Best square driver?

cfugate

Golf God...........I wish
Reaction score
Handicap
Around 20
I was wondering about 2 square drivers, and which one the people on here seem to prefer. The first is the ft-iq and the second is the dymo2. I would like to know which one you all think is straighter and which is longer.

FT-iq. Good solid feel to the head, muted sound, long and straight, and a premium stock shaft.

FT-iq. Good solid feel to the head, muted sound, long and straight, and a premium stock shaft.

i agree with this. its the only square driver i have hit where i can look down and say this isnt going in the trees left. great great great stock shaft in the fubuki. solid and really long. the only square driver i would consider gaming

I really like both of them. The FT-iq is much better for people that fight a slice. However if you fight a hook, that driver is almost unhittable. The DYMO2 is great for people that fight both a hook and a slice. However we did not find the it quite as good overall due to the shaft.

I would love to get my hands on an FT-iQ eventually. Might have to check the Callaway outlet after the season is done here in the NE.

JB, could you elaborate more on the Nike shaft. I found the 59 gram shaft to be too weak, is the 69 the same. I probably should say too much torque and therefore somewhat unpredictable.

THANKS

However if you fight a hook, that driver is almost unhittable.

thats where the tour version comes in. i hit a natural draw. maybe about 5 or 10 yards when i really do draw it, and the tour version was straight most of the time due to the open face. its a great driver, and i preferred the slightly heavier shaft than the one on the regular version

JB, could you elaborate more on the Nike shaft. I found the 59 gram shaft to be too weak, is the 69 the same. I probably should say too much torque and therefore somewhat unpredictable.

THANKS

In our testers, we did not find it too weak in fact most really liked the shaft. But the shaft in the FT-iq is one of the best for stock shafts we have ever come across. It is married perfectly to the club head.

Thanks JB. Just tried and sold a Dymo2 with the 59 gram stiff shaft and found it to be unpredictable. I need a shaft that is fairly tip stiff and the UST 59 is not. The Blue shaft in the regular Dymo has a torque value of about 4.0, just a little to much twist causing the occasional way right shot if I pull to hard and am a little slow on the release.

Probably will try the FT-IQ next. I have a tour 9.5 FT-5 stiff that I have used for two years now and it was always a great driver. Just an occasional pull hook when I got over the top. Will probably try the FT-IQ 9.5 tour since I fight the pull hook.

Haven't used the Ft-IQ but do own the standard FT-i & absolutely love it.

I really like both of them. The FT-iq is much better for people that fight a slice. However if you fight a hook, that driver is almost unhittable. The DYMO2 is great for people that fight both a hook and a slice. However we did not find the it quite as good overall due to the shaft.

I beg to differ.

Still hooking, Floppy? You know, that's illegal in FL.

Still hooking, Floppy? You know, that's illegal in FL.

LOL, yep. A long time ago, I fought a WICKED slice...I since turned it into a straight ball, then a draw, and now quite often a hook. Hence why I am waiting to find an R9 or R9 460 for sub-$220, so I can er...trade? lol I just need an open club face.

That is so different than all the results we got with the Dymo2. Sorry you are having issues. You can check out a Nickent Evolver with CYG and it will be sub $220 and get even more settings.

That is so different than all the results we got with the Dymo2. Sorry you are having issues. You can check out a Nickent Evolver with CYG and it will be sub $220 and get even more settings.

Well now I'm SOL. When I bought the Dymo a few weeks ago, it was the only one on eBay under $210. Now there are like 20 under $200. I'm screwed. A Nickent Evolver would be perfect too. Oh well I guess.

I like my Integra Quadratic pretty good.:D

Im very much looking forward to checking out the Hippo drivers this week. We will have the unboxing pictures when they arrive.

Back