fupresti

Former Big Deal
Reaction score
Handicap
Marriage
Do any THP'ers in Arizona get together regularly for a round? I have a normal group I generally play with but to be honest I would like to get to know some new guys to play a round with.

Bumping this thread, as I couldn't find another AZ/PHX locals thread.

I'm looking to play an early morning round on Monday, 08-Sep. Will be in town getting ready for some tournament rounds in Scottsdale (also staying in Scottsdale). If anyone is available to play, let me know, would love to get in a round with some AZ THPers.

I don't have a group, but I'm off the I-10 corridor. I'd love to make my way up to Tucson for a round, but Phoenix is a bit of a haul. Not sure my car would make it.

Mondays are rough for me, otherwise I could swing it.

I may be able to swing something. How early are you thinking? Anyplace in mind?

Mondays are rough for me, otherwise I could swing it.
Yeah, that's understandable. Usually works that way for me, too.
I may be able to swing something. How early are you thinking? Anyplace in mind?
I could get out as early as need be, but would like to finish around noon, if possible. Have only visited a couple of times, so exposure is primarily to the Scottsdale area. Could venture beyond that for a fun round, though.

If anyone else is interested, Monday Sept 9, lets play some golf! Either Talking Stick or ASU, tee off around 6 AM. While the temp is somewhat "cool".
I will make Tee times later this week.

I can swing 9 holes on Friday afternoons after this one (Halloween) in the NW valley.

Arizona Locals

I have opening on Sat 11/1 at Wigwam. 12:30. Gold.

If anyone else is interested, Monday Sept 9, lets play some golf! Either Talking Stick or ASU, tee off around 6 AM. While the temp is somewhat "cool".
I will make Tee times later this week.

Isn't that a Sunday? Let me clear it with the wife.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

$40. Let me know if you are coming.
I'm in. Name your time.

Also, I'm going to want to give that D200 a couple of tries.

Wait, can't make this Saturday. Thought we were talking about the 9th.

Doh. The post you quoted was September 9th.

Well make this work sometime soon I hop.e

Arizona Locals

I could do the 9th of November somewhere. Tucson could be a good spot. And the D200 will be in my bag!!

I could do the 9th of November somewhere. Tucson could be a good spot. And the D200 will be in my bag!!

Sewailo, AZ National, Starr Pass are all great tracks. Would probably say AZ National, since I'll be playing Starr Pass in December.

Wouldn't say no to Quarry Pines, either. Less expensive. Reviews well.

Sewailo, AZ National, Starr Pass are all great tracks. Would probably say AZ National, since I'll be playing Starr Pass in December.

Your call - I do not know Tuscon golf at all, just the Troon courses (Sewailo, La Paloma, The Gallery). Have not played any of them.

I am playing Az Natonal on Friday and will let you know how it is. Heard it is in good shape since OB Sports is now managing with Dennis Palmer in charge. The Tucson area courses came out great after overseeding, even the munis.

Your call - I do not know Tuscon golf at all, just the Troon courses (Sewailo, La Paloma, The Gallery). Have not played any of them.
Let's say AZ National, assuming it's in good shape, otherwise we'll go with Quarry Pines.

We can pound out a time once we lock in a course.

Let's say AZ National, assuming it's in good shape, otherwise we'll go with Quarry Pines.

We can pound out a time once we lock in a course.

I played Arizona National yesterday and it is in very nice shape (fairways and greens). Played with my Raytheon golf league, paid $47. Shot 39 (back to back birdies on #5 and #6) but 45 on the back. Par is 72 (35-37). Back nine much tougher. Great views of Tucson.

Awesome, glad to hear.

Spivey, you still down for AZ National, say around a 10 am tee time? It'll be about a 90 minute drive for me, give or take. It's a bit pricey, but not often I have my wife agreeing to something like this. :angel:

Awesome, glad to hear.

Spivey, you still down for AZ National, say around a 10 am tee time? It'll be about a 90 minute drive for me, give or take. It's a bit pricey, but not often I have my wife agreeing to something like this. :angel:

Tell her it's Fupresti approved. She'll understand.

She's alright. Like I said, I'm trading in a month's extra vacation time for pay, and I said I'm spending some of it on golf stuff. Round at a premiere course, probably a new bag as well.

Back