RTJ Golf trail top course

Fish

Reaction score
Handicap
I am very interested in planning a trip to Alabama to play a few of the RTJ golf trail courses. I wanted to hear from this forum which courses you rate as the best. I am an avid fan of top course designers such as Jones, Dye,Doak, Ross and so forth and really want to hit up the highest rated courses on this trail.

For anyone not familiar take a look at the site

http://www.rtjgolf.com/

I have not played Ross Bridge but that is supposed to be the crown jewel of the Alabama RTJ courses. I have played the Oxmoor Ridge course and it is a beautiful and challenging course. I have played the Grand National Links and also the Lake courses in Opelika and both are worth playing. I particularly enjoyed Capitol Hill with the Legislator and the Senator being really good but the Judge is pretty awesome. I have enjoyed all of these courses and if I had to choose a top three it would be The Judge, Oxmoor Ridge and Grand National Lake course in that order.

Of the RTJ courses I have played, the Lake course at Grand National is my favorite by far. I have also played Ross Bridge, Oxmoor Valley, Cambrian Ridge and Magnolia Grove. The Judge at Capitol Hill is supposed to be the best of all the courses. I feel I should like the Oxmoor courses more than I do but they just wear me out when I play them. Ross Bridge is long but kind of blah. Cambrian Ridge was very enjoyable but it's out of the way.

Mark in Alabama

Grand National and the Judge, the two best on the Trail IMO.

I'm hearing a repetitive theme, Grand National and the Judge. I'm definitely appreciating the responses. Has anyone played the Northern courses or the ones closer to the Gulf?

I'm hearing a repetitive theme, Grand National and the Judge. I'm definitely appreciating the responses. Has anyone played the Northern courses or the ones closer to the Gulf?
I grew up in Mobile, Al. I have played Lakewood in Point Clear as well as Magnola Grove a good bit. Playing over at Point Clear, right on Mobile Bay is absolutely beautiful.

I'd rank 1- The Judge 2- Oxmoor Valley Ridge 3- Grand National Links course. Ross Bridge is pricey but a great track just the pricing puts it into a different category IMHO. All awesome though !

Back