Nike Golf Signs Cheyenne Woods

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Nike Golf is proud to announce that two-time All American, Cheyenne Woods, has signed a multi-year agreement with Nike Golf. She kicked off her professional career as a head-to-toe Nike athlete at this week's Wegman's LPGA Championship. Woods represents the Swoosh by using Nike Golf clubs, ball, footwear, glove, bag, apparel, headwear and accessories.

Woods, the niece of Nike Golf Athlete, Tiger Woods, is a recent graduate of Wake Forest University. In addition to her outstanding junior and college career, Woods earned her Communications degree before turning pro.

The 2011 ACC champ set multiple records in her four years at Wake Forest. In her senior year, Woods finished with the lowest single-season scoring average in school history at 73.47. She is one of three players in school-history to post three under-par rounds at the same tournament and had the third-most rounds (36) at par or better in school-history.

"Now that I am solely focused on golf, I am eager and ready to make this my career," Woods said of her recent decision to follow a professional career. "Turning pro is what I've dreamed about my entire life. I've been playing since I was 5 years old. The fact that I have the opportunity to turn pro is incredible."

On joining Nike Golf, Woods expressed, "I could not be more excited and proud to represent the Swoosh. Watching Tiger, I have grown up loving the brand and I am thrilled to be a part of the Nike Golf family."

Mark Thaxton, Global Director of Sports Marketing Operations for Nike Golf, said, "We are excited to welcome Cheyenne into the Nike Golf family. We're eager to work with her to ensure that she is equipped with the best tools for her success. Woods was a stand-out player for Wake Forest and we are confident she will stand out for Nike Golf as well."

Woods has qualified for the U.S. Women's Open in July and will participate in LPGA Q-School later this year.

Like I didn't see that one coming LOL. She should be sure to thank her Uncle Tiger.

Interestingly enough, she is also signed with Tiger's agent as well.

good move for Nike. I dont think its just uncle Tiger. She apparently is a decent golfer

Wishing Cheyenne all the best and go out on Tour and make her own name in the sport.

from the outside it seems like it was going to happen. But she's got some game from the sounds of it. Good for Nike

Sounds like she had a pretty good career at Wake Forest. Will be interesting to see how she performs on the LPGA tour. Whether she likes it or not, she will garner a ton of attention.

good move for Nike. I dont think its just uncle Tiger. She apparently is a decent golfer

She's a decent golfer with a pretty good collegiate career, but it wasn't anything spectacular (as her recent missed cut at the LPGA Championship indicates).

While I don't think Nike signed her solely because of Uncle Tiger, I do think his relationship to her played a big part. It wouldn't be the first time that nepotism played a part in business.

That's cool, a possible golf dynasty for Nike....maybe some commercials with both of them

That is interesting I wasn't aware of her. Will be paying attention to her in the future

Great move by Nike. I hope to see a bunch of her at the top of the leader board.

That's cool, a possible golf dynasty for Nike....maybe some commercials with both of them

That would be great. I hope they bring back Frank, Tiger's talking headcover, as well.

Nice move for Nike.....Is she going to be repped by Tiger's agent as well?

Nice move for Nike.....Is she going to be repped by Tiger's agent as well?

Yes, she signed with him as well. Unless of course his DUI is too large an issue...hehe

She's a decent golfer with a pretty good collegiate career, but it wasn't anything spectacular (as her recent missed cut at the LPGA Championship indicates).

While I don't think Nike signed her solely because of Uncle Tiger, I do think his relationship to her played a big part. It wouldn't be the first time that nepotism played a part in business.

I dont disagree with you. Hell, if Tiger was my uncle and I was a decent golfer I would think Nuke would want to sign me as well. But, I am not related to Tiger and I am not a good golfer.

that would be pretty neat.

I'm sure her relationship with Tiger played some part in this, but she must be at least pretty good in her own right.

I dont disagree with you. Hell, if Tiger was my uncle and I was a decent golfer I would think Nuke would want to sign me as well. But, I am not related to Tiger and I am not a good golfer.

LOL. Hopefully, Cheyenne will live up to her name. The LPGA could use her star power, along with a few other up and coming stars (e.g. Lexi Thompson) right about now.

Not to take away from Cheyenne's golfing abilities, but I see this as more than Nike signing another LPGA player. I am sure that Nike sees a ton of Marketability with this signing, and can take aim at the younger female golfers with this. The last name surely has a lot to do with it, but apparently she has a pretty good Golf game to go along with it. I think this is great for the LPGA and after playing a round with an LPGA Pro and talking about things of this nature, I think the LPGA getting this kind of exposure and marketing will be a good thing.

Good for her. Use the Woods name for all you can get. Not that she isnt a very good golfer but lets not fool ourselves here, the Woods name and the fact that Tiger is her uncle was a factor.

This is cool. The Woods dynasty for Nike. I wonder how her career will pan out.

I think this is all upside for Nike. Good signing

Good for her! I'm sure she's a great player. However the expectations of being tigers niece could be very overwhelming to a young lady. No matter what her career turns out to be she will always be labeled as tigers niece. Not Cheyenne woods. I hope she does great!

I hope she comes out swinging and plays well, great marketing (decision I hope) lol.

Yeah; I saw her on ESPN last week all decked out in Nike. Doesn't suprise me. Not bad for a Wake Forest grad. Ha.

Not to take away from Cheyenne's golfing abilities, but I see this as more than Nike signing another LPGA player. I am sure that Nike sees a ton of Marketability with this signing, and can take aim at the younger female golfers with this. The last name surely has a lot to do with it, but apparently she has a pretty good Golf game to go along with it. I think this is great for the LPGA and after playing a round with an LPGA Pro and talking about things of this nature, I think the LPGA getting this kind of exposure and marketing will be a good thing.

This is a really good post, nice thoughts buddy

Back