Morgan Cup - Preparation Thread

I am really jealous of One-T and TC, two of my favorite guys to play golf with and they're bros and get to golf with one another all the time. TC is just freakin' golfin' his ball right now...period. It sounds like you're hitting it well too One-T, playing such a tough opponent now will definitely serve you well in the MC. Good stuff.

I am really jealous of One-T and TC, two of my favorite guys to play golf with and they're bros and get to golf with one another all the time. TC is just freakin' golfin' his ball right now...period. It sounds like you're hitting it well too One-T, playing such a tough opponent now will definitely serve you well in the MC. Good stuff.
we talked about how much we miss you today. its true!

he is easy to play with...never roots against you.

thanks pal

If I was as good as TC I would never root against you either. hahaha

we talked about how much we miss you today. its true!
I can't wait to hang out with you guys again.

Regarding the preparation front, my Wednesdays are now back to being fully dedicated to golf league. That's right, my daughter's softball season is winding down to just a few more weeks with 0 Wednesday games. I'll play tonight, tomorrow night and then have a tournament on Sunday so we're starting to get back into the swing of things around here.

I agree with that. Too bad you continue to duck me hehe

I'll ask if my Captain will put me out 2nd on Sunday.

Trying to get out and practice. It's harder with my daughter being here. Bu he have had putting contests on my putting green. Heading out to league play in about 20 min. I'm hoping to hit the range first. But it's usually packed at that time. Blah.

Wife is out of town for a couple of days, so I sense a lot of golf time is coming up between work during those days. Range is open until 11:30 PM tonight, might have to get some nighttime practice in later today.

TC and I made some HOTD videos for our prep.

I just spent 30 minutes trying to watch one of them. Worst cell reception ever here.

I'm going to the range. Maybe play 9 holes if I'm happy with how I'm hitting the ball.

Wife is out of town for a couple of days, so I sense a lot of golf time is coming up between work during those days. Range is open until 11:30 PM tonight, might have to get some nighttime practice in later today.

Awesome Amol. Go get it brother.
My wife will be gone all weekend and all next week and I will be doing nothing but golfing!

BlackBerry Tapatalk...laugh it up.

Heading to the range in about an hour to keep working on the new swing path, and then if the forecast is wrong and we don't have thunderstorms for the next 5 days, I will be getting in a couple of rounds Fri-Sun.

Eff the range. Go play golf dudes! Well, I understand if you can't. I'm ramping up my amount of golf playing for the next month. That's what it's all coming down to. Thank goodness I've been busting it at work for the past couple of months. I'm hoping I've built up enough so I can slack like a mofo for the next month, LOL

I'm going to play again tomorrow morning. I see something in the 60's.

Eff the range. Go play golf dudes! Well, I understand if you can't. I'm ramping up my amount of golf playing for the next month. That's what it's all coming down to. Thank goodness I've been busting it at work for the past couple of months. I'm hoping I've built up enough so I can slack like a mofo for the next month, LOL

I'm going to play again tomorrow morning. I see something in the 60's.

I am hoping to get one more minor tweak lesson in next week, and then only be on the range to warm up to play, or if it is late enough in the day that it isn't worth paying for 9 because I won't get them in.

Alright guys, I have been working crazy hours this week and for the rest of the week, but last night I got out there for men's night, and to say I had a good night would be an understatement.
As for score I had a 40-40-80 with 2 birds, 12 pars and then a triple and 3 doubles which sucks but I was playing great golf.

I will get into it all more when I have some time at home, but not only were we playing men's night, but in my group we had a team bet for 10-10-10 and the same bet against each person in the foursome and you could press once per match. Even though I was the highest capper in the group by about 3 strokes against everyone I played them all straight up, no strokes for me.

Well we come to 18 with a great match going. My partner and I had one the front, back and the match and our opponents had pressed each of the 9's so we had done well. They decided to press the match on 18 so that was fun and my individual matches were all square except for one that I had already won.

18 is a good par 5 and was now worth a lot of money. Not to bore you with the details but 3 guys pared the hole and one guy birdied, that guy would be me! That putt won me $150 in our money matches and I was pretty happy, but it got better.

My partner and I had a good day and actually came in second in the men's night, plus I had the KP on two of the par3's plus a douce on one of them, plus a skin on that hole to a total of $250 more $$$$ for a total of $400 being won that night.
It was a great day of prep where I made a lot of big shots with pressure and money on the line.

Oh and Nike was there doing speed trials with their launch monitor so I took them up on it. My swing speed average was 104 and they couldn't put together a driver that could beat my callaway Razr fit in the time that we had so that was great to do.

Some other quick things I learned:
- my callaway Razr forged irons are perfectly fit for me and are incredible.
- callaway forged wedges are simply amazing around the greens.
- DeanO is in big trouble.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice job, Breezy! I like that little thing about beating the Speed Trials with your big stick! Can I borrow a couple hundred loonies?

Alright guys, I have been working crazy hours this week and for the rest of the week, but last night I got out there for men's night, and to say I had a good night would be an understatement.
As for score I had a 40-40-80 with 2 birds, 12 pars and then a triple and 3 doubles which sucks but I was playing great golf.

I will get into it all more when I have some time at home, but not only were we playing men's night, but in my group we had a team bet for 10-10-10 and the same bet against each person in the foursome and you could press once per match. Even though I was the highest capper in the group by about 3 strokes against everyone I played them all straight up, no strokes for me.

Well we come to 18 with a great match going. My partner and I had one the front, back and the match and our opponents had pressed each of the 9's so we had done well. They decided to press the match on 18 so that was fun and my individual matches were all square except for one that I had already won.

18 is a good par 5 and was now worth a lot of money. Not to bore you with the details but 3 guys pared the hole and one guy birdied, that guy would be me! That putt won me $150 in our money matches and I was pretty happy, but it got better.

My partner and I had a good day and actually came in second in the men's night, plus I had the KP on two of the par3's plus a douce on one of them, plus a skin on that hole to a total of $250 more $$$$ for a total of $400 being won that night.
It was a great day of prep where I made a lot of big shots with pressure and money on the line.

Oh and Nike was there doing speed trials with their launch monitor so I took them up on it. My swing speed average was 104 and they couldn't put together a driver that could beat my callaway Razr fit in the time that we had so that was great to do.

Some other quick things I learned:
- my callaway Razr forged irons are perfectly fit for me and are incredible.
- callaway forged wedges are simply amazing around the greens.
- DeanO is in big trouble.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk
Ho-Lee sheet man. That's a hell of a night! I love it when you post lately, every post talks about better play from the day before which was also very good. You're playing some great and confident golf right now. Between you and TC it seems that both of you are in the midst of playing the best golf of your life. Keep it going bro.

I played men's league last night, shot a 40. It was a pretty ho-hum 40 because I just didn't really do much of anything great but just kept myself in the holes and when I missed I was able to recover and make bogey rather than putting up a big number. After league was over we went out and played 9 more, shot even par 36 on the front 9. That was a good round and really it should have been better, I had birdie putts on every single hole but didn't make any of them. None were really close so solid 2 putts is definitely something I'd take. 36 on our front 9 is my best score ever on that 9. There are some holes that'll definitely slap a double bogey on you if you miss but it was a great night of fairways and greens.

Playing tonight and also have a tournament (individual stroke play) on Sunday.

Hit the range again last night and was killing it from the get go. Nice high draws all the way through my irons. The change in swing path is starting to feel normal and I am not having to think about it as much. I can't wait to play Saturday to see if I can carry it to the course.

Look @ breezy go! Money making freak. Nothing like playing golf with a little dosh on the line, that tends to make a fella play with a little more pressure. Well done.

I played a little match play again today with a dude that has beaten me twice (both times on the 18th) in the last month or so. He's belbs long off the tee and has a pretty stout golf game. I was up 3 going into 15, which I won with a nice par to his bogey and got the win 4 & 3. That's the most I've beaten him by. He shot a 79 to my 76 and I was in serious scramble mode on holes 2-4. I was putting myself in jail off the tee and hit some wicked recovery shots. I'm learning that my iron/short game is my saviour. It's going to deflate Paradouchians come the end of July. The 3rd hole is an animal. 440 yard par 4 with a blind/slightly elevated tee shot. Left is death b/c you cannot have a shot at the green. Guess where I ended up? Left. I had no choice but to hit a punch cut 5iron from 186 and pulled off the shot. My ball was about a foot short of the front of the green and the pin was cut on the front right. That shot deflated him. He only had about 152 to the stick and pushed his shot a little right, short siding himself and giving me that hole. The one thing I have to remember is that loose shots will happen, it's how I forget about them and move on to the next one that makes me a formidable opponent. Today was a great day for my psyche out there as I just didn't have it clicking off the tee. It was a grinding round and I am super proud of the way I handled it.

Look @ breezy go! Money making freak. Nothing like playing golf with a little dosh on the line, that tends to make a fella play with a little more pressure. Well done.

I played a little match play again today with a dude that has beaten me twice (both times on the 18th) in the last month or so. He's belbs long off the tee and has a pretty stout golf game. I was up 3 going into 15, which I won with a nice par to his bogey and got the win 4 & 3. That's the most I've beaten him by. He shot a 79 to my 76 and I was in serious scramble mode on holes 2-4. I was putting myself in jail off the tee and hit some wicked recovery shots. I'm learning that my iron/short game is my saviour. It's going to deflate Paradouchians come the end of July. The 3rd hole is an animal. 440 yard par 4 with a blind/slightly elevated tee shot. Left is death b/c you cannot have a shot at the green. Guess where I ended up? Left. I had no choice but to hit a punch cut 5iron from 186 and pulled off the shot. My ball was about a foot short of the front of the green and the pin was cut on the front right. That shot deflated him. He only had about 152 to the stick and pushed his shot a little right, short siding himself and giving me that hole. The one thing I have to remember is that loose shots will happen, it's how I forget about them and move on to the next one that makes me a formidable opponent. Today was a great day for my psyche out there as I just didn't have it clicking off the tee. It was a grinding round and I am super proud of the way I handled it.
Thats pretty awesome bro. Congrats!

Nice way to pull off a win with some challenges dude!

Congrats on the W buddy, I know we've talked about your matches with that guy and you were ready for the win and you got it because you're on fire lately. Keep it up!

Gracias! It was tough. Man, I was grinding it out on the first few holes. I settled into a nice rythm though. I only hit 1 GIR through the first 5 holes, then rattled off GIR's from #6-14, missed short on 15, and then hit 16-18. I'm all about applying some pressure in that manner. One-T will tell you how annoying it is when a dude just drops GIR after GIR on you, hehe

Looks like some guys are putting in some good work. I really need to get out there but I'm pooped

Back