Wedge Weighting & Balance - THP TV w/ SCOR Golf

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP got a chance to chat with Terry from SCOR about something that is very interesting as it pertains to club heads. The idea of mass and weighting and how they assist distance control.

Loved, loved, loved this interview. I have really enjoyed playing SCOR's in the past and hearing Terry talk about the spreading of the weight vertically makes absolutely perfect sense. Excites me watching that, really does make me want to get a few back in the bag ASAP - not gonna lie!

"Nobody talks about forgiveness in wedges", I found that statement to be so very true and it does give me pause to think a little more about my next choice in wedges. Great interview.

Great interview! I love the line on forgiveness as it is so true. I think Cleveland tried to do something about it by adding a small cavity in the CG16's but they never took off. Just changing the weighting a little higher adds that much forgiveness. Pretty remarkable

That was a great interview! I had no idea the weighting in the wedge played that big of a role in the long/short distance forgiveness.

Great interview, always enjoy listening to how much tech is packed in to the Scors.

That was a great one. I never realized why the shots I hit a little high went absolutely nowhere.

Great interview! But he straight-faced you on the joke you threw in. Ouch!

• Admin
Great interview! But he straight-faced you on the joke you threw in. Ouch!

Its okay. Terry laughed at me off camera (and usually does), so I can roll with that one. :D

An excellent interview! Very interesting.

Yet another awesome interview with a company that is in the forefront of my wedge pondering.

Thanks JB for a great interview and I am looking forward to hitting these wedges in May.

really great video and informative. another part of scor golf that i never thought about that makes me like their wedges more.

"Nobody talks about forgiveness in wedges", I found that statement to be so very true and it does give me pause to think a little more about my next choice in wedges. Great interview.

I agree. You never hear the word "forgiveness" when it comes to wedges. I like what I see on their website. Great little interview! Thanks for posting.

The SCOR guys and Terry are great, it really was a great interview. SCOR goodness.

Great interview. Love hearing about all this technology! SCORs rock.

Great interview and some good info there from Terry.

Great interview!

Nice interview a lot of great information in there and actually quite useful. After I get some new irons I am going to be looking at the SCORs.

What got my attention was him saying the SCOR wedges launch lower. I have not found that to be the case at all. My Scors launch higher than my other wedges but there is no loss in distance.

Back