Finally broke down and signed up for a driver fitting!

capt.dru

Reaction score
Handicap
I am pretty excited for my fitting on Wednesday. I told them I was open to any brand driver. This is my first fitting and I am curious as to what driver I end up with. What should I expect out of this fitting?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing your results capt. Are you doing it at Leonard's or some where else?

Just have an open mind. Last time I decided to do a real fitting I thought I was going to walk out with a 913D. I ended up with a club I had never considered and have never been happier off the tee.

Looking forward to seeing your results capt. Are you doing it at Leonard's or some where else?

Yes, I am getting it done at Leonard's. Cant wait to see what results I get. Have you been fitted there before?

Just have an open mind. Last time I decided to do a real fitting I thought I was going to walk out with a 913D. I ended up with a club I had never considered and have never been happier off the tee.

I told them I was open to any driver that fit me best. It was hard telling them that as I am partial to TM. Deep down I am hoping a TM driver is best for my swing. :D

Yes, I am getting it done at Leonard's. Cant wait to see what results I get. Have you been fitted there before?

I told them I was open to any driver that fit me best. It was hard telling them that as I am partial to TM. Deep down I am hoping a TM driver is best for my swing. :D

No, but I may go there for an iron fitting here very soon. I can't decide whether to do it before or after the DFW invitational. Good luck and I hope you find exactly what you are looking for.

I hope you enjoy your fitting and have fun.

No, but I may go there for an iron fitting here very soon. I can't decide whether to do it before or after the DFW invitational. Good luck and I hope you find exactly what you are looking for.

Thanks. I am in the same boat as well. I am going to get an iron fitting as well, but undecided whether or not to get it done before or after the invitational. I hit my irons pretty decent so im in no big hurry, but I want to get a full fitting for my new set.

Well, have fun with it and I will be watching for your results and thoughts on the process..
Thanks. I am in the same boat as well. I am going to get an iron fitting as well, but undecided whether or not to get it done before or after the invitational. I hit my irons pretty decent so im in no big hurry, but I want to get a full fitting for my new set.

Thanks guys! I will post up my results and experience sometime Wednesday night.

Looking forward to this dru! Is your mind truly open or do you have some favourites going in?

I am kinda partial to TM, but I have made up my mind that I am going to go with whatever fits and feels best.

expect the unexpected!

Thanks guys! I will post up my results and experience sometime Wednesday night.
Looking forward to this, as I am going to do the same process in March. Recent convert to TM, but trying to be brand agnostic...I'll be intrigued to read how it goes.

I did a full-bag (Irons and Driver) fitting at GolfTEC a couple of weeks ago. It was a fascinating and eye-opening experience to work with a launch monitor and someone who could help interpret the results. [ That story is posted in another thread. ]

Definitely go in with an open mind and let the numbers tell you what the best driver is for you. I am also very interested in hearing back afterwards to see how it went!

Ken

Why can't today be Wednesday already?

Congrats on the fitting. It was one of the best things I did for my game. Going in with a open mind is smart. I'm partial to TM as well and when I did mine I strictly went for shafts only for my R11s driver and RBZ woods. I couldn't be happier with the results.

Awesome! Have fun with it, and come out with confidence knowing you're better prepared than before.

when going for a driver fitting do you have to be pretty decent with your driver? my game as a whole is pretty sound,solid iron striker,better than average putter,but cant drive for anything..i really want a driver fitting to see where im at but the majority of the time its a wild slice and im yet to feel comfortable with it..i couldnt see how i could be fit without half decent swings/connections to work from..shame :(

Two more days, can't wait to find out your results. I'm thinking about getting an iron fitting but since I'm growing taller so quickly there's no use. Bummer :(

I was fitted for a Cobra Amp Cell today and love it. I will wait for awhile to see if I can get it cheaper than Dick's sells it but I was very impressed with it today. Saw gains of over 15 yards from my RBZ driver.

Congrats man, sounds like you are going in with an open mind which is awesome. I am willing to bet you walk away very pleased and will be for a while to come. Have fun dude!

One more day!

Looking forward to seeing what comes out for you!

Back