Stag/Bachelor Parties

the_paulo

Euro target practice
Reaction score
Handicap
TMEX 0.5
Thought I'd start this to see if there's any difference to the way us guys celebrate losing a stag or a bachelor to the married life?

I've been to quite a few 'stag' events over the last few years, organised one myself, and am about to embark on my own this weekend.

The traditional Scottish approach to organising a 'stag do' has kind of been diluted over the years. Usually, it was organise a night at a local pub. Drink everything they have, give the stag twice what anyone else has, strip him and tie him to a street light, retreat.

Nowadays, it's become something of a monster. People organise whole events, weeks away, (my personal least favourite) 'activities' such as go-karting, quad biking, white water rafting. Heck, it can become more like an 80s office bonding getaway than a guy's holiday. I'm not a big fan of this approach.

I'm off to Dusseldorf in Germany on Friday, for 2 days. 17 guys. Our activities include getting there in the first place, drinking, and dressing funny.

So what's a traditional stag/bachelor party where you're from? Have you been on any good/terrible ones? Am I going to survive mine? :D

This thread might have to move to the debate room. I have some stories as I'm sure others do.

Typically start at the bar. Then off to support the glitter girls. Then back to the bar. I've been to a few where they do the girl thing at a house, which can get interesting fast. Also, I notice people meeting up with their bride-to-be towards the end of the evening. Not a fan of that one. I haven't been to one for a few years.

find bachelorette parties, those chics get WILD!

The few I've been to in the last few years are really tame, several starting on the golf course and then just some easy bar hopping. No animals, no girls, lots of shots and just a one night thing.

Mine lasted a week and one day, most of the details were relayed to me later by friends of friends and stories around town. I think they changed a lot of Missouri law's after that week. To the most part we visited every bar in a 40 mile radius and three, as hawk refers, glitter girls establishments.

I am not permitted to discuss the events that occurred at my bachelor party, under penalty of flogging.

I am not permitted to discuss the events that occurred at my bachelor party, under penalty of flogging.

I attended one where that vital rule of the Bro Code was broken. He was ostracized and eventually moved to California.

I've been to a few bachelor parties in Vegas including my own.. They were all very fun! I would talk about them but you know the rules about Vegas. LOL

This thread could become amazing very quickly. I wanna hear about the bachelorette parties, personally.

This thread could become amazing very quickly. I wanna hear about the bachelorette parties, personally.

Me too. I've only heard rumors about them. But they seem epic.

The few I've been to in the last few years are really tame, several starting on the golf course and then just some easy bar hopping. No animals, no girls, lots of shots and just a one night thing.

Mine lasted a week and one day, most of the details were relayed to me later by friends of friends and stories around town. I think they changed a lot of Missouri law's after that week. To the most part we visited every bar in a 40 mile radius and three, as hawk refers, glitter girls establishments.

Sounds exactly like my bachelor party.

Tap tap taparoo

My upcoming bachelor party has been planned. We are going to Montreal. Itll be interesting, for sure.

I've been to a bunch all different. Here are some...

Mine was golf and then catered by Dinosaur BBQ with lots of beer, cards, horseshoes. That was the night Hurricane Irene came through but we all stayed outside drinking it up and playing cards.

Another one I went to was golf and then we rented out the clubhouse bar for the night. That was one of the ones where the bride to be showed up later at night, which was odd.

Had one at a top scale golf club and we rented out the place for drinks, playoff football, food, and did a poker tournament

One wild one was we rented out the party deck area of a bar, had some great food come in, perfect summer weather, and have 3 of those glitter girls show up.

No girls or drinking... Mine was food and hanging out that night and then golf in the morning before the wedding. Most of the ones I've been to included lots of golf and shooting.

The quality of the parties I've been to increases exponentially with the number of naked girls. But golf would work too.

Mine was pretty tame for the most part...I have been to a few really crazy ones.

For mine, my friends took me golfing. We had 12 guys not including myself golfing so we paired up in 3 foursomes. I was alone and played a few holes with each group. Everyone played best ball except for me. I had to play my own shots. Best group score won. Of course me playing by myself you would think it was impossible...well, I was able to take one stroke off of my final score for every beer I was able to drink during the round. I honestly dont remember what my final score was, but I did have the lowest final score! haha

After that we all went to my brother's place where we had a few kegs of beer, homemade BBQ and a bunch of yard games and capped the night with a poker tournament. It was a long day, but everyone stayed safe and nobody got in trouble.

Hells Yeah One-T, I went to one of those parties where the best man hired some uumm ladies from the local strip club. Man, these girls performed with everything,double-enders and everything u name it. After they were done they were ready to do all the guys there too. I did not partake as I wouldn,t wanna catch every disease known to mankind. Really the only guy to do anything was the groom to be,he got the threesome u know.But all in all it was really cool

Hells Yeah One-T, I went to one of those parties where the best man hired some uumm ladies from the local strip club. Man, these girls performed with everything,double-enders and everything u name it. After they were done they were ready to do all the guys there too. I did not partake as I wouldn,t wanna catch every disease known to mankind. Really the only guy to do anything was the groom to be,he got the threesome u know.But all in all it was really cool

I think One-T was referring to a ladies get together before the wedding - hence his reference to a bachelorette party. Interesting story though. What a lucky bride! :(

Agreed! At one of the bachelor parties I was at, we met up with a random bachelorette party and I was asked to donate my boxers to the bride to be (it was on a t-shirt checklist they had given her). The girl that asked me to do so, actually followed me into the men's room to witness me removing them. I was a tad bit shocked by that. Here I am, in this little stall, girl standing beside me, dudes standing at the urinal, and all I could muster was, "Don't mind me, guys. I am just taking off my drawers over here to give 'em to this chic". LMAO.

I have already laid ground rules on my bachelor party, I just want to play golf, have a few beers, and go home. I have been arrested enough and woke up in strange places too many damn times.

Ok, this one took a dive in places!

I think I arranged the best one I'd ever been on (this weekend could be better). My best mate, 8 of his mates and me....Wroclaw in Poland for the weekend. Techno clubs, other sorts of clubs, cheap and great beer. Fast forward about 14 hours and you have the stag dancing in the middle of the road in front of Polish police, guns at the ready. The fact he was wearing a dress, blonde wig, beard, hi viz vest and a 20 meter headband of hazard tape made it funnier. That is of course an edited version. :D

My Bach. party was in Vegas as have all of my friends. We head out early for golf, gambling and drinking. The night of the party we have a great private dinner with some hired help from the local 'she really liked me club'. Hit the tables til just after of before midnight. Then it's off to the glitterbar til the wee hours of the Vegas night and then after party back at the hotel. Those that survive head down to the tables til 'rehab' starts at the HR pool.
Great weekend but so very exhausting.

Mine was a couple of buddies for a couple of days golfing, eating, drinking and just relaxing. No shenanigans.

I planned one when I was the best man that I can't speak of. It NEVER happened. Let's just say the fiance told me everything not to do and I planned we did all of which she told me not to do. I was younger, not sure I'd do that again.

I've been to some tame ones and some that were unspeakable.

I think the Bachelorette parties get crazier. At least they did in the videos I saw.

hahaha, truth!

For One-T's we rented a sick apartment in down town Knoxville. GOt there on some day and literally all of us drank ourselves into an oblivion. Woke up and golfed the next day, drank that night and hit the town. Woke up the next day and golfed then drank our selves into an oblivion and hit the town. We did run into a Bachelorette party and ended up partying with those ladies.

I've also attended plenty of stag's nights in Australia. We pretty much hit the pub and go HAM, the goal of the night is to get the dude to puke and then embarrass him in some god awful manner.

THey sure are fun. Ironically, I've never been involved with one that had a stripper. That could end poorly with some of the dudes we run around with, haha

Back