Bridgestone J15 Driving Forged Irons

You guys got some beautiful sticks!! Man those are beautiful.

100% yes to this.

I liked the look of these clubs at address my only downfall was not putting any truly great swings on them and also seeing significant performance increases in the DPFs so I had to go with those.

Using Tapatalk

have you received your DPF a yet? Also what did you gain from them in above comment

have you received your DPF a yet? Also what did you gain from them in above comment

Not yet. Will post in the appropriate thread when I receive them.

Comparing the DPF to my current gamers Cleveland MTs I saw a higher launch (key for me because I have a mid-low trajectory) and increased distance and DPFs are packed with a little more forgiveness.

Using Tapatalk

The pic at address surprised me with how small heel-to-toe they appear to me. Not much Bridgestone around me, and I only hit the DPCs once, but I liked them, and I'm sure I'd like these. Also super curious about the pairing with the DG Pro shafts.

My set of these are slated for arrival tomorrow. Very excited to see them in hand, but now wishing I had planned the spring break trip to Florida I thought about...

Anyways, thanks again to THP and Bridgestone for being absolutely incredible for us lucky 10 to get our iron sets. I can't express enough gratitude.

My set of these are slated for arrival tomorrow. Very excited to see them in hand, but now wishing I had planned the spring break trip to Florida I thought about...

Anyways, thanks again to THP and Bridgestone for being absolutely incredible for us lucky 10 to get our iron sets. I can't express enough gratitude.

Can't wait to see these!

Still dreaming about these!

These are very interesting, Bridgestone has brought it with all these offerings

My goodness. First thoughts in hand: intimidating! I've never played something of this profile before. Here's some 6 iron comparisons to my 2014 gamers, the Callaway Apex (always right).

84d2073359ed19258e0f7756fe6a9796.jpg

fc1ff897711930caf0a9dac16bd78ee8.jpg

cf4023173f62722ff9d82f4bbe1de656.jpg

c8714f964724a99fa24ceb21afc916bc.jpg

As you can see, some pretty big differences in the two, but also some comforting similarities. Absolutely love the finish. Not sure when I will be able to get some swings on it, but when I do, it's game on. And again, thanks to THP and Bridgestone for the incredible prize.

Man those are pretty.

Congrats again Pluffy, you and OITW earned those.

Great comparison pics, Tyler. Didn't realize how much smaller than the Apex they were. They are almost Apex-proish in size

Man those are pretty.

Congrats again Pluffy, you and OITW earned those.
Thanks James. Glad we were able to share that last round.
Great comparison pics, Tyler. Didn't realize how much smaller than the Apex they were. They are almost Apex-proish in size
I would say they are pretty similar to the Apex Pros, that's probably a better direct comparison (as Apex would probably be to DPF). I'm very glad that the soles appear to be pretty similar. I'll be interested to see how they are on toe misses, as that is my main miss with the iron.

Nice Tyler! You won't have any issues at all gaming them. Anxious to hear your thoughts

Just got my email confirmation that my DF's shipped today and will be here Monday. I can't wait to hit these again, I will be hitting up the golf dome in Erie next Wed to get some swings in with them and will post more thoughts then.

I'm so jealous of you guys! Man I wish I could hit some recoil shafts, so I can confirm before placing my order.

Got mine today, and will try to get some additional pics up tonight. First impression I'd they are about a quarter of an inch smaller than the DPCs, and I can hear the click people are talking about, but it doesn't bother me, and that is in an enclosed space.

One thing I hadn't read is that these have some additional heel relief similar (but to a much smaller degree) than their wedges, and the DFs don't have the beveled leading edge like the DPCs and I believe Dan said the J15 CBs have. Hitting into a net so can't gauge distance, but there is some good feedback on mishits, so I'll have to tighten things up a little.

I heard that click too, but the feel off the face is so nice that I forgot the ball even made a noise when it left. Really excited to continue to read everyone's feedback and experiences with these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just let me start by thanking Bridgestone for their continuous support of THP and it's members.

I was fortunate enough to be a Bridgestone staffer in last year's 'best damn golf event, period'. From the moment I was told to the minute I walked in the door tonight, bridgestone has rocked it.

I gamed a combo set in the event and will game the J15 DF moving forward.
bdd848626411463a9027ac4d86807204.jpg

b905fea7050af352c4ecbabb6a5e2a7a.jpg

52de20be3f483f4f8e2db0cd915b312a.jpg

bfb0f9d66831876262c0466bd9eb182b.jpg

16cdb64f3fbf88abc0e0731fd99a3846.jpg

Just a few shots of the J15DF, J40CB and J40DPC. All beautiful in their right but these DFs make me giddie.

Can't wait to hear this guy's thoughts ^^^.

Did anyone go the dpf route?

I am new here, so here is my first one.
I played in the past J33, got a Gc mid set for "plane travel golf",then J38 and been playing J40DPC for the last few years.
I still hesitate to oder J15 DF and don't want to lose forgiveness and will not go J15 DPF cause they look a lot like J40DPC.
I am asking the lucky ones that already played J15 DF ,is there a loss of forgiveness and is the distance gain really there?
If not , I 'll keep my clubs and go lighter shafts.
Thanks

I am new here, so here is my first one.
I played in the past J33, got a Gc mid set for "plane travel golf",then J38 and been playing J40DPC for the last few years.
I still hesitate to oder J15 DF and don't want to lose forgiveness and will not go J15 DPF cause they look a lot like J40DPC.
I am asking the lucky ones that already played J15 DF ,is there a loss of forgiveness and is the distance gain really there?
If not , I 'll keep my clubs and go lighter shafts.
Thanks
First, welcome to THP!

I am one of the lucky ones to have DFs in hand, and gamed DPCs last year and can compare head to head. The problem is there is still snow on the ground so the only experience I've got is in my basement into a net. I am planning on hitting up a heated range in the next few weeks and will be sure to report back once I've had a chance to see ball flight.

Back