JRod

Reaction score
Handicap
4.2 USGA
So has anyone tried this? I will be making an appointment later today for my wrists. I have heard great things from numerous people about this and was just curious as to what to expect. Thanks in advance!

LOTS AND LOTS OF PAIN OOOWW ...lol sorry couldnt help myself but any way suppose to really help from what i have herd from friends...

LOTS AND LOTS OF PAIN OOOWW ...lol sorry couldnt help myself but any way suppose to really help from what i have herd from friends...

The pins are tiny I really don't think it will hurt.

I'll be curious how this goes for you. Is something like this pretty expensive?

I'll be curious how this goes for you. Is something like this pretty expensive?

Good question. I will be finding out today. I'm also not sure if insurance covers it.

More like pressure than actual pain, just a slight tug when they remove it. I tried it for my back problems but it really didn't do any good.

JRod, I am very interested in hearing your reaction and feedback on this.
I have had some minor wrist issues for a couple of years and have considered this.
Please keep us updated. Good luck !

JRod, I am very interested in hearing your reaction and feedback on this.
I have had some minor wrist issues for a couple of years and have considered this.
Please keep us updated. Good luck !

Will do! I am willing to try just about anything and I have heard great things about this treatment so here's to hoping!

Good question. I will be finding out today. I'm also not sure if insurance covers it.

I wondered about that. They won't even cover hearing aids for loss after surgery many times, I doubt they do. Main this is does it work? Good luck!

I wondered about that. They won't even cover hearing aids for loss after surgery many times, I doubt they do. Main this is does it work? Good luck!

Yah I have pretty amazing Insurance thanks to my wife and they cover most all alternative treatments so I am hoping they cover this as well.

Only person I know who tried it was my Dad, he did it 35 years ago to stop smoking. He took the treatment and then they put a "staple" behind his left ear lob. He was to rub it anytime the urge to smoke hit him. He successfully stopped smoking through acupuncture. Unfortunately he passed away since then and I cannot question him further about his thoughts on this.

I had it done as a part of my therapy for my back.....it wasn't bad but I only had to go for a few times. Didn't think the pain was too bad but that depends on where you're getting stuck, etc.

So has anyone tried this? I will be making an appointment later today for my wrists. I have heard great things from numerous people about this and was just curious as to what to expect. Thanks in advance!

I go once a month for my back and have for years. When I miss a month or appt. I feel the difference. My acupuncturist hooks me up to a small electric current for 30min each session. No pain unless a severe area. Out of 35-45 pins I think I may get a quick twinge of pain from two. It leaves as quick as it arrived

Only person I know who tried it was my Dad, he did it 35 years ago to stop smoking. He took the treatment and then they put a "staple" behind his left ear lob. He was to rub it anytime the urge to smoke hit him. He successfully stopped smoking through acupuncture. Unfortunately he passed away since then and I cannot question him further about his thoughts on this.

Sorry to hear that DD but I am glad it worked for him!

I had it done as a part of my therapy for my back.....it wasn't bad but I only had to go for a few times. Didn't think the pain was too bad but that depends on where you're getting stuck, etc.

Cool thanks for the info!

Once a month for me. And like Tadashi said, if I miss an appointment, I notice a difference. My body just feels more tired.

Quick question Sr. Kong....do you think that's more mental for you or do you definitely notice it on a physical level?

I go once a month for my back and have for years. When I miss a month or appt. I feel the difference. My acupuncturist hooks me up to a small electric current for 30min each session. No pain unless a severe area. Out of 35-45 pins I think I may get a quick twinge of pain from two. It leaves as quick as it arrived

Due to the type of therapy with the electric current it a physical thing for me. As I understand it, it's just more of a penetrating therapy. I also have noticed some really good progress with the therapy. When I used to miss it would sideline me now it's just an ache. The same holds true for me knee. I failed to follow physical therapy after surgery and the acupuncture has aided in my range of motion.

Quick question Sr. Kong....do you think that's more mental for you or do you definitely notice it on a physical level?

Interesting. I may need to see if the electric current option is something that will be a part of my therapy program after my procedure in August.

Due to the type of therapy with the electric current it a physical thing for me. As I understand it, it's just more of a penetrating therapy. I also have noticed some really good progress with the therapy. When I used to miss it would sideline me now it's just an ache. The same holds true for me knee. I failed to follow physical therapy after surgery and the acupuncture has aided in my range of motion.

Interesting. I may need to see if the electric current option is something that will be a part of my therapy program after my procedure in August.
It really makes a difference, I've done both (with and with out electric therapy) big difference in how you feel after. Stimulates blood flow and get deep into the tissue

More like pressure than actual pain, just a slight tug when they remove it. I tried it for my back problems but it really didn't do any good.

I would think the skin on one's back is less sensitive to needles than on one's wrists.

Back a few yrs ago I was 4 months out from the NY marathon and while out on a training run took a really hard fall, landing on my sciatic nerve.

Tried all the usual western med stuff to no avail. I could hardly walk, let alone run. After a month I hit the acupuncturist.

The needles ran from my spine down to my ankle and he ran current between. I went 2 or 3 times a week for a month, then once a week up to the marathon for management.

1) the sciatica has never come back
2) after the marathon my sciatic nerve was about the only thing that didn't hurt.

Bringing up an old thread. Hoping to hear more thoughts on acupuncture. Really considering it for pretty bad neck pain. Quite a few have recommended it, so I am thinking about giving it a go.

Positives?
Negatives?
Anyone used it specifically for neck pain?

I have been thinking about this as well, would live to hear thoughts on this

I used Accupuncture extensively for a severe neck injury years ago. It really helped me heal faster. Helped the muscles in my neck relax so my 3 herniated discs healed faster. It was a real game changer.
My advice is to find out what's causing your neck pain then decide if Accupuncture can help.
The only thing I find is a negative is when people have false expectations. Accupuncture will help you heal but if you keep doing what's causing the pain, the pain will persist even with therapy.
Good luck. Neck pain sucks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I tried it for the first time last week to ease my back pain. I was sceptical at first, but worked fantastic. The pain when the needle goes in is not as bad as once thought. Once you move while the needle its extemely painful. My pain relief was one full day and the pain game back. It is different for everyone so results many vary. Hope this insight helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back