TaylorMade ATV Wedge - Everything You Would Want To Know

Did Tadashi offend Rusty in the THP World Rankings? Rusty has decided to peace out on anymore ATV updates?

oh boy....Didn't mean to offend anyone
Did Tadashi offend Rusty in the THP World Rankings? Rusty has decided to peace out on anymore ATV updates?

For some reason Rusty won't be posting anymore.... :confused:

Ah. I see what you are saying. Rusty must have struggled today, because he said in the sign up thread, he won't be posting in here after today's round. That's the best I can come up with.

oh boy....Didn't mean to offend anyone

Im highly offended dude. Seriously I have no idea about Rusty I was just throwing junk out there.

That's how I took it...
Ah. I see what you are saying. Rusty must have struggled today, because he said in the sign up thread, he won't be posting in here after today's round. That's the best I can come up with.

Yeah I took it as a struggle ensued too. No big deal Rusty tomorrow is a new day.

Yeah, sorry for the confusion there, guys, I was just kinda joking around! I had a tough round today, and its no big deal at all. Some of you were saying in the sign up thread that I had been putting out great information on these wedges, and I started thinking "man, they don't want to hear what I thought about this wedge today!" Truth is, I didn't even use the 54* very much today. When I did use it, the results were nothing special. Nothing new to report.

Yeah, sorry for the confusion there, guys, I was just kinda joking around! I had a tough round today, and its no big deal at all. Some of you were saying in the sign up thread that I had been putting out great information on these wedges, and I started thinking "man, they don't want to hear what I thought about this wedge today!" Truth is, I didn't even use the 54* very much today. When I did use it, the results were nothing special. Nothing new to report.
Dude, feedback is feedback, good/bad/ugly. Honest feedback is what drives forum testing, if a bad round happens with a club, then I want to hear about it. It all about honest feedback, no matter if it's positive or negative in relation to the equipment.

Very much agreed! Your feedback has been great so far and like War said, every little bit of input helps. Keep up the great reviews, Rusty! We appreciate it.

Wandering the earth like Kane from Kung Fu, Tapatalking on an iPhone.

What I am trying to say is my feedback on the ATV wedge today is neutral. I only used it 4 times, and my results were no better or worse than I would expect with any other wedge.

For example, I finally had a bunker shot that allowed me to try the ATV out of the sand. This course just filled their bunkers with some extra fine, beach sand, and all the members are complaining about it. You get a fried egg lie if you just toss your ball in the bunker. Well, my approach shot hit the back lip of the bunker, away from the green, and I had a down hill, side hill, fried egg lie. I sculled the ball across the green. I don't think this reflects on the ATV wedge or the multiple bounce sole at all -- it was a really hard shot and I couldn't pull it off. OTOH, I hit a great chip shot coming back and got up-and-down for bogey. So I guess the ATV was 1 for 2 on that hole!

But that's all I meant....I was not happy with my game today, and I have nothing useful to report on the ATV wedge.

Having missed the ATV's during Demo Day, I was back in Golfsmith this afternoon and made sure to find one and give it a look. I was one who was not impressed at all with the look from the pictures I had seen, but after picking up a 56 and giving it some waggles, I agree that you really can't tell all that's going on with the sole when you are standing there framing a ball. The look at address is very clean, and the finish looks real nice. Also thought the club had a nice weight distribution to it. Picked up a couple different brands, and the ATV seemed less head-heavy than some competitors.

Not in the market for wedges, but if the performance of these matches up with the positive thoughts I got from handling it in the store, then TaylorMade has succeeded in really bringing their wedge design and performance up several notches.

When I went to the Taylormade demo day the ATV's hadn't been been released so I didn't try them out. With all the hype of the testing I went to try them at the pro shop ( I only swung them a little bit not hit ball with them dang) and I really liked the "swing weight" and the length as well as the way it looked at address. I am seriously going to try and get these sometime. I would love to get either a 52, 58 set of 50, 54, 58

Watching this just makes me drool. . .I can't wait!

Watching this just makes me drool. . .I can't wait!

Thanks for posting this. I've got to pull up the radio show again and re-listen to all the info. I wondered about the leading edge and toe relief and it looks like its all there, along with much more.

Like when you are about to snack down on a nice cold water melon in July!

Or an ice cold beer at the turn on a 90° summer day...

Like many of you i think wedges are so confusing and i always buy middle of the road bounce in the hope it will work in all conditions but these look and sound so good then i have to try them

Like many of you i think wedges are so confusing and i always buy middle of the road bounce in the hope it will work in all conditions but these look and sound so good then i have to try them

hi barry if you are looking to try them out try your local american golf my store got a few in from the first batch before they sold out.

Sorry if this is a skim, but I was wondering if anyone knew whether or not you can order these with custom length & lie. I don't see anything on their site for ordering these so I was curious.

Last edited:
I tested these at Nevada Bob's which I know doesn't replicate hitting them on the course but they feel great.

Sorry if this is a skim, but I was wondering if anyone knew whether or not you can order these with custom length & lie. I don't see anything on their site for ordering these so I was curious.

I would imagine this would be done from an authorized dealer that has an account with them but I may be wrong.

You all may have seen this video before but in light of the new ATV I was watching it and it makes me so much more excited wow!

You all may have seen this video before but in light of the new ATV I was watching it and it makes me so much more excited wow!

Lord have mercy, you got me drooling like kid sucking a cold Popsicle on a hot July day!

Back