What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried out the NXT Tour S and really enjoyed it great feel and durabilty . I would prefer to be playing the Prov1x but just cant get past the 47 dollar price anymore and chewing them up so easily.

I just bought a box of Prov1x x-outs at Dicks (29.99) a few days ago. I don't know if they are the old or new version, but they work for me.

That's a good deal.

I split a dozen of the Penta practice balls with RMix09 and played the entire round today with two of them.

The cover held up great, the action on the green was solid, and I got great distance off the tee. For 20 bucks a dozen, I don't know how you could go wrong with that ball.

I haven't played them yet, but I bought a doz of the PRACTICE Pro V1s. I have been in love with the 2012 Pro V1 this season after falling out of love with the last few versions.

Do they have any rhyme or reason on the version for practice balls? I doubt seriously that they are all or maybe even any 2012 version, but what do they select for those? Just whatever is left over?

Played a Pro V1 for the first time in a round of actually keeping score. Dare I say I liked it?

played a WS FG Tour that I got for Fathers day 2011,very soft and very durable ball,Ironically I lost it on the 15th hole and while looking for it I found a TF xl7000 straight or something like that anyway I said screw it and hit a 3 hybrid from 230 out to 3 feet

I played the Prov1x, it was plain and boring like always, just like I like it. I'm digging the low driver spin and distance plus I know that I can attack the green and hold it. I like how it felt of the putter.

Well I have never had a problem getting them to hold the green on. Hips and pitches but I guess it depends on what you're coming from. if you end up not liking them I'll take some off your hands and if not, who did you get them from on amazon?

Tapalk. That's why.

Ordered them from Golfdom Back 9. Looks like the 90 ball option is not on the table anymore. Best I could find after a quick look was 3-dozen for $34.99. Link below. Hope it works.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1F8FV9JTWT52TC6HABSH

Likely it is the Indian not the arrow. My scores have been on the rise the last 3-4 weeks.

went back to the tp black, 2 for $50 is too solid of a deal to pass up. Still love the ball, was hard to get a good idea of how it held up on the green since they were ungodly fast for most of the day saturday

Rocketballz, or Rocketball... Whatever. :D

I was pretty impressed with this ball. Good distance and decent stopping power on the greens. I know it's silly but I also like the double digit number on the ball.

I played the front 9 with a new e6 in yellow. Hit it very well but couldn't get in a groove with it off the wedges. Back 9 was with a ProV1 and i actually played really well with it, surprising because i've never really been able to see a difference as much. A lot more control of the wedge and i even got a ball to back up for me.

went back to the tp black, 2 for $50 is too solid of a deal to pass up. Still love the ball, was hard to get a good idea of how it held up on the green since they were ungodly fast for most of the day saturday

Yeah you had some decent action on those things.. Should give the Penta practice balls a shot. That's a great deal at 20 bucks a dozen.

I played three different balls yesterday during my 36 holes of golf at FoxFire Resort. I started off with the Bridgestone 330RX-S which I liked a lot, they flew pretty straight and spun really good around the green and had a good feel to them. I also used a Nike 20XI-S that I had left over and that one was good too except it felt harder than the Bridgestone and a lot more clicky which really didn't bother me a whole lot. I finished up the 2nd round of golf with a Taylormade TP5 Penta which also felt similar to the BS but I felt like I got more distance out of it!

I can,t give up my Wilson FG Tours, I love these balls. I know my sig is different but I will change it. Great distance,durability and spin control. Not a lot of spin off the driver but plenty where u need it. Until someone comes out with sumting I like at a lower price point I,m sticking with it. Any imput from others?

Yeah you had some decent action on those things.. Should give the Penta practice balls a shot. That's a great deal at 20 bucks a dozen.

yeah I love those too, freaking Dicks didnt have any practice balls except ProV1's otherwise I would have been all over those penta's

I played a TopFlite XL Straight and a Snake Eyes(I forgot what model) Each ball is actually really good and surprised me.

Prov1x
Prov1
Callaway diablo +
Srixon ad333
Nike pdsoft
And none of them could swim

Played TM Penta Tp.. Running low from yesterday slice fest. May consider the TP3s next.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk 2

Unfortunately I found a Pro V1 and thought I'd see how I got on......loved it, golf just got more expensive!!

I played three different balls yesterday during my 36 holes of golf at FoxFire Resort. I started off with the Bridgestone 330RX-S which I liked a lot, they flew pretty straight and spun really good around the green and had a good feel to them. I also used a Nike 20XI-S that I had left over and that one was good too except it felt harder than the Bridgestone and a lot more clicky which really didn't bother me a whole lot. I finished up the 2nd round of golf with a Taylormade TP5 Penta which also felt similar to the BS but I felt like I got more distance out of it!

Which would you pick between the RX-S and the TP5?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk 2

I see lots of people playing Bridgestones. Just curious why.

Lots of high level options to try out in their line to fit each players needs. Tough to not at least try one :)

Speaking of which, took the B330 out for a spin this weekend for about the 3rd time ever I think. I adore this ball off the tee, and I quite liked it around the greens, I hit both roll out and stopp'em chips with this ball on command. A rare find for me. I'd comment on the iron shots but was possibly the worst round of iron shots I've hit in the last 3 years, they just felt alien in my hands; so I'll leave the iron testing for another day. :alien:

tm penta tp5
titleist nxt tour s
titleist prov1x
penta couldnt swim after a beautiful pull hook into the drink
the nxt tour s felt really soft but that one took a dive after careening off a tree and into the pond
prov1x was awesome an lasted til it started raining

Bridgestone B330 2012 edition! AMAZING! this is my ball for the year. really had it working on all shots today. flop shots were sticking, chips were rolling close. draining long putts and was able to work some shots off the tee today. i wasn't 100% sold till today with which i wanted to stick with the B330 or the B330S but i think today made up my mind for me.

Had a sleeve of Callaway HX Bite balls that were given to me at a tournament, I actually liked them a lot. They are a good low cost alternative to a premium ball when playing a less than stellar course. Very good distance and enough spin to keep the ball on some pretty hard greens. I think Callaway has discontinued this line but it is a solid low cost offering IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back