd shots on 2 other par-5 holes. I left those on the green collar for easy GIRs. I went on to birdie one and par the other.

Last edited:
As I mentioned in the Morgan Cup preparation thread, I played a match play event today. 3 down with 3 to go and I win 7 & 8. Opponent is on the green 15 feet for birdie and I am 60 yards out. 58* wedge and this is the result:

IMG_0204.jpg

He missed birdie, I made - get the 1/2 point after being dormie with 3 to play. SWEET!

ripped a 6i off the tee on a 189 yrd par3 a few feet below the hole... missed the really easy birdie putt

Coming off a year's best round last weekend (by 8 strokes at that) I played yesterday looking to keep the game in check. Of course, we get sent off on the back nine & I played like it was my first time ever seeing a golf ball. After a 7-8 start I settled in for an up & down round with birdies on 12 & 4. My competitive playing partner, Danny, and I were tied thru 16 holes. We both butchered the par 5 8th hole (17th of the day) but my 3rd snowman of the round left me a shot back...

Danny lasered a 5 iron down the left side of the fairway leaving him about 160 yards out. I choked down and put an easy swing on my driver. The ball flew down the middle getting over the hill at the 150 post and rolling nearly to the left end of the fairway. Danny hit his 8 iron a little thin and his 2nd shot rolled thru the green off the right side but short of a small pond. I get down to my tee shot which is sitting a yard inside of sprinkler head marked "96" to the center of the green. The middle right pin was probably a few yards longer than I hit my 54 degree wedge but knowing long was dead and my best chance at birdie was an uphill putt. It was an easy decision. I had to get all of it and took focus at the back edge of the ball. Contact was flush and no divot at all. The ball flew high and dead online with the target. I'm thinking just be close - not over. The ball hit 2 feet short of the hole, hopped up & kissed the pin before settling inches from the cup. Tap in bird!

Danny left his chip about 8 feet short and just missed the par putt giving me a 1 shot victory. Easily the best shot I have ever hit under the circumstances...

I bladed an 8i to 4 foot. Stuck my chest out and talked tough, lol.

Sitting in the first cut 103yds to the pin, which was pretty short to the fringe and behind a big-arsed bunker; not a pleasant looking shot.
Lucky for me, I have my handy-dandy 100yd wedge. I said as much to my buddy, telling him, "bunkers and short pins are easy when they're 100yds out."
Concentrate, relax, nice smooth swing, doink! 5ft from the hole.
I love reliable clubs and knowing they'll work every time.

That's why there are no pictures on score cards right :D

Hit my new Razr X 4 hybrid into the 18th green today...I hole I never birdie....hit it high and landed soft about 4 feet away and I drained the putt!! Nice way to close the round.

Played in a scramble today. On a tough par 5 for our second shot I hit my 2 hybrid to about 25 ft. First time I've seen anybody on that green in two. The second player in our group made the putt for eagle.

As I mentioned in the Morgan Cup preparation thread, I played a match play event today. 3 down with 3 to go and I win 7 & 8. Opponent is on the green 15 feet for birdie and I am 60 yards out. 58* wedge and this is the result:

IMG_0204.jpg

He missed birdie, I made - get the 1/2 point after being dormie with 3 to play. SWEET!

Love that!

ahahahah

That's why there are no pictures on score cards right :D

Hit my new Razr X 4 hybrid into the 18th green today...I hole I never birdie....hit it high and landed soft about 4 feet away and I drained the putt!! Nice way to close the round.

Had my Hybrid about a week. I am digging it, too.

I had 2. Drove a 310 yard slightly uphill par 4 with a low laser straight as an arrow drive (3 putted). Hit a completely blind severely uphill 175 yard 7 iron. When I hit it and watched it thought it was just over. Got up to the green and 3-4 feet right of the hole pin high (missed the putt).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back