TaylorMade ATV, TaylorMade RocketBladez, or Cleveland 588 RTX ??

JoeyMac

Reaction score
Handicap
So I'm needing a new wedge. Got a whole new set of other clubs but I'll still have the same cheap cleveland/Vokey knockoffs. They were given to me by a friend when I broke my other equally cheap wedges at one point or another. Playing a few years, I really love that sort of profile in my wedges - so I think now that I'm finally getting a whole new set, I might as well get a similar club. I'm definately getting a 56* and will probably pick up the 60* too maybe later.

Initially, I was leaning towards the 588 RTX because not only is my current wedge a nearly identical clone but my brother plays clevelands and I like them alot. But newer tech like variable bounce on the ATV/RocketBladez/J40 seem really attractive. The ATV & J40 appear to have the similar profile as the vokey/588 wedges so I think they would play naturally for me. Plus, rounding my bag out with a final TaylorMade club just seems natural.

So at the moment I think I'd be getting be getting the ATV, but this RocketBladez has caught my eye. The descriptions make them sound alot like the ATV with the taylormade variable bounce and I think it's an attractive looking wedge, especially about 20% cheaper than the ATV. But I haven't read to much inthe way of how they are milled.

Does anyone know how the RocketBlade actually compares to the ATV?
And the big question: TaylorMade ATV, TaylorMade RocketBladez, or Cleveland 588 RTX ??

If you know you like a wedge, I would say go for that. Its such a precise shot making club, getting along with it is half the battle. FWIW, I preferred the RTX to the ATV due to sole size and versatility. Im sure others feel the exact opposite. Its personal preference of course and neither are bad wedges.

You may want to check out the RocketBladez forum review thread for tons of info on the wedges.

I can vouch for the ATV being a damn nice stick. Wouldnt know about the RBLDZ, but i've also hit the RTX. It was nice, felt great, but it was a but heavy IMO.

The sole of the ATV looks funky, but boy does it work. Had a session with it at a heated out door range the other day. I'm a believer... No more worrying about bounce for me.

ATV & rockebladez are pretty much the same except for cosmetics.

I have the RBladez in 5-SW, but opted to buy ATV wedges rather than get the AW in the RBladez set. Technology is the same in the RBladez and the wedges, but personally prefer wedges to be seperate from the set.

I have the RBladez in 5-SW, but opted to buy ATV wedges rather than get the AW in the RBladez set. Technology is the same in the RBladez and the wedges, but personally prefer wedges to be seperate from the set.

This would be me my recommendation as well, but again, that is my personal preference. I think the ATV's are great wedges, but I think you would be best off to get some swings in with all of them and then make a decision from there. It's hard for me to tell you that what works for me will work for you, especially with wedges as they are such precise clubs where the littlest thing can throw a player off.

You may want to check out the RocketBladez forum review thread for tons of info on the wedges.

I have covered the Bladez' wedges a bit in the forum thread that JB references, so I second the recommendation to head there for info, as well as the ATV testing thread. In short, both TM wedges use the ATV technology, and Rafdo is correct about the cosmetics - the ATV's "flange" is centered while it is out toward the toe on the Bladez. That plus one other thing that i dont remember right now make the Bladez more forgiving on full shots, at least according to TM's CS rep. I haven't hit the ATVs so I can't verify that one, but I have found the Bladez to be very forgiving (see my post from this morning on this very topic, here: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...eview-Thread&p=1990194&viewfull=1#post1990194)

Last edited:
I have hit the atv and the rbz in a 55 and I was so impressed with them both. I'm actually pretty solid hitting the additional shots to full shots and I thought the sole on these was the best. Now I couldn't tell the difference between the rbz from the atv.
Born to drink
Drink to score

I love my ATVs

Thanks for the link Tequill, Heading there now.

If you move fast, there is a good deal on ATV wedges in the deal of the day thread.

Ken

If you move fast, there is a good deal on ATV wedges in the deal of the day thread.

Ken
WHAT!?! Are you kidding me... 2 ATV wedges for $120!! I've been a member here for like a day and I love this place!
Man, and to think I was pondering buying just one ATV (or a 588 RTX) wedge @ $120 from GG or Dicks.
Decision made simple!

ATV & rockebladez are pretty much the same except for cosmetics.

Except the shafts, the ATV has a stock KBS that is a pretty solid shaft, I've tried the rocket fuel shafts that come stock on the rocket bladez And I can't vouch for their performance because I didn't like it as much

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

So I'm needing a new wedge. Got a whole new set of other clubs but I'll still have the same cheap cleveland/Vokey knockoffs. They were given to me by a friend when I broke my other equally cheap wedges at one point or another. Playing a few years, I really love that sort of profile in my wedges - so I think now that I'm finally getting a whole new set, I might as well get a similar club. I'm definately getting a 56* and will probably pick up the 60* too maybe later.

Initially, I was leaning towards the 588 RTX because not only is my current wedge a nearly identical clone but my brother plays clevelands and I like them alot. But newer tech like variable bounce on the ATV/RocketBladez/J40 seem really attractive. The ATV & J40 appear to have the similar profile as the vokey/588 wedges so I think they would play naturally for me. Plus, rounding my bag out with a final TaylorMade club just seems natural.

So at the moment I think I'd be getting be getting the ATV, but this RocketBladez has caught my eye. The descriptions make them sound alot like the ATV with the taylormade variable bounce and I think it's an attractive looking wedge, especially about 20% cheaper than the ATV. But I haven't read to much inthe way of how they are milled.

Does anyone know how the RocketBlade actually compares to the ATV?
And the big question: TaylorMade ATV, TaylorMade RocketBladez, or Cleveland 588 RTX ??

Joey why dont u give Scor a try. That variable sole u like is really prominent on the Scor,s. Give em a shot before u pull the trigger

I love my ATVs the ATV will give different loft choices vs the Rbladez and the Rbladez will be a bigger club

I love my ATVs the ATV will give different loft choices vs the Rbladez and the Rbladez will be a bigger club

I actually felt like the ATV was the bigger club, it seems bulkier than the new "ATV technology" sole on the rbladez

I actually felt like the ATV was the bigger club, it seems bulkier than the new "ATV technology" sole on the rbladez

I was only talking about size of face/Blade the New ATV tech is defiantly less bulky sole

Back