THP Tour Van - Texas Event Recap Thread

I did think the course probably should have offered a bigger discount based on the condition of the greens...I found it odd that they never mentioned the condition of the greens, and yes you would think a course that charged $90 would have in cart GPS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great thread, wish I was closer to the happenings! (No more travel issues for me!)

a693489b-9d88-ae46.jpg

If the RV is the range finder...is this "The Ball Picker"?

Hehehe

I think it's a June bug....

Green_June_Beetle.jpg

Very similar....yes?

Great recaps, photos, etc.
Obviously everyone had a great time.
Maybe the THP Tour Van can make a Pacific Northwest run sometime?

All this talk makes me want to take the train down to the St. Louis Event! Looks like it was a blast!

Do it man! We may run into each other there. You would enjoy it thoroughly.

Spazzdog: sorry about that, but we can certainly get that done.

I think it's a June bug....

Green_June_Beetle.jpg

Very similar....yes?

Great recaps, photos, etc.
Obviously everyone had a great time.
Maybe the THP Tour Van can make a Pacific Northwest run sometime?
yes they are kinda similar lol. Who's car was that?

Just catching up on this thread after being across the country for the last week. This looks like everyone had a great time and had lots of laughs. The TX event sets the bar high for the rest of the tour stops. I'm looking fwd to the Des Moines date in Sept.

Shawn from SCOR can hit the driver, no doubt about that one.

Shawn from SCOR can hit the driver, no doubt about that one.

That is the truth! He was not able to play with us due to a tournament conflict but spent some time on Saturday morning with us. Absolutely great guy first and foremost, and he can move the ball out there......a long ways.

Do it man! We may run into each other there. You would enjoy it thoroughly.

Spazzdog: sorry about that, but we can certainly get that done.
Only if u wear that awesome top from the outing again!

No doubt. We were all a bit disappointed to see that they had been aerated the week prior. This was one of 2 or 3 holes that had sand like that on the green.

Jman and I discussed this a bunch as the green conditions definitely took away from the ability to make a putt - plain and simple. It was hit or miss.

Luckily, the phenomenal company that we enjoyed more than made up for the green conditions. And I will say this, if I am ever involved in planning something like this again - green conditions will be inquired about before the selection is made. :angel:

threeboy can vouch for me... him and ssthoutx showed me the line on multiple birdie putts.. short ones at that .. and they broke a different way then theirs did thanks to the crappy greens... i let the little club cleaner boy have it too when he asked "how was it" ... he tried to play it off as they had only been punched recently till i said no some were straight up dead and one was under repair.. oh well i had a good time even though i thought we overpaid for those conditions

threeboy can vouch for me... him and ssthoutx showed me the line on multiple birdie putts.. short ones at that .. and they broke a different way then theirs did thanks to the crappy greens... i let the little club cleaner boy have it too when he asked "how was it" ... he tried to play it off as they had only been punched recently till i said no some were straight up dead and one was under repair.. oh well i had a good time even though i thought we overpaid for those conditions

Yep, its like Cookie and I were talking about on the trek home, sure they were bad, but it wasn't about the cost for me. Hell, I definitely didn't need to be spending the money right now but I damn sure wasn't going to miss out on meeting Morgan, JB, Ellie, Duke, and all the other THP'ers I got to meet. Worth every red cent for me.

Heck yes I got a picture of the statue! I had in cart GPS too (TripleBogieTim's Callaway upro mx+) HA HA! That thing is great and I've been reading the thread on it here and I'm getting one now.

The greens were horrible no doubt. We talked about it both days, the ball didn't break even it it clearly should. It was more putt at the hole and hope for 2 putt. Most of the courses around me are mid-$70's + on the weekends so I'm used to that part.

It was the range ball thing that cracked me up. $90+ including tax and we put the large bucket under the dispenser and I think I carry more balls in my bag than came out of that machine.

Heck yes I got a picture of the statue! I had in cart GPS too (TripleBogieTim's Callaway upro mx+) HA HA! That thing is great and I've been reading the thread on it here and I'm getting one now.

The greens were horrible no doubt. We talked about it both days, the ball didn't break even it it clearly should. It was more putt at the hole and hope for 2 putt. Most of the courses around me are mid-$70's + on the weekends so I'm used to that part.

It was the range ball thing that cracked me up. $90+ including tax and we put the large bucket under the dispenser and I think I carry more balls in my bag than came out of that machine.

Timing is everything, check this one out. :D http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...-Code-thread&p=1405944&viewfull=1#post1405944

The THP Tour Van is officially headed back to HQ for a little while and will be on the road for a few days. We had a great time in Texas and want to thank everybody that came out to see us.

The THP Tour Van is officially headed back to HQ for a little while and will be on the road for a few days. We had a great time in Texas and want to thank everybody that came out to see us.
you two be careful

Have a smooth trip home.

Hope the weather treats you better on the way back to Florida. Thanks again for making the trip out, I had an incredible time!

have a safe trip back

Be safe, enjoy the trip home and give some extra pats to the pooches from us Texans :)

Have a safe trip back you two! It was a blast getting to meet you both!

I'm already wanting to do this again. Been PMing steele this week and trying to get some thoughts on DFW and Houston THPers possibly meeting half way between later this summer. This was such an awesome time meeting up with everyone, I would love to do it more often.

I'm already wanting to do this again. Been PMing steele this week and trying to get some thoughts on DFW and Houston THPers possibly meeting half way between later this summer. This was such an awesome time meeting up with everyone, I would love to do it more often.

Yes! Keep us updated!

Back