Loft Lie Bending machine

jimnycricket65

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 14.7
Does anyone own one of these? Does it make sense to own one of these?
I was fitted for a standard lie when I bought my current clubs/ Since the purchase, I have been working on my swing including my stance and hanging my arms; I see the toe visibly pointing up. My previous irons were -2 degree.

I wouldnt think theres too big of a point to have one unless you run a shop out of your garage or something. Cost a lot more than it does to take your clubs in to a store and have them bent

I would buy one, I like tools though.

It doesn't matter what the club looks like at address in terms of the toe being up (apart from mentality problems thinking "toe up, I'm hitting this left"). It's all to do with the impact position of the club to the ball. I recently got fitted to make sure the irons I have got were set up correctly, and they were (standard lie). The toe at address sits 'slightly' up but it doesn't affect me knowing when I come into impact, the club is going to be hitting the ball with the correct lie angle for me.

Maybe go to a different fitter and get re-done?

We have one. I cant imagine it would be worth having one for most consumers. They are rather expensive and used very little.

A good Mitchell machine can cost around $1500. At $5 per cub that my shop charges, it would take 300 bends to make it worth it.

THPing on Tapatalk

Does anyone own one of these? Does it make sense to own one of these?
I was fitted for a standard lie when I bought my current clubs/ Since the purchase, I have been working on my swing including my stance and hanging my arms; I see the toe visibly pointing up. My previous irons were -2 degree.

My home course has one and I do some club work for them (mainly putter work) although I've bent many other clubs. Not something most should own or need to own. One wrong move with the machine and it is curtains for many clubs.

Back