Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody heard of the mizuno bettinardi putter C series?

Anybody heard of the mizuno bettinardi putter C series?

I havent. Just seen one in the Marketplace if thats what you were refering to.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk 2

I havent. Just seen one in the Marketplace if thats what you were refering to.

Yeah hah

Pondering putting a Project X Black into my R11s

Ok big timer. Let me borrow your black card! LoL

haha, I dont have one of those. You can borrow my wifes though

Yes. Released around 2008 I believe.
Are they similar to the mainstream Bettinardi line, I was just wondering about the mizuno-was it design for mizuno or something?

Ok here is my new ponder list:

R11s driver
RBZ driver
RBZ 3 wood
Cobra Long Tom driver/2 wood
TM Manta or Seemore Si2

Decisions....

I'm a big fan of the R11S driver and even the R11S fairway.

me too I just got my R11s 5 wood and I have never hit any fairway better, longer and straighter. I am so happy with it right now, I mainly use it as my second par 5 shot since i can hit i better than my cobra 3 wood but it's really a beast!

Are they similar to the mainstream Bettinardi line, I was just wondering about the mizuno-was it design for mizuno or something?

Yes. Betti and Mizuno were in a venture together for a time. He designed the putter series for them.

Excellent putters of the same great quality and feel IMO.

me too I just got my R11s 5 wood and I have never hit any fairway better, longer and straighter. I am so happy with it right now, I mainly use it as my second par 5 shot since i can hit i better than my cobra 3 wood but it's really a beast!

I am pondering adding a R11S 5w too.

I like the idea of the shafts being easier to change. I would keep most of the settings neutral.

bought my R11s yesterday. i've accepted that i've become a club w**re.

I am pondering adding a R11S 5w too.

It was the best thing I did for my long game, I was able to save my crappy shots from the medium rough and I loved the relatively mid ball flight! I am seriously thinking about buying the 3 wood too it's a beast

It was the best thing I did for my long game, I was able to save my crappy shots from the medium rough and I loved the relatively mid ball flight! I am seriously thinking about buying the 3 wood too it's a beast

The 3w is my go to club off the tee. I can hit it high, low, fade, draw with it.

Yes. Betti and Mizuno were in a venture together for a time. He designed the putter series for them.

Excellent putters of the same great quality and feel IMO.

Really? I found them to feel totally different. The BB Betti's, at least to me have that pingy high finish metal sound with the standard sort of milled steel feel. The Mizzie versions made this dull clack sound and felt overly harsh even on center strikes. I wanted to love it given Mizuno is my home slice but there was just no jive.

hey ST do you know of any shafts similar to the code-8 that you sold me in the 3w I got off you?

You might look at the Cleveland Black. That driver is made exactly for people like you are describing.

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately the Black driver costs over 100 £ more (I order my clubs from England because it's much cheaper. That is a bit much for experimenting. Do you really think that the distance gain over the launcher xl270 is significant enough to pay almost double?
Those Cleveland super light drivers are the right direction to go though, right?

Really? I found them to feel totally different. The BB Betti's, at least to me have that pingy high finish metal sound with the standard sort of milled steel feel. The Mizzie versions made this dull clack sound and felt overly harsh even on center strikes. I wanted to love it given Mizuno is my home slice but there was just no jive.

Eh, frankly I'm not big on ANY of them but it is still a good quality putter. No, they are not the current BB lineup but that IMO is because as time has elapsed and with the separation from Mizzy (Mizzy's loss I might add) they have simply bettered their designs and materials for the current "stock" lineup (now the BB series) if you will. For what they are the Mizzy's are great bang for the buck in the putter world, I vehemently believe that.

What's up with this Long Tom 2-wood? Something impressive there? I've never seen nor hit one but couldn't imagine ever needing it.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

What's up with this Long Tom 2-wood? Something impressive there? I've never seen nor hit one but couldn't imagine ever needing it.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

I hear they're using it in the Olympic high jump competition....

I've fallen for Nike.

VR Pro Cavity irons with DG SL irons are being built

Pondering:
VRS 3-wood with 'Ahina stiff shaft
VRS 18* hybrid (haven't decided between Fubuki K or PX shaft)
Vr Pro 21* hybrid

I might even ponder some VR Pro Dual Sole wedges.

Argh!

All of this R11s talk.... I may have to rethink my stance. You all are making me want a white club again haha. Not to replace but to be able to have for a change up. :)

All of this R11s talk.... I may have to rethink my stance. You all are making me want a white club again haha. Not to replace but to be able to have for a change up. :)

I almost broke down last week when there was used ones for 179. Part of me is still kicking myself for not pulling the trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back