Thank Heaven for Golf Shoes

darnall

Reaction score
Handicap
Here in SW Mo we got 2-3 inches of ice from momma nature yesterday...today it is melting a bit and becoming slicker than snot. Thank heaven I have a pair of golf shoes in my truck or else I would have already busted my butt 2 or 3 times today..and having a compromised disc in my lower back means one good fall and I'm going back under the knife again. Even soft spikes help get just enough traction that I feel stable walking across this mess.

I should have thought of that. We got any where between 11 and 13 up here in KC. I ended up staying in a hotel last night across from the office and just trying to walk across the street I nearly busted my bum a few times. Think I may keep an old pair here at the office just for that reason.

I saw this posted somewhere, I couldn't remember if it was here or not. I'm not sure if it works, since I don't really ever have a time to use it.

tablet_icepc.jpg

Thats hilarious to me that you posted this pic...I have been laughed at for 7 years now about how I waddle & shuffle my feet like a penguin when I walk on this crap.

I've never thought of wearing them out, but with the new spikeless models that makes a ton of sense depending on what and where you're walking!

That penguin graphic has been posted in our city's newspaper and various news sources since we have the tendency to swing from -40 to +5 in a day and have ridiculous ice from fluffy snow in the span of 24hrs. It really does work, but doesn't save you from everything (I ate it HARD last Friday night and have bruised palms/wrists/potentially more damage to my wrists to show for it). The trick is to walk where there is snow and gravel compared to ice!
I've always wondered how golf shoes would work in these conditions... You can get strap on crampons of various make ups for like $45 from some stores so the muti-use of golf shoes that have already been paid for is a plus.

My office is in Nixa, and I about busted my tail as well. Now that is melting it is a skating rink here. Be careful. Where in SW MO are you?

Here in SW Mo we got 2-3 inches of ice from momma nature yesterday...today it is melting a bit and becoming slicker than snot. Thank heaven I have a pair of golf shoes in my truck or else I would have already busted my butt 2 or 3 times today..and having a compromised disc in my lower back means one good fall and I'm going back under the knife again. Even soft spikes help get just enough traction that I feel stable walking across this mess.

My golf shoes wouldn't help me out since they would be full of snow, but my Muck boots sure did, did I mention I hate snow, but I'm glad we didn't get the ice.

My office is in Nixa, and I about busted my tail as well. Now that is melting it is a skating rink here. Be careful. Where in SW MO are you?

Hartville...only 53 miles from you but unless you follow HS basketball you may have never heard of it...hahahaha...hows the arm man?

Iam still nursing my shoulder from a fall dec 20 still hurt's once a while time to see the doc.

Never would have thought of wearing golf shoes for snow and ice, but it makes sense.

Back