Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I may need some Srixon Z 545 irons. Did some on course work with some today and was seriously impressed.
I know how much you liked the DPCs and figured it took a lot for the Nikes to knock them out of the bag. Now something kicks them both to the curb? Wow.

I know how much you liked the DPCs and figured it took a lot for the Nikes to knock them out of the bag. Now something kicks them both to the curb? Wow.

Very impressed with the Srixon Z 545 irons. These have definitely got me thinking.

Only three real ponders and they have been ones that have kept staying in my mind as of late. Fly z driver and hybrid, Nike vapor speed irons and a JDM milled collection #9. The beginning of 2015 looks to be really expensive....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Odyssey #7 WHP, Seamus, and a stand bag

I'll take the Nike's back then! ;)
Anytime. They're still your clubs. But still say they are quite good. I have enjoyed the time spent with them.

Stand bags... just do not know which one.

I'm not an afficianado, but that Taylormade bag I'm reviewing is very nice.

That is one that I really really like. That and the Wilson Staff Nexus bag.

That was the other one on my list when I was pondering a while back. I feel like I'm picky with stand bags and I haven't had any big negatives pop up so far. The worst thing I've noticed is that the scorecard pocket is on the wrong side of the bag for grabbing while walking, but the tradeoff is that the water bottle pocket is very accessible.

5-ish pounds.
Big top
14 slots
10 pockets
Very sturdy legs

815 12*. I want to hit it against the Vapor Pro at 12.5 and the incoming '14/'15 Cleveland Black.

I hope the driver tech of 2015 is awesome, because I dislike a lot of the new headcovers... Good thing I've got a solution for that.
Couldn't agree with you more! I am actually using the head cover from my big Bertha on my 815....like it much better.

Tap tap taparoo

I think I may need some Srixon Z 545 irons. Did some on course work with some today and was seriously impressed.

Go for it!

Pretty impressive how much the Srixon irons came in and took the THP world by storm.

That was the other one on my list when I was pondering a while back. I feel like I'm picky with stand bags and I haven't had any big negatives pop up so far. The worst thing I've noticed is that the scorecard pocket is on the wrong side of the bag for grabbing while walking, but the tradeoff is that the water bottle pocket is very accessible.

5-ish pounds.
Big top
14 slots
10 pockets
Very sturdy legs

I feel like the above is the exact bag that I am looking for honestly. I prefer 14 way divider!

Go for it!

Pretty impressive how much the Srixon irons came in and took the THP world by storm.
Not surprised by what I saw yesterday, since I had hit them on the range a few months back, but more than pleased. Already been looking online looking.

I feel like the above is the exact bag that I am looking for honestly. I prefer 14 way divider!

I was a bit wishy-washy, but it works. Four actual dividers, but 14 slots. I'm very surprised how little sticking there is. It's one of those things I just sort of accept with stand bags, though some are better than others. This one is certainly heads and shoulders above what I was using before in that regard.

Go for it!

They're absolutely the real deal. Along the lines of what you and Kang were talking about earlier: I think for a GI iron, the feel on these is a bit better than other GI irons because while the weight is set back to get launch up, it's still behind the sweet spot rather than heel-toe weighted.

Having never played a forged iron before, I'm starting to embrace the bag chatter. Tools, not jewels (though they're gorgeous irons). I still can't get over the fact that I've been able to play these since July.

I was a bit wishy-washy, but it works. Four actual dividers, but 14 slots. I'm very surprised how little sticking there is. It's one of those things I just sort of accept with stand bags, though some are better than others. This one is certainly heads and shoulders above what I was using before in that regard.
I will add one more thing real quick. I took a video of this, but haven't uploaded it.I was walking along and something just didn't seem normal to me. Couldn't quite place it, but then it came to me. Quiet. Very minimal chatter.

Pondering iron shafts today for some reason. Thinking that the Speedblades would look pretty sick with some Black Nickel KBS Tours in them.

Pondering iron shafts today for some reason. Thinking that the Speedblades would look pretty sick with some Black Nickel KBS Tours in them.
Oooh that is a good ponder. They play great with KBS Tours. They'd look even better with black nickel.

I'm going with another SeeMore in the end. But, his turnaround is usually very good.

Don't forget you can go wide body on the 201, it's amazing.
A wide body 201 with a flow neck is just what I'm after. Hmmmm...

Oooh that is a good ponder. They play great with KBS Tours. They'd look even better with black nickel.

Yeah I think the standard shafts are ok with the colder weather and all the associated layers, but I'd like to go with something a little heavier in the spring. You order yours with them or have them built? I'm curious about adjusting the swing weight in these...

Yeah I think the standard shafts are ok with the colder weather and all the associated layers, but I'd like to go with something a little heavier in the spring. You order yours with them or have them built? I'm curious about adjusting the swing weight in these...

I got mine custom from TM. Love the combo.

Pondering a new cart bag if I can find a sweet deal on one I like. I like the Sun Mountain C-130 (Red, white and blue), but can't go that much one one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back