Swing Model-who is yours?

I want to be Luke Donald. Boring, consistent, and deadly.

That's exactly how my swing looks......in my mind anyhow. In the real world, I think it's known as a "hot mess."

I try to watch a player that has a similar body type as I do. That said, I like Oosty's moves

I'm an Els guys too. I try to think to myself slow and low in the backswing and it seems to get me out of problems mid round. I love his smooth tempo. I also try and finish like Rory with the idea of keeping my balance through finish. When putting I try and think Tiger early 2000's.

Dude I watch that How to swing like Sicefixer video constantly. Could be the nicest swing that I have ever seen. It's the reason I keep coming back to this swing even if I can't go see him.

I see that swing and I just get sad. I want that!

I like what Justin rose does.

Me too. His iron swing is as good as it gets. I think he has become the model for that type swing now instead of Mahan. Of course nobody asked me, but thats my 2 cents.

I don't swing anything like them at all, but I have always liked Annika and Lee Jansen's swings. Simplicity, no wasted motion, very efficient. Wish I could do it that way...

Great one with Annika! Her rhythm and tempo is great and I love her balance.

I bet I am the ONLY one who says this......

JB Holmes.

I have better confidence, more solid contact, better dispersion, and lower scores when I don't try to do it "text book" and swing with little/no wrist cock.

I like JB's swing too! I could be swayed since he is a KY boy too, but I like how it is a shortened version of Snead's move, squat and all.

Also appreciate those saying Goosen as I love his rhythm/tempo and balance also. He is right up there with the Snead/Els/Couples/Vijay group of all time fluid swings.

I know I am in the VAST minority but I just don't see using Rory as a model. His swing looks jumpy to me and the hip stall would be a tough thing to mimic for me.

I never thought about this a lot, until now. Started looking on youtube and noticed that my swing is fairly similar to Brandt Snedeker. Obviously now as consistant, but it's not the widest swing and his tempo is fairly quick compared to a lot of other guys.

So Brandt Snedeker based on the tight, quicker style swing he has.

Awesome thread. As much as I would love to be able to copy the swings of tiger or Ricky, it will never happen. Looking at David Toms swing and it is so relaxed and repeatable. Can't wait for it get warmer in MD so that I can work on lowering this handicap.

Mine is Adam Scott and Nick Watney. They both have amazing mechanics and tempo.

I love watching John Huh's swing on Youtube and trying to copy it. Love his rhythm and angles.

A mix of Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson. Tiger for the irons because he hits them so well and Phil with he driver because Phil is awesome.

A mix of Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson. Tiger for the irons because he hits them so well and Phil with he driver because Phil is awesome.

Any other explanation would be invalid compared to this one.

I love watching John Huh's swing on Youtube and trying to copy it. Love his rhythm and angles.

+1 on that. He has a great action.

I bet I am the ONLY one who says this......

JB Holmes.

I have better confidence, more solid contact, better dispersion, and lower scores when I don't try to do it "text book" and swing with little/no wrist cock.

Yea, I can't say I modeled my swing after his ( I probably used it before I knew of him - hell, he modeled his swing after mine haha! ) but my backswing is short, compact and I don't get a lot of wrist cock. The teacher I see on occasion said I swung a lot like an older golfer named Doug Sanders...

Ai Miyazato. Slow, sweet and in control.

I really like Dustin Johnson's swing on the driver. The rest of the time I try to model my swing after Davis Love mainly because my instructor basically taught me his swing when I re-did my swing a couple years ago.

Yeah DJ's swing with a driver is amazing. He maintains his spine angle better than anyone I've seen.

There are so many great looking swings on tour that I would love to have, but I'll go with Justin Rose. Like his smooth swing.

To me it has always been Freddie. I have since morphed away from that swing but still try to keep the tempo.

First time poster here. I'm a huge Phil fan, that being said i'd like to model my swing, especially driver, more on him. But my iron play tends to lean more on the side of Tiger because of the slight drop down and hip rotation. I dont know why but its easier for me to generate more speed like this.

Ryan Moore.

I have a fairly slow takeaway and back swing alot like him.

I liken my swing to Lee Westwood with some Old Ernie Els at impact. Wasn't sure if I had the right thread after the first two pages of slice fixer talk.

I wish I had an idea of what kind of swing I have, let alone who I would like to model. Maybe Luke Donalds. Very nice swing there.

King Louis &
Master Charl

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

Back