The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very frustrating. It would be different if I'd had this my whole life but it's just started like in the past 6 months, randomly. People tell me all the time I look so much better clean shaven than with a beard but I don't feel comfortable with the irritation and redness so I usually just keep the beard.

I am right there with you. Which is why you will usually find me sporting stubble and sometimes, just a God awful looking pretend beard. Mine started a while back and even when Kelly was at Clinique, we couldn't find a product to help me. I have social anxiety as it is, so imagine that, plus having an inflamed, beet red upper lip for a day after shaving. It sucks arse!

Wandering the earth like Kane from Kung Fu, Tapatalking on an iPhone.

Bahester and Jeff, here are some things that you can do to hopefully lessen that problem.

Before you shave, soak that beard with hot water. When you think you've soaked it enough, soak it some more. The more you can soften the beard, the easier it will be to cut the hairs. This leads to fewer passes with the razor, and less irritation. A hot towel can help here, by keeping hot moisture right up on your face.

Pre-lather. Work the shaving cream into your beard and let it sit. Again, this will help soften the hairs. Some people even let it sit and then put the hot towel back on their face over the top of it. Lather up again before the actual shave.

Avoid canned shaving cream. I really recommend using even a cheap shaving brush and cake soap if you can. Good shaving soaps don't dry your skin out and are blended for the purpose. Canned cream is designed to last forever in a can.

When you shave, stretch the skin against the grain of the hairs. Some people hold the skin with their fingers, some do facial contortions. This will stand them up and away from your skin, making the razor catch them more easily. For your upper lip, curl your lip under your teeth. Again, fewer passes with the razor will equal less irritation.

Rinse with COLD water. Rinse a lot. The cold water will close your pores, but you have to be sure to get all of the soap rinsed off as well.

Pat dry, don't rub dry. Rubbing with a towel can irritate the skin after the razor.

Try skipping the aftershave lotion. For some people, even good aftershaves can irritate the area.

Hmm, some things in there I haven't heard. I will give some of that a shot. Thank you sir!

Thank you, Shark! I am due for a shave and I will give your way a go and see what shakes out.

Wandering the earth like Kane from Kung Fu, Tapatalking on an iPhone.

Oh, one more thing that I just thought of. Just because you're shaving doesn't mean you have to go baby's bottom smooth. Especially if you don't shave daily and your face isn't used to that. Take it easy and see what pans out. A little stubble or shadow is still okay these days.

Shave, don't scrape

Make sure to use a quality razr and not to let the blade get dull. The soaking with hot water really works well for me. good luck guys

I have done a lot of shaving talk, you can look it up on here.

Other than that, I have a rant/preach session.

I was talking to my friends today, and the topic of relationships comes up, as it is want to do with me and my peers. We got on the subject of attractiveness, and all of the females stated that there was zero possibility of them dating a person that wasn't physically attractive.

I don't understand this. I never will. I mean, attractiveness is a wonderful asset, but to refuse to have anythng to do with someone who isn't attractive? I know it is human nature, but it is a segment of human nature that I cannot personally grasp. Maybe because I am so thoroughly aware of my own physical shortcomings, I dunno.

Hell, a beautiful woman is something I am quite fond of, but looks fade with time. I don't buy into depreciating assets.

A friend of mine just posted pictures on her Facebook of the damage to her and her husbands car (They live in Garland, TX). The windshield is completely busted out, there are baseball size holes in the back glass (about 10 of them), and it looks like someone took a baseball bat to the entire body of the car. HOLY! COW! Just glad you guys are alright down there.

That's what I was afraid was going to happen here, but we somehow avoided the bigger stuff I suppose.

Heck of a storm there, cookie. You have tornado watches going on there too?

I heard some but they were not nearly as loud as normal so not sure if there were any for the town I am in, but I am only a few miles from Arlington so they could have been from there.

My sister said the rangers game got hit pretty bad

Sounds about right - the stadium is about 2-3 miles southwest of my house.

I was talking to my friends today, and the topic of relationships comes up, as it is want to do with me and my peers. We got on the subject of attractiveness, and all of the females stated that there was zero possibility of them dating a person that wasn't physically attractive.

I don't understand this. I never will. I mean, attractiveness is a wonderful asset, but to refuse to have anythng to do with someone who isn't attractive? I know it is human nature, but it is a segment of human nature that I cannot personally grasp. Maybe because I am so thoroughly aware of my own physical shortcomings, I dunno.

Hell, a beautiful woman is something I am quite fond of, but looks fade with time. I don't buy into depreciating assets.

Looks dont fade with time for someone you are in love with. Every time I see my wife, she looks better than the first day I met her.

Honesty is a beautiful thing, however many times in a youth setting, it can be brutal. It sucks that people cannot wear their inside on the outside for people to learn more about them to begin with, but the irony is that nobody will walk down the street and say "good lord did you see that incredible personality"? As people gain experience in life, different things become attractive, but one of the biggest parts of that is the physical side of things.

We had a brief storm blow through here last night, and my neighbors tree limb snapped and severed the power line. Nice. Power was out until 2:00 a.m. AND I lost a cable box and 2 small appliances in the power surge. Grrrr.

Was on the range bombing some classic drives and this happened.

442c9803-2dc7-027f.jpg

Awesome.

Now this is a legit rant, sorry to see that

clearly your skill is beyond what a Classic can provide you....time to go back to the Williams buddy!

Was on the range bombing some classic drives and this happened.

442c9803-2dc7-027f.jpg

Awesome.

Holy effin egg roll. WTC is that in my car! I'm so frickin pissed right now! A tree had to rot and fall on my car wbhzsabahabsbdbaah!!2!!:!:!!

aefc60b8-d6a6-4479.jpg

Ouch Perry - that sucks man. That's some bad luck right there.

I am so pissed! But at the same time it's comical, time to call insurance, it didn't even storm like it did down your way Cookie

Wow that sucks Perry. And clearly golf4life is swinging his driver too hard.

Wow that sucks Perry. And clearly golf4life is swinging his driver too hard.

I'm blaming it on buckjob's earth moving chunky shot

Looks dont fade with time for someone you are in love with. Every time I see my wife, she looks better than the first day I met her.

Honesty is a beautiful thing, however many times in a youth setting, it can be brutal. It sucks that people cannot wear their inside on the outside for people to learn more about them to begin with, but the irony is that nobody will walk down the street and say "good lord did you see that incredible personality"? As people gain experience in life, different things become attractive, but one of the biggest parts of that is the physical side of things.

JB, I had no idea you were such a romantic :)

And truer words I've not heard in a while. It is unfortunate that the physical so often overrides any further exploration of someone...

But to JR and the other youth out there, sometimes an exception comes along. Someone that doesn't follow the norm, and all of a sudden that "beauty" is talking to you and wanting to hang with you and the handsome, popular "jock" across the room is the one who is clueless as to why.

pmoa with the ultra bad luck this Thursday morning. That's blows dude!

My rant is that now I seem to be able to post via a real computer, but tabbed browsing doesn't work. Better than stupid tapatalk at least. What a piece of trash that app is. Crashes every 5 minutes on me.

I believe that is just young people being young.

for myself, I won't date someone that I am not attracted to, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they are physically attractive. I have known girls that didn't attract me till I got to know then and then I thought they were sexy. If it makes any difference, girls tend to find me attractive, but then don't like me once they get to really know me. The reason for this is that they thought I was a bad ass and then they realized that I am just a nerdy guy who dressed hard core. This was my fault really because I advertised something that I was not. Also, I went for more of the popular girl who was not into things like Firefly and anime and good music (not popular) and there is no way they could understand me.

This kind of rejection really hurts because they rejected me and not my looks. I have learned my lesson though, but I am now 29 and I should have learned it many years ago.

I'm surprised this surprises you. You know enough teenage girls. Nothing they say surprises me anymore. Unless I hear something genuine from them, lol.

ding ding ding

eventually they'll realize (or maybe not) that there's more to a person than just looks

I believe that is just young people being young.

for myself, I won't date someone that I am not attracted to, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they are physically attractive. I have known girls that didn't attract me till I got to know then and then I thought they were sexy. If it makes any difference, girls tend to find me attractive, but then don't like me once they get to really know me. The reason for this is that they thought I was a bad ass and then they realized that I am just a nerdy guy who dressed hard core. This was my fault really because I advertised something that I was not. Also, I went for more of the popular girl who was not into things like Firefly and anime and good music (not popular) and there is no way they could understand me.

This kind of rejection really hurts because they rejected me and not my looks. I have learned my lesson though, but I am now 29 and I should have learned it many years ago.

Kids will be kids..

I'm surprised this surprises you. You know enough teenage girls. Nothing they say surprises me anymore. Unless I hear something genuine from them, lol.

Rep added man. I remember being that young haha.

ding ding ding

eventually they'll realize (or maybe not) that there's more to a person than just looks

The people worth having will realize this. Leave the others to be gold diggers. You will have a better life.

My rant is that Richard schedule our trip up to VT for this weekend...Argh, I'm going to have to record the US Open coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back