Big Break Atlantis

I'm not sure how you got that there would be more cat-fighting on this series from the first episode. The girls have been all cordial and friendly with each other throughout the season to date and have bonded quite well.

There isn't much bench or "safe city" chatter among the contestants while a fellow contestant is playing her shot, other than the occasional discussion of strategy or shouts of encouragement or empathy.

If I recall it correctly, the 15 minutes of the first episode consisted of little more than joyful crying and bikini shots. Then I'm pretty sure that one golfer made a comment about the other golfer's age or skill, or I don't recall what. Scene changes to the 'confession' room or whatever they call those, and she starts complaining that "it's on" and "she has no right." At that moment, I believed the show would be nothing more than conflicting personalities like most reality TV. Obviously, I'm happy to be wrong, because I haven't seen anything like that since that moment in the first episode.

~Rock

If I recall it correctly, the 15 minutes of the first episode consisted of little more than joyful crying and bikini shots. Then I'm pretty sure that one golfer made a comment about the other golfer's age or skill, or I don't recall what. Scene changes to the 'confession' room or whatever they call those, and she starts complaining that "it's on" and "she has no right." At that moment, I believed the show would be nothing more than conflicting personalities like most reality TV. Obviously, I'm happy to be wrong, because I haven't seen anything like that since that moment in the first episode.

~Rock

You remembered it correctly. Kelly is one of the oldest (if not the oldest) contestants on the show. The producers tried to play up that interchange between Shannon and Kelly but couldn't get it to develop other than those few sound bites that you remembered. In all, these girls have gelled quite amazingly well as if they were a mini sorority of sorts.

I didn't like Natalia getting eliminated last night. It looked like she had a very solid game and was one of my favorites to win. I have a funny feeling Gloriana wins though.

John Deere Tap'n

I didn't like Natalia getting eliminated last night. It looked like she had a very solid game and was one of my favorites to win. I have a funny feeling Gloriana wins though.

John Deere Tap'n

I agree that it was disappointing to see Natalia go. She had a great competitive attitude and game to match. I would have preferred to see the weakest remaining player of the group, Sela-Na, leave first.

I think the finals will be between Marcella and Gloriana or Kelly. Anya and Christina could play potential spoilers to that finals matchup.

Neatly summing up this season, I watched the starting challenge, then Tic-Tac-Toe, thought "That's sort of a neat game, can't really afford to miss", caught about 3 wedge shots and woke up to Feherty talking to GMac.
Just not holding my interest like some of the other shows did. Which means I'm WAY too into golf and getting old.

I dont think Anya breaking her club showed her "immaturity and stupidity". Was it not the best thing to do? Hellz Yeah. But I'm sorry, we all get mad to our absolute breaking point and Anya just had hit hers and proceeded to break her club. Whether that was what she intended to do is a different story. She didn't hit the shaft that hard and it easily broke. I don't think of her any differently after that little thing.

I dont think Anya breaking her club showed her "immaturity and stupidity". Was it not the best thing to do? Hellz Yeah. But I'm sorry, we all get mad to our absolute breaking point and Anya just had hit hers and proceeded to break her club. Whether that was what she intended to do is a different story. She didn't hit the shaft that hard and it easily broke. I don't think of her any differently after that little thing.

As it was relatively early in the challenges, Anya didn't know if she would still need her 56* wedge. Chances are that she didn't have an identical replacement on hand. Even if she were permitted to borrow another contestant's wedge, it wouldn't have felt the same as her own wedge, which she's used time after time again. Nothing was to be gained by Anya breaking her wedge. It was immature and stupid of her to do so.

Unfortunately for Anya, Phil Mickelson was not on hand to wield his "special magic" and fix her bent wedge for her.

As it was relatively early in the challenges, Anya didn't know if she would still need her 56* wedge. Chances are that she didn't have an identical replacement on hand. Even if she were permitted to borrow another contestant's wedge, it wouldn't have felt the same as her own wedge, which she's used time after time again. Nothing was to be gained by Anya breaking her wedge. It was immature and stupid of her to do so.

Unfortunately for Anya, Phil Mickelson was not on hand to wield his "special magic" and fix her bent wedge for her.

She clearly did not intend to break her club. She whacked it against her shoe. It just happened to be the perfect whack and bent the shaft. Exactly how hard do you think she was hitting "herself"?

I still don't know why you try to generate so much controversy over the smallest things.

She clearly did not intend to break her club. She whacked it against her shoe. It just happened to be the perfect whack and bent the shaft. Exactly how hard do you think she was hitting "herself"?

I still don't know why you try to generate so much controversy over the smallest things.

Probably because he keeps getting responses to them such as this....

Anya said in post-commentary that she was pissed. She was clearly angry enough to hit her wedge's shaft, not clubhead, against her shoe and bend it. A whack to a shaft does not need to be perfect when struck hard enough.

BBAanyashaftbend_001.jpg

Probably because he keeps getting responses to them such as this....

I just ignore the little kids' comments on this site LOL. Hopefully they'll learn that not everyone thinks as they do when they get older maturity-wise.

Last edited:
Why was Ryann O'Toole not in the SI body paint issue is what I want to know.

I think this season is shaping up like many others and the best players are again not making it through the season. Sucks.

I am firmly rooting for Allison.

I think this season is shaping up like many others and the best players are again not making it through the season. Sucks.

This season's best player, Shannon Fish, was eliminated in the 2nd episode. Classic case of the weaker players being carried by the stronger players through team play competitions. Then it takes a few poor shots by stronger players at the wrong times to result in their being eliminated from the show.

Have been from the first. Glad to see her play well in last nights show. She chucked a dart out there on that 80yrd shot.

Just finished watching and hated to see Kelly prevail, she was clearly out played except for the pulled tee shot. I don't understand how some here think she will be in the finals.

Just finished watching and hated to see Kelly prevail, she was clearly out played except for the pulled tee shot. I don't understand how some here think she will be in the finals.

While I don't think Kelly will be in the finals, I think she could be a spoiler. As the oldest contestant on BB Atlantis, she's more mature than most of the others and intelligent. Her nerves are her weakness right now, but if she can get them under control, she could contend up to the end of the season.

While I don't think Kelly will be in the finals, I think she could be a spoiler. As the oldest contestant on BB Atlantis, she's more mature than most of the others and intelligent. Her nerves are her weakness right now, but if she can get them under control, she could contend up to the end of the season.

I suppose it is possible but she certainly did not make me think too much of her chances when she said she practices 150 yard bunker shots but never practices 25 yard bunker shots. What?????

I really hated to see Natalia lose out.

I suppose it is possible but she certainly did not make me think too much of her chances when she said she practices 150 yard bunker shots but never practices 25 yard bunker shots. What?????

I've learned to take what people say, especially in front of a camera or on the internet, with a grain of salt. I find it difficult to believe that Kelly, or anyone else for that matter, practices 150 yd bunker shots at the expense of 25 yd bunker shots. I'm chalking up Kelly's statement to a little bravado for the cameras.

It will be interesting to see if the producers of BB Atlantis pull the same stunt on next week's show and have the 2 contestants with the lowest number of points play a match in the early morning where the loser gets sent straight to the Elimination Match.

If they do, then Kelly will have to play in such a match for the 2nd consecutive week, as she still has the fewest amount of points among the contestants. It seems hardly fair, as those who get sent straight to the Elimination Match (like Kelly) have no opportunity to win points and extricate themselves from the bottom 2 points holders.

Heard on a promo that they will no longer be able to buy their way out of elimination going forward, maybe we'll see a few of the high point totals being eliminated in the next few episodes.

Heard on a promo that they will no longer be able to buy their way out of elimination going forward, maybe we'll see a few of the high point totals being eliminated in the next few episodes.

Personally, I don't have a problem with someone using all their points to buy their way out of the Elimination Match. As the person with the highest number of accumulated points, they've earned the right to do so.

I just thought it was in poor judgment and taste to penalize the person who bought their way out of an Elimination Match by taking away ALL their points AND making them fight to automatically avoid ANOTHER Elimination Match the next day. Even the US judicial system has the concept of double jeapordy, so why can't BB Atlantis producers follow suit.

Frankly, this is just one of a few things that the BB Altantis producers simply did not take the time to properly plan out (the points allocation for the Lone Wolf game being another).

I think the forced match was a way to make them have to think about spending the points to get out of the elimination challenge. Using it every week would almost certainly detract from its effectiveness.

I think they also used it to force an odd number of participants in the immunity challenges, in order to make room for Gerina.

I think the forced match was a way to make them have to think about spending the points to get out of the elimination challenge. Using it every week would almost certainly detract from its effectiveness.

I agree that the forced match was done to get the girls to reconsider buying their way out of the Elimination Match. I just think it's unnecessary.

If BB allows the girls to buy their way out, then they should be allowed to do so without additional penalty or recourse, as the girls already have to forfeit all their points.

I agree that the forced match was done to get the girls to reconsider buying their way out of the Elimination Match. I just think it's unnecessary.

If BB allows the girls to buy their way out, then they should be allowed to do so without additional penalty or recourse, as the girls already have to forfeit all their points.

I see nothing wrong with it. If you're that worried, then play in the elimination in the first place.

Back